View Single Post
      04-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #87
07lilredwagon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 328 wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrive90 View Post
I like the string trick - looks like the kind of thing I might do since I'm always working by myself and inventing all kinds of jigs and rigs to imitate a "helper". Curious though, if the string represents ground-level, won't the measurement be different with the full weight of the trailer riding on the suspension?
Yes....spot on!...I am building adjust-ability in the way I connect the hitch coupler...I can make it higher or lower depending on what type of shims I use....I measured the beast before I cut it up...and though there was nothing "in" it, it still had the roof, rear diff and body attached.....thats how I came up with the initial measurement of 12" to the bottom of the hitch ball....that should be enough.....gotta be careful here and there like on steep driveways and such.....but should be fine everywhere else....

keep the comments and concerns coming!....Im sure Ive missed a whole bunch of stuff!....there are so many options with any given thing you focus on....wheels, tonneau material, opening doors, trailer tongue.....ect!

JP
Appreciate 0