View Single Post
      09-05-2008, 08:15 AM   #22
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitar335i View Post
I knew before I bought the thing that it wasn't going to churn out those ridiculous numbers. I wanted it for the looks and sound and as long as it was a slight improvement over the stock box i was all for it. Dont get me wrong the BMS was awesome. It had that "spool" sound from the get-go.. The AFE was a little quiter which was okay with me but 1000 miles later on the AFE its getting progressively louder and louder...

I cleaned the BMS when I first bought it with the K&N cleaner. So yup.. clean from the very beginning and it got dirty as hell after 2k miles..

Before I could only hear the AFE with the windows down and slightly when it was up but now I hear it, very pronounced, when the windows are up. I dont listen for it anymore but everytime I hear it and people look at the ride.. brings a smile to my face...
I am 100% with you. The AFE is a great looking intake. Power seems to be similar to BMS, but as we all know looks make a big difference or we wouldn't have spent all this money for the car.
Appreciate 0