10-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #144
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
R8 V10? What a joke. Why does everyone have such a hardon for that car? It doesnt even out perform a 430, but people mention them like its the same thing? The closest competitor to the R8 is a Porsche GT3, and I much rather have that. Its not always about speed. Its about the feel of a car.
You clearly haven't driven either an R8v10 and probably neither of the other two (F430 or GT3) to not see why the R8 is regarded so highly. It better than a F430, maybe not the Scuderia but then it's really an all out racer which is also true for the GT3, both offer far less in the way of creature comforts or refinement and yet in reality offer little more in outright lap pace.

Now to the question of the LF-A. I don't think everyone here are Toyota haters, well most aren't of which I include myself, but the facts remain that this car is way over priced for the performance available and the reason for that is it's about 6~7 years too late to the party. I do agree that the engine note is truly incredible but on a Lexus , a brand that hasn't nor shouldn't really stand for ultimate race car experience which really is what this car is all about. I'm sure it will be a thrilling drive and will be right up there with the best of them but sadly all of the others is will be compared to will be about half the price and all have a brand image that in this particular market stands for far more than Lexus ever could.

If they sell all 500 units then there is far too many rich d1cks in the world with too much money and not a clue of what to spent it on.
Appreciate 0