cvicious
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMcCo View Post
Thankfully, the process is much simpler than that DIY.

The file that is available on the torrents, once download is completed, will contain 1 folder (called pkgdb) and a file called config.nfm

I simply copied that folder and file onto a formatted (fat32 in my case) 32gb flash drive.

In terms of installation, I inserted the USB drive into the glovebox USB port and powered up the car (accessory mode or car start). I did accessory mode, but turned off climate fan/angel eyes and auto headlights to minimize battery drain.

Once the Nav has booted, a screen will pop up telling you a navigation update is available and asks if you want to upgrade. Hit 'yes' and it will prompt you for the FSC code. Once a valid code is entered, it will transfer the upgrade files to the hard drive (took me about 30 minutes - so much faster than the DVD's!). After the upgrade, it will ask you to reboot the system. Hit OK and your CiC goes dark and boots back up with the applied Nav update.

If for any reason the process is interrupted, it will pick up where you left off next time you power it up. No need to enter the FSC code more than once.

Hope that helps.
Thank you for that detail.

Wasn't aware I needed to copy those two items directly to the root. They were already housed in BMW_CIC_NAVIGATION_NORTH_AMERICA_2013 folder which I assumed was ok to transfer directly to the root of the USB...but unfortunately the car wasn't reading it.

Copied both to the root and am now heading back out to try again...
Appreciate 0