E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMD View Post
Update. Yes the car was loaded with 25.00.03

When this is done, they use enabling codes which are on a DVD to turn features on - in my case, the VR. For some reason the code for my car (not sure it that means all 06 330s or my actual individual car) was not on the DVD so they have to get an overnight download.
This is what happened:

SUBJECT
CCC: Enabling Code (FSC) Required for Voice Recognition System

MODEL
E90, E91, E92, E93 (3 Series) with CCC Navigation (SA 609)

E60, E61 (5 Series) with CCC Navigation (SA 609)

E63, E64 (6 Series)

E70 (X5) with CCC Navigation (SA 609)

Vehicles produced up to March 2007

SITUATION

Progman V25.00.00 or higher prompts the importing of an enabling code during programming.

Loss of Voice Recognition System (SVS SA 620) functions after programming with Progman V25.00.00 or higher.

CAUSE
Enabling codes (FSC) make it possible to link special functions to a vehicle. Without these enabling codes these functions will not operate. In this specific case, the enabling codes must be imported any time the Car Communication Computer (CCC) is programmed in order to ensure that SVS is functioning properly. If the enabling codes are not imported during the programming procedure, the SVS function will not be available.

PROCEDURE

A special DVD (labeled "FSC" V 1.0) is supplied together with the Progman V25 DVD set. The enabling codes contained on this DVD are for all vehicles with CCC and SVS.

After Progman has been installed on the SSS, place the FSC DVD into the DVD drive and leave it there. This will ensure that the enabling codes are available for every Progman session as needed.

Refer to the "Procedure" attachment which outlines the procedure on how to import the enabling codes with the SSS.

If an enabling code is not provided following this procedure, refer to the "Parts" information attached to this service information