View Single Post
      06-29-2021, 04:34 PM   #8
Alturiak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alturiak View Post
Nice, I was just looking at that style adapter last night. Great minds think alike! Did you run yours to PT1 as well? I'm under the impression PT1 is for the boost pressure and PT2 is for the reference (atmosphere) pressure.

So I believe I have all the connections mapped out, and want to run them by you in case I've missed something or misunderstood something. Most of this is from talking with Split Second for the proper inputs to use, but so far I have this:

BATT+ (Red, 18ga) wire to 12V switched large red wire in black connector at back of DME box
BATT- (Black, 18ga) wire to chassis ground (shock tower acceptable)
SIG GND (Black/Yellow, 20ga) ECU signal ground wire to TMAP ground (black/yellow wire, opposite postion of yellow signal wire)
TACH (Yellow/Black, 20ga) engine speed signal wire to Dark Gray/Black wire in DME box (small textured wire that extends through DME box)
VIN (Green, 20ga) external voltage input wire to TMAP sensor signal wire (yellow wire on sensor harness, opposite black/yellow ground connection)
AFR (Yellow, 20ga) External AFR meter wire to ethanol analyzer
PT1 run hose to meth bung adapter on charge pipe for engine boost pressure
PT2 leave open to atmosphere for reference pressure

NOT USED:
IAT (Gray, 20ga) Air temp sensor
MAP SW (Brown, 20ga) Switch to ground to select table B
RELAY (Orange, 20ga) Low side of relay coil
INJ+ (2) (Red, 20ga) Injector plug positive (B+)
INJ- (DR1) (Tan, 20ga) Injector plug negative (driver 1)
INJ- (DR2) (Tan/Black, 20ga) Injector plug negative (driver 2)
Just got word from Split Second about the pressure connections. You are to use either the 5V signal from the TMAP sensor OR a pressure signal from the charge pipe. I asked him which is better and he recommended going with the charge pipe pressure signal hooked up to PT1. I'd also prefer this as it's one less electrical connection and Posi-Tap that I have to worry about. That being said, the wiring setup is changed as follows:

BATT+ (Red, 18ga) wire to 12V switched large red wire in black connector at back of DME box
BATT- (Black, 18ga) wire to chassis ground (shock tower acceptable)
SIG GND (Black/Yellow, 20ga) ECU signal ground wire to TMAP ground (black/yellow wire, opposite postion of yellow signal wire)
TACH (Yellow/Black, 20ga) engine speed signal wire to Dark Gray/Black wire in DME box (small textured wire that extends through DME box)
AFR (Yellow, 20ga) External AFR meter wire to ethanol analyzer
PT1 run hose to meth bung adapter on charge pipe for engine boost pressure
PT2 leave open to atmosphere for reference pressure

NOT USED:
VIN (Green, 20ga) external voltage input
IAT (Gray, 20ga) Air temp sensor
MAP SW (Brown, 20ga) Switch to ground to select table B
RELAY (Orange, 20ga) Low side of relay coil
INJ+ (2) (Red, 20ga) Injector plug positive (B+)
INJ- (DR1) (Tan, 20ga) Injector plug negative (driver 1)
INJ- (DR2) (Tan/Black, 20ga) Injector plug negative (driver 2)[/QUOTE]
2011 E92 M-Sport BSM, Built N55 with 9.5:1 compression and forged internals, VAC Stage 3 Ported Head, custom tuned by Twisted Tuning, PR Coils, Pure Stage 2, Fuel It! Phoenix Race PI Manifold, StopTech BBK 380mm front 345mm rear, BBS CH-R Titanium, Dinan exhaust w/black tips, BMS Intake, DCT shifter retrofit, VRSF 3.5" downpipe, VRSF 7" HD IC, CSL CF trunk, 335is Rear Diffusor, Alpina B3 Trans Flash
Appreciate 0