View Single Post
      10-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
corbin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335d 2010 & x5d 2012

335d getting a new "dde"

Hey guys. Ive been lurking in here since I bought a 2010 d in march. For the first few months it ran great, but the ses light came on and I took it in for service. Injector 2 needed to be replaced, along with the recall update. Since then the ses light has come on another 2 times both times saying injector 2 was faulty. So after the third time BMW NA got involved. BMW San Diego has had the car for a week now, and this last Friday I got a call from the s.a. Who said the car needed a new "dde". I said wtf is that? She said it basically is the cars ecu, and she had to order from Deutschland herself. Lol I'm supposed to have it back by this week. It's completely stock, but I bought it as a used lease car so who knows if it was modified before, but I don't know. I'd love to jbd it with the Wagner i.c. But now I'm a little hesitant. I don't know what the car will do next. I've got the cpo with service warranty so that's that. Basically Im just venting. But any similar experiences? And suggestion?
Appreciate 0