grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
There's a new sponsor on E90post, Performing Imports, that offers a software rewrite that is read by the dealer as BMW software. It's a new offering, so I am not aware of anyone that has used it yet. It was written by a tuner in Germany, so presumably is the real deal.
This is interesting. I wonder if it's a euro map being sold in the US or if it's a map written specifically for US cars, our fuel, emissions hardware, etc...

That place is only a few hours from where I live. Although as race team employee I take major issue with their statement here:

Quote:
Here at Performing Imports we do High Performance the right way. There is a BIG difference between building a race or track car and a High Performance street car. A track car or Race car is build for a very specific purpose and used only for that purpose. Also, race cars are used for one single race, then taken back to the shop and torn down and rebuild, so race parts do not have to meet a very high standard of quality because they only need to last for one race. The same is pretty much true for track cars.
To say that race car parts aren't built to high quality standard is asinine. If you were to say things like noise during operation, cosmetic appearance, etc... were not to the standard of an OEM I would agree. I mean who really wants brakes on their street car that stop incredibly well but, sound like nails down a chalkboard, or a transmission that howls like a werewolf. That said I guarantee the connecting rods, valve springs, dampeners, brakes, etc... that we use are all built to a much higher standard of performance/quality than anything he's ever bolted onto a street car.

Last edited by hotrod2448; 07-20-2011 at 04:33 PM..
Appreciate 0