09-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #13
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG View Post
You guys are funny... Comparing an M3 to a diesel lol. 35d is a quick and economical 3 no doubt, but the E90 M3 is a legendary all-in-one sport machine. Just because some can't afford one, or can't afford filling it up, trying to convince yourself that you made a right decision purchasing or owning the diesel. Don't make the clowns out of yourselves comparing the two. I for one regret buying the diesel big time. For the money I spend I could have and wanted to get the E90 M3, but I live in Montreal and our winters and roads are extreme. That's why my next car will be the 2015 X5M 4.4l V8.
Before you start calling everyone "clowns" I think you are missing the point of this thread which was to point out the comparisons being made on the M3 forum as well as the defensive behavior being exhibited by some of the owners. I do not think anyone here is claiming the 335d is a better car persay, to the contrary. Can a comparison be made between the two cars, of course! I compared and contrasted the differences when making my purchase decision.

Everyone here knows or is familiar with the M3; in fact one of the posters above owed one - you cannot find someone better to comment on the differences. The M3 is a great car by any measure, but it is a track car and without a doubt it serves this purpose better than the diesel.

While you might be unsatisfied with your purchase decision, most here are not. I had a choice between many torquey V8 power super sedans. I considered buying an M3, but I found it to be rather boring to drive around town. It has no torque so to get any excitment the car needs to be pushed to its limits, which is not practical to do every day. On the other hand the 335d is without question the better and more fun to drive daily driver IMO -- certain caviats apply i.e. personal preferenaces for a manual transmission vs automatic etc. I consider the 335d one of the best all-around sports sedans on the market.

Last edited by cssnms; 09-13-2012 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 0