View Single Post
      03-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #30
Scoot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 992 C2s Crayon / Golf R 7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
Looks good Scott, we swapped my old mans 730d sport for an F11 in dark grey with oyster a few weeks back and I have been driving it a fair bit, he hasn't got HUD or VDC on his but I still love it, and think I might get myself one.

The engine just makes sense for that car.

The 535d is just too expensive now, I got to £61,000 speccing one with everything I wanted, no everything I classed as essential, it was £65,000 with everything I wanted, which is just barmy.

His car is currently averaging 44mpg, he got 47mpg from his last tank and the worst he has seen is 39mpg round town on a new tank, ended at 44mpg again though.
He is getting 530-620 miles for a sub £80 fill up, which just can't be knocked.
Hi Guy,

I did a near 150 miles round trip today and the car averaged 43.2mpg which was virtually all on b roads.

The VDC is very very impressive and seems to be well worth the extra £££ but for some reason I think I would skip HUD and save the cash. This might be down to the fact in the 535d you build speed so fast it's handy seeing the screen in front of you so you can quickly make sure you're not going to lose your license. I hvent yet really tried with the nav so I might change my mind

It's such nice place to be in and IMO much better than the E350 CDI I had even though I thought that was a big step up over the E60 5 series.

Very happy with it.
Appreciate 0