View Single Post
      09-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #1821
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezey View Post
Thanks for the response, Ivan. You are right, the swirl marks aren't all that bad but there is another issue. Along the front fender I can see what looks like "drip lines"; almost as if when you leave soap on too long and the sun dries it before you can rinse. It is too faint to come up in pictures and when I run my hand across it, there is nothing noticeable. Thoughts on correcting this?

Also, I probably should have just asked you what product(s) you would recommend for my color (Sparkling Graphite Metallic). If I was placing an order wanting everything to end up with the best looking daily driver in the parking lot, what would that recommendation be?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to your thoughts so I can get that order placed!
I'd say for that faint "drip line" you may need to simply try a light polish, even by hand, to see if and how easily it comes off. Other than that, I really have no better suggestion with seeing it, at least in a photo.

As for the products, I can make a list for you but it's not going to be color specific. Polishes, such as Meguiar's 105 and 205, will remove swirl marks and defects to make any paint color look great. Same with sealant/waxes... they protect the hard work you put into polishing and making the paint look great, adding a bit more shine/gloss. I like Menzerna Power Lock as a paint sealant, but have been using the new 22PLE VS1 as well.

As I said above, I can surely make a list of products for you, just let me know what exactly you're looking to do, such as polishing (if so, by machine or by hand) or only wax/sealant, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT3L View Post
Hey,
I recently got a new full body paint job on my e90 BMW 323i and noticed heavy orange peel, is there any way to get rid of the orange peel without wet sanding? I've asked around and to get it professionally done it would cost over $1000, which I don't want to spend. Is it possible to buff it off or no other option but wet sanding?
It's possible to knock it down and improve it to some extent with heavy polishing, but wetsanding is the only way to really fix it completely. Either way, if you decide to fix or improve the orange peel look, be sure it's done by someone who knows what they're doing and paint measurements are taken. You may need to get a coat of clear put on if the paint is on the thin side and wetsanding removes enough of it.

Ivan @ DI
Appreciate 0