View Single Post
      08-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #12
BanziBarn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D E90 LCI Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
Our old next door neighbour had their loft converted making their terrace three floors. A fire door was required on the ground floor so if a fire started in eg the kitchen they could exit from upstairs safely out of the back door. It looked dreadful and with the new frame just took up too much space so after the inspection the door lived down the side of the shed.

Thinking about it I wonder what the insurance implications would be? I'll bet it's like mods on your car, the insurance company would wriggle out of paying up. Wouldn't have to be anything serious, maybe just some smoke damage that travels through the house. No risk to life and limb but ££££ to put right.
Good point about insurance. I think I'm just going to get decent 30s looking fire doors so I can keep the nice look, but be compliant. They have to be self closing though which is a pain. I'm sure I'll end up propping them open which again would probably have insurance implications!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2148&pictureid=44259
Appreciate 0