View Single Post
      11-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #22
SubzeroVR4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaciviceg View Post
Hi guy today I picked up my 07 335i e92 and it was rainy out with the DTS on. I gave it a push and turbo kicked right in, in second gear. The I slowed down right away, I heard a beep sound and check engine light came on. After that the car felt like it became weak, and did not feel the turbo kick in anymore, got a bit worried but the dealer said the computer shot off the turbo cause of the DTS noticed the sleeping. And after an hour or two after stopping and starting again the check engine light fully went off but I didn't push it anymore as I though I might have damaged somthjng with that one push.

Please share your thoughts. I did buy a third party Insurance from the dealer for 3 years which is a bumper to bumper coverage so I hope of anything it is covered.

You were pushing it in the rain. Sounds the the TCS just detected some wheel spin and cut engine power. You're probably not feeling the "kick" because TCS is limiting the power in low rpms and by the time power is restored you're already moving. Like others have said, these cars have litttle to no turbo lag so you won't be feeling a "kick".
'21 Civic Type R
Appreciate 0