Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc
Those of you thinking about (dreaming about . . .) ED definitely should check out Gripster's link above. Driving your new bimmer down to Rome, with your wife as co-pilot no less, takes some big ones.
Hehe - You know me then... Actually, I'd attribute it more to stupidity with a pinch of naivete rather than bravery - even though I'm European by birth.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics from our ED. I had to write it up properly to try and get across how wonderful a vacation it was that we had. Looks like you had the same experience with your son. It will be something he will always remember.

Folks that try and do the ED for the cost savings are wasting their time. While it may have worked in years past, the current exchange rates make it a costly exercise, despite the savings on the cost of the vehicle. What ED offers instead, is a fantastic experience that will remain with you years after the car is scrapped.

I left the link in my signature in the hope that others will be inspired to try this if they get the chance. You should do the same. One of the lasting benefits of ED is hearing from others that made the trip, so make sure you make it obvious that you're a member of the ED club.