12-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTempoLimitN54 View Post
Thanks for the info and photos Dackelone...

MTF-LT-5 is Pentosin FFL-3, and is specified by ZF for the GS6-45BZ, but not for the GS6-53BZ.

Now that I'm mentioning that, ZF recommends MTF-LT 1, 2 and 3 for the GS6-53BZ, depending on the label on the transmission.

Now I'm starting to wonder if the LT-3 is just for fuel efficiency alone. I'm going to look up the oil spec for the E9x M3 6MT.

Red Line D6 ATF seems to be the closest match in their products for MTF-LT-3. The only info I have on viscosity of the LT-3 is that Virigin Oil Analysis that one guy on BITOG did. According to that VOA the viscosity was 6.1 cSt at 100ºC, a very close match for Red Line D6 ATF at 6.4 cSt.

What really gets my attention is when you say that it shifts MUCH smoother.

You should try the Redline ATF D4 or D6 in your trans. It really makes the shifting effort MUCH smoother and with less effort. Many 1Addicts have switched over... and have reported positive results as well.

Also interesting is how almost every 1M over has reported when they have changed their trans fluid at 2K miles... the shifter shifted MUCH smoother with the MTF-LT-5. There was some confusion when the 1M came out whether to change the trans fluid or not. Most techs drained the trans fluid only to find out BMW NA did not stock the MTF-LT-5 fluid. So first they did change it, then BMW NA put out a TSB saying NOT to change it at the first 2K mile service. BMW says to change the fluid at 45K miles or the third oil change. But most 1M owners have changed their trans fluid along with the engine oil and diff fluid at 2K mile - first service. IF it works on a 1M it will work on the AG cars as well.

The Best oil is Fresh oil. I do not believe in BMW Lifetime fluids at all!!
Appreciate 0