View Single Post
      09-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #329
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Awesome pictures, I love the first picture with the orange 1M giving a passing signal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
The problem is I actually have the kit, but I'm not going to develop/track my car anymore since I'm building a race car over the winter. I have to do a muffler delete to install the rear diffuser and that's going to cost me a bit of money and I don't want to invest any more money into my car.
Steve from Bimmerworks as well as turugara will have the kit installed on their 335s. It's a kit that will be able to put on and take off so you'll still be able to street drive your car. We are hoping to get real world data from the Bimmerworks car at The Glen.
I think this would be a huge plus for the performance of your car and not cost a lot of money. You may need to get a different front lip for the splitter, but you can take it off with the splitter and put the other one you have back on for street driving.
I am trying not to change my exhaust. I guess I'll wait to see what happens to Steve's car. I would want to keep the kit on full time, not too interested in removing it unless it is absolutely necessary ... in which case it would not be practical. I am researching doing an APR wing/spoiler on the rear. Other than looking ridiculous on the street I think it would not affect driveability.