View Single Post
      02-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #28
ade146
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d sport auto

I mostly agree with all the above comments and as I said they are sensitive to tyres, pressures and geo. Having said that I do love my car and Im not trying to run it down. Most Audis/VW (mk5 golf excepted) group cars leave me cold in the dynamics side of it. BMW are pretty good for steering feel unless you have come from a Porsche. I still believe in RWD and if you want that there isnt too much choice.

Try some tyres on your SI as it does make a difference or the other thing I have is spacers on the rear coupled with non rfts and some toe in on the front. I agree the steering weight is on the light side and not easily solved. Dont forget when you make them too stable they understeer and you do see some people complaining of that. They are really german cortinas and compared to the competition are pretty good. Try a sporty merc with a slush box. Yuk. Audis look good and go straight on at every corner, yuk. I have had 3 golf gti`s of various eras and not kept one longer than six months I didnt rate any of them, culminating in the mk4 which was awful imho. The mk5 was a big attempt by VW to impress drivers and it was a good car.
btw I dont think the si that Ive looked at had anything different suspension wise. I know the engines are hand built and trouble and obviously the wheels but the shocks at least look std.
Appreciate 0