05-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #11
SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz335i View Post
First of all I just want to say is that the comment about DCT just being another auto is laughable and shows to me that they haven't driven one.

Comparing an M3 to a 135i is a tricky one, if you just want to race one in a straight line then you will win over 1/4 mile, not by a lot, but a significant amount more with a tune (referring back to the 12.7 last month at the pod, M3 would be around 13.3). You have a 240kg weight advantage which will be telling.

Put some bends in then no chance, M3 is a track ready car, with a very nice soundtrack.
For me, modding is addictive, so if you're into that, then get the 135i. The only thing that needs changing on the M3 would possibly be a upgrade to an aftermarket exhaust. I've never tried an M3 with DCT but I can imagine that it would be awesome.
I have a rule, that I never go to test drive a car that might make me disappointed with mine, unless I've got the money in my pocket to buy it.
Agree 100%. Especially the last paragraph. There's no better way to make yourself dissatisfied with what you already have than test driving something newer and better.
Appreciate 0