View Single Post
      07-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
jeffb335
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
How much did you pay for the paint ?
I think it was around $100 for the "kit", but that included leatherique's other conditioning products as well, the rejuvenator oil, pristine clean cleaner, dye prep solution, and dye. So I used the oil and cleaner on my entire interior, there are plenty of other posts here about that though so I didnt go into it here.....After this little project I DID order a bunch more of the oil and cleaner, need to do my wifes X5 now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8N View Post
Thank you for posting this, I have a similar tiny wear spot and was considering doing the exact same thing. Your pics are convincing me that I can really do this!
Yeah, I posted it because I hadnt seen anything similar here, but looking at the other redye threads I was fairly confident it would turn out pretty good, just do yourself (and leatherique) a favor and send in a leather sample so its right the first time.

Here is an in progress pic....I taped off the edges as you have to work kind of quick when doing the "wipe dye" technique and I didnt want any dye getting where it didnt belong. You can tell in this pic that the color match is right on, after this pic I just added a few more coats as its such a high wear area that I wanted it to have a little toughness....

Last edited by jeffb335; 07-12-2013 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0