07-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #17
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium3er View Post
BTW, I saw in another thread that you admitted to driving 132mph. I'm not judging you, but, comparably, a 0-60 red light run really seems trivial, don't you think?
I did say that. I stand by it. I have no regret for having done so. Here is where I did it. http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/ I don't go to the track anymore, and my car hasn't traveled at such speed since.

I won't deny regularly exceeding the speed limit; 70-80 mph is normal for me on a highway and I would be lying if I said I'm not usually driving at around 5 to 10 mph over the limit on suburban and city streets. Neither will I say that I think racing someone in a place congested enough to have stoplights is a wise move. But, also, as I said before, I wasn't always as reserved as I am now. I wasn't judging the OP; I was trying to understand from where he is coming, which is why I asked questions rather than making accusations.

Having worked in the PRC for several years, I understand that culturally and linguistically, asking a question is an aggressive move. I don't when that characteristic became part of American culture, but apparently it has.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed

Last edited by tony20009; 07-21-2013 at 11:04 AM..
Appreciate 0