04-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #105
shortie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vblanche View Post
exposing the issue on watchdog is possibly not the best idea. Especially since they will probably need to state how the cars are being nicked in order to provide context when explaining the issue (taken from the Alpina forum),

What do you think?
I can see what your say, but these guys already know what they are doing, the equipment they require can be purchased on eBay and there are youtube video showing what to do.

The aim is that BMW look into resolving this security flaw. Vauxhall recalled vectras following watchdog, Renault also did the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny.B. View Post
I think we should come up with a strongly worded email, find someone high up in bmw send them a copy and copy watchdog in on it. I think if we did this, we could get a response, especially if we get hundreds of us doing exactly the same thing.

There are loads of bmw forums so it wont take long to get around!

Totally agree with you there Danny. If every BMW owner on every BMW forum did the same, emailed Watchdog, BMW, maybe the press, then surely BMW would take it seriously instead of just fobbing people off. Owners need to stick together. There would be 100000's of emails

I know i havent got the most expensive BMW in the world, but someone should not be able to steal it so easily.