Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
There was a guy selling OEM's on ebay
Apparently there is a new Euro Oem that has USB , Bluetooth and HD
Radio contained within the Head unit. The method of getting it to
work seem's a little sketchy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-professi...8e553c&vxp=mtr

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687463

I might consider a aftermarket deck at this point .

You can get so much more feature wise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ777LR View Post
The one in that ebay link doesn't look too bad of an option. As far as the part number goes, 65-12-9-289-127, I can't seem to find this on realOEM or anywhere on the internet (googling only shows up that ebay link). Thoughts on this?

As far as possible, I'd like to keep the HU stock. I guess if I get that unit, I would need to rewire my existing USB jack so that it goes straight to the HU, and same for the existing microphone as well, since the MULF/TCU is no longer be 'needed', so to speak. I know there's some coding to be done to register the HU to the car, but since I already have 6FL and bluetooth in my VO, shouldn't everything just 'work' if I plug in one of these newer units?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ777LR View Post
From what I've researched, I think the coding process involves adding the necessary values to the VO (for the 6FL, bluetooth, etc), then changing the production date in NCS so that the car can see the new HU (since the new HU is not 'meant' for cars with an older production date), then performing an sg reset or something along those lines so that the new HU will have the 6FL and bluetooth options enabled. Since I already have 6FL and bluetooth from the factory, I think I should be able to skip the first step.

I'd like to get the new HU with built in USB/bluetooth, but I'm just wondering, do you happen to know if the unit you linked to is a US model? The ebay listing shows the Sirius logo on the outside of the HU, so I'm guessing it should be, since Sirius is a US-only thing. But, even so, I can't seem to find the part number on realOEM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
I'm pretty sure it mentioned it as a Euro model.
But my guess would be that is has a American number to.
Why don't you shoot woodpecka a email maybe he can clarify things.
However if you have to buy it from BMW in the US I would guess
the price would double.

Also I think you have to change the production date first then add the VO stuff and do the reset or code the radio or go in and change individual lines in the 2rad or 2urad file in that order.
I have posted the american PN MANY MANY times.
Appreciate 0