E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > removing motor

09-25-2017, 09:00 PM   #1
Hawaiian340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i

removing motor

Hi All, I'm in the process of changing out motors. I'm doing it by removing the front end assembly. I have almost all out, except the A/C condenser,the bumper support and the radiator support bar.
My question is can i take off my A/C condenser without leaking the system. I need the condenser off or out of the way so i can go ahead and remove remaining pieces. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 10:56 PM   #2
floydarogers
Curmudgeon and Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian 335i View Post
Hi All, I'm in the process of changing out motors. I'm doing it by removing the front end assembly. I have almost all out, except the A/C condenser,the bumper support and the radiator support bar.
My question is can i take off my A/C condenser without leaking the system. I need the condenser off or out of the way so i can go ahead and remove remaining pieces. Thanks
You're going to lose your a/c refrigerant, unless you leave the compressor in the motor bay (with the condenser); not sure that's really a good option.

Really should evacuate the system and remove the condenser.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 03:58 AM   #3
Hawaiian340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
You're going to lose your a/c refrigerant, unless you leave the compressor in the motor bay (with the condenser); not sure that's really a good option.

Really should evacuate the system and remove the condenser.
Yeah i'm trying to leave all A/C components attached so i dont have to evacuate the system. The condenser is on the support bar which i'm trying to take off. Thanks for the reply
Appreciate 0