07-02-2012, 02:57 AM   #41
Alex.Devol
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M-Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
Drove it today and I like the whoosh/ pshhhh ( I know some won't) but the bit I love is the rumble. It sounds like a v8 burbling at low revs. Difficult to describe but sounds great!
I've been looking at doing something like this since i bought my 325d. I'm aware there will be no performance benefit to my car but am purely hoping to improve the engine sound. I've not had the car long and its the first 325 i've driven so i'm not sure if all 325 engines are like this but it has an annoying groaning sound when in low gear up to 2k revs. In start-stop city traffic its like there's a wheezing old man stowed in the engine bay.
I had been hoping for a few weeks now that the filter rumble you mentioned would be a good way of masking this noise?

I've looked at induction options but short of the 335 there doesn't look to be anything at all for the e92 diesels.. do you know if this is an option for my car?

ps. as some have already mentioned i'm also looking forward to a thread on your cosmetic mods if one goes up.
Appreciate 0