03-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #34
Dackz
Hates Speed Limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by daixloxbmw View Post
Hahaha that's what I said and well... things didn't quite work out like I planned. Getting into home theater is much like modding cars for me. Once you start, you just can't stop. Good luck! I hope you're right about not needing to upgrade.

Finally, getting a good sub is not just about "bumping things crazy loud", a good sub will also provide cleaner, smoother and effortless bass. The difference is clear even when you have it dialed down to low - moderate volumes.
+1 on all accounts. A 'better' sub will also play better at lower volume levels then a 'decent' sub too. Those subs you have to turn up LOUDER to get volume from them. Its not just a SPL level you get from larger more expensive subs, its overall tone and quality. I have a 12" box sub I got at a flea market for $35 back YEARS ago, prolly 12 years ago, its 400 watt, I was using it on my computer as a sub system because it doesnt play as deep as my 8" 300watt def tech pro sub 800, or nearly as precise and accurate. The difference is quality more so then LOUDNESS.
Appreciate 0