01-10-2013, 03:46 AM   #32
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob32R View Post
This guy. pfft.... Are you trying to bait me? As you can see having driven my dad's 530i several times I thought it would be fine to give my overall view of the car from the positives and the negatives.

Have you ever driven a 530i Shane? If not, well then I don't know why you would even quote my overview of the car. Having nearly bought the 545i when it first came out I can attest to how much power it had and I found it to be too much for daily city driving, so why need the E60 M5 with the V10 engine in it. Sounds ridiculous really a V10 engine that does daily city duties??? Where do you use the power? Tell me where you could explore and experiment with the M-Mode?

Even the salesman from BMW said personally he wouldn't go for the E60 M5 based on the above and I'm glad my dad didn't purchase a 545i because the amount of depreciation that has hit that model is hilarious compared to the favourite of the pack the ''530i''.

I guess if I wanted to make the 530i faster I would look at getting a tune lol
Yup I've driven a 530/545 and shook hands on buying a 550 but the seller pulled out from the sale.

The 550 had a nice creamy amount of torque, but it wasn't what i call fast...

Horses for courses always applies, but M5's are fkn tuff and have you ever heard one at full noise?

Most of us on here are enthusiasts who don't care about mpg when you can have that wail of a V10 howling at you!
Appreciate 0