E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Remove CCC-ANT & CCC-ASK, from ISTA errors

05-21-2024, 03:08 PM   #1
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Convertible 2007 335

Remove CCC-ANT & CCC-ASK, from ISTA errors

I retrofitted my CCC to CIC in my e93 a couple of years ago. I have always had an intermittent issue where modules wake up and kill my battery. I have never ben able to figure it out yet but I did notice that my Logic7 amp will stay running sometimes after shutdown. I also have always had the errors for CCC-ANT and CCC-ASK when doing a vehicle test in ISTA+. I wonder of the car is "looking" for these modules and that is causing me trouble. I also lost navigation when the unit was swapped into my car from the 2009 it came from. I had a Chinese module to trick the NAV and it worked, but I then wondered if that caused the power drain so I removed it and never put it back in. I updated the date of my car to either 09/09 or xx/11 a while back. I read I may need to update the I-level of my car so the car doesn't expect me to have a CCC system. The CIC does show up as well, I just have both in ISTA and the CCC ones have red error codes of course. I honestly don't have any reason to think the iDrive is the cause but I gotta start somewhere it is has always had errors from missing CCC components.

I would really appreciate any guidance to coding my I-level. The current levels I read in Tool32 were "I_STUFF_WERK = E89X-07-09-518" & "I_STUFF_HO =E89X-10-12-503", the HO backup was 0.
I want to try and eliminate anything causing errors and hope to figure out what is causing my car to wake up. I went into ISTA and couldn't find anything describing what caused the errors. I know there is a "energy diagnostics" menu in ISTA but I couldn't find anything pointing me to a cause in that area. I may be missing something as well. I have tried using an ammeter and monitoring things as a bypassed the MOST loop for different radio/amp modules and that lead me trying to swap the Logic7 amp, and leave my retrofitted combox unplugged, but that was not the actual cause because swapping those did'n't stop the issue from coming back. I am at my wits end with this. I carry a jump pack and use it every other day.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 04:23 PM   #2
TiAgAu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEQuest View Post
I retrofitted my CCC to CIC in my e93 a couple of years ago. I have always had an intermittent issue where modules wake up and kill my battery. I have never ben able to figure it out yet but I did notice that my Logic7 amp will stay running sometimes after shutdown. I also have always had the errors for CCC-ANT and CCC-ASK when doing a vehicle test in ISTA+. I wonder of the car is "looking" for these modules and that is causing me trouble. I also lost navigation when the unit was swapped into my car from the 2009 it came from. I had a Chinese module to trick the NAV and it worked, but I then wondered if that caused the power drain so I removed it and never put it back in. I updated the date of my car to either 09/09 or xx/11 a while back. I read I may need to update the I-level of my car so the car doesn't expect me to have a CCC system. The CIC does show up as well, I just have both in ISTA and the CCC ones have red error codes of course. I honestly don't have any reason to think the iDrive is the cause but I gotta start somewhere it is has always had errors from missing CCC components.

I would really appreciate any guidance to coding my I-level. The current levels I read in Tool32 were "I_STUFF_WERK = E89X-07-09-518" & "I_STUFF_HO =E89X-10-12-503", the HO backup was 0.
I want to try and eliminate anything causing errors and hope to figure out what is causing my car to wake up. I went into ISTA and couldn't find anything describing what caused the errors. I know there is a "energy diagnostics" menu in ISTA but I couldn't find anything pointing me to a cause in that area. I may be missing something as well. I have tried using an ammeter and monitoring things as a bypassed the MOST loop for different radio/amp modules and that lead me trying to swap the Logic7 amp, and leave my retrofitted combox unplugged, but that was not the actual cause because swapping those did'n't stop the issue from coming back. I am at my wits end with this. I carry a jump pack and use it every other day.
Have you tested voltage over fuses while door latch is switch/car asleep? My similar issue was indeed the CIC fuse but it was not the retrofit coding, it was the because of the reverse cam emulator which was wired directly to constant 12volt not Accessory.

To remove CCC ANT and CCC ASK error: Look at this thread below particularly post 9. It involves removing $609 from you VO so you wont have that error which also seem to cause ista most reset at start up etc.. No issues doing so been a couple of years now. No dont need to add $609 back to VO for coding either CIC is in the list. www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1680987 Props to SaNGRia

Hope this helps.

Last edited by TiAgAu; 05-21-2024 at 04:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 04:39 PM   #3
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep

So you removed the $609? I thought I needed the $609 for CIC and I removed the $606 for CCC. I also heard I need to remove $644 for the ULF and $6AL or something like that for another removed module.

I really need a reverse cam. I put one in my trunk handle 2 years ago and never found a way to wire it into the CIC. I got busy with other stuff and forgot half what I learned about coding. I also got spoiled with using the ProTools app for common things like injector coding, modifying the speed I can use my convertible roof at, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 04:52 PM   #4
TiAgAu
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So you removed the $609? I thought I needed the $609 for CIC and I removed the $606 for CCC. I also heard I need to remove $644 for the ULF and $6AL or something like that for another removed module.

I really need a reverse cam. I put one in my trunk handle 2 years ago and never found a way to wire it into the CIC. I got busy with other stuff and forgot half what I learned about coding. I also got spoiled with using the ProTools app for common things like injector coding, modifying the speed I can use my convertible roof at, etc.
Indeed remove $609 save the new FA/VO to CAS and FRM (NFRM) using FA_WRITE.

In my case CIC is still there to code if need be.

Yeah do the Reverse cam. Game changer! haha

Last edited by TiAgAu; 05-21-2024 at 04:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 05:27 PM   #5
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep

I will do that.

(1) Shouldn't I remove other $6XX that relate to the MULF and TCU since I now have the combox retrofitted? That was the main VO things I thought I should remove. I am not sure which VO codes they are. I also can't remember how to do that in NCS Expert. Not sure if I can do VO codes directly in ProTools.

(2) How did you get the camera wired up to your CIC unit? I bought some module a while back but I never cold get it to actually work.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 05:37 PM   #6
TiAgAu
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I will do that.

(1) Shouldn't I remove other $6XX that relate to the MULF and TCU since I now have the combox retrofitted? That was the main VO things I thought I should remove. I am not sure which VO codes they are. I also can't remember how to do that in NCS Expert. Not sure if I can do VO codes directly in ProTools.

(2) How did you get the camera wired up to your CIC unit? I bought some module a while back but I never cold get it to actually work.
1. I dont know what you have done. But did you have you already have Bluetooth phone calling via TCU ($639)
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 05:44 PM   #7
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep

Yes, the car came with a CCC with phone. I removed that and installed a CIC and a combox module. I rewired the combox to take the place of the MULF and TCU and removed them from the car. So now I have the CIC working with phone and music. All of it works except the navigation is greyed out but I want to remove any reference to the old CCC modules. I was told they way to do that as by updating my "I-level" so the car thinks it is too new to have a CCC.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 05:53 PM   #8
TiAgAu
Lieutenant
Rep

For combox coding
Did you remove $639 and add $644?

This is basically what i did.

Because i wanted 6FL USB center console.
Build date #0311 added $6NR $6VC $6FL (Removed $639 added $644). Save the new FA/VO to CAS and FRM (NFRM) using FA_WRITE. Then run SG_CODIEREN on KOMBI, MEDIA and on CIC.

$6VC (Combox)
$6FL (Port USB/Audio)
$6NR (BMW APPS)
$6NF (Smartphone integration)
You will need FSC code to activate the 6NR option
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 06:20 PM   #9
TiAgAu
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes, the car came with a CCC with phone. I removed that and installed a CIC and a combox module. I rewired the combox to take the place of the MULF and TCU and removed them from the car. So now I have the CIC working with phone and music. All of it works except the navigation is greyed out but I want to remove any reference to the old CCC modules. I was told they way to do that as by updating my "I-level" so the car thinks it is too new to have a CCC.
As in the i link posted above Updating i-level required updating modules FRM and JBE if that doesn't work you need to upgrade FRM2 and JBE2 modules to FRM3 and JBE3. This is why removing the $609 is a better option.

I'll get back to you with regards rev cam wiring. Do you have this emulator aswell? eg: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000264493189.html?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 09:15 PM   #10
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep

Thanks, I am going to try and do those VO edits and see if they stay and then take a look in ISTA+ to see if the CCC faults (and sections) have disappeared.

As for the camera thing, that looks like one I bought a while back and have to see if I can find. I also bought a separate one that did the nav fix. Not sure if I can use both at the same time. When i did connect the camera one I had a powered camera sitting on the front seat and could not get the screen to even attempt to switch to it. Did you do any other coding or wiring? If I remember right mine came with no instructions at all.

I think I see a problem. I DON'T have PDC and I read you have to have that for the camera to work. I even bought a PDC module but connecting it seemed to be a pain having to make a harness and drill holes to add sensors, etc., etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 11:42 PM   #11
TiAgAu
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I am going to try and do those VO edits and see if they stay and then take a look in ISTA+ to see if the CCC faults (and sections) have disappeared.

As for the camera thing, that looks like one I bought a while back and have to see if I can find. I also bought a separate one that did the nav fix. Not sure if I can use both at the same time. When i did connect the camera one I had a powered camera sitting on the front seat and could not get the screen to even attempt to switch to it. Did you do any other coding or wiring? If I remember right mine came with no instructions at all.

I think I see a problem. I DON'T have PDC and I read you have to have that for the camera to work. I even bought a PDC module but connecting it seemed to be a pain having to make a harness and drill holes to add sensors, etc., etc.
Do you know what version firmware is on the CIC? Or what year car did it come from? 2012+ should have C1A firmware.

I read about PDC issue i dont think it's a problem and others have got it working without. Does your reverse cam emulator come with the dodgy quadlock connector?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 09:32 AM   #12
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep

I am still trying to drill down to my battery drain issue first. I found that my "radio" was waking the car up 38 times last night. I think it is still searching for CCC modules like the MULF and TCU I removed. Maybe other stuff too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 01:19 PM   #13
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep

OK, I had a serious issue but fix it. I removed the $609 using Protools and it asked to write to the CAS and the FRM as usual. It also asked if I wanted to code several other modules with the removal of $609. I did that and the resolution of the CIC was way off zoomed into about 20% of the screen. I also could not communicate with ISTA+ and got red boxes (no communication) on all the modules. I went back and factory coded the car again and got back to the iDrive working normally but still had the red boxes for CCC-ANT and CCC-ASK as I had before, but all was working like before. Then I went back and removed $609 again, but this time I ONLY let it write to the CAS and FRM and it worked. The iDrive works fine again, BUT now when I go into ISTA+ the CCC boxes are gone. The car doesn't think it has CCC anymore but of course finds the CIC. I still have the battery drain issue and it was ad last night. That is good because I was able to see all those times the "radio" had woken up the car. The problem is I STILL have the car waking up constantly. It seemed to stop doing it last night after the battery was 100% charged. It is doing it right now after removal of $609. So that means that even though I am glad I cleaned up the CCC issue, I still have something telling the radio to wake the car constantly. Either that or the CIC has in internal fault and tells itself to wake up. I am going to try and see where the CIC gets turn on/off power from. Should be the JBE but I want to monitor and see if i can tell if the JBE is sending power when it shouldn't.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 05:36 PM   #14
TiAgAu
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
OK, I had a serious issue but fix it. I removed the $609 using Protools and it asked to write to the CAS and the FRM as usual. It also asked if I wanted to code several other modules with the removal of $609. I did that and the resolution of the CIC was way off zoomed into about 20% of the screen. I also could not communicate with ISTA+ and got red boxes (no communication) on all the modules. I went back and factory coded the car again and got back to the iDrive working normally but still had the red boxes for CCC-ANT and CCC-ASK as I had before, but all was working like before. Then I went back and removed $609 again, but this time I ONLY let it write to the CAS and FRM and it worked. The iDrive works fine again, BUT now when I go into ISTA+ the CCC boxes are gone. The car doesn't think it has CCC anymore but of course finds the CIC. I still have the battery drain issue and it was ad last night. That is good because I was able to see all those times the "radio" had woken up the car. The problem is I STILL have the car waking up constantly. It seemed to stop doing it last night after the battery was 100% charged. It is doing it right now after removal of $609. So that means that even though I am glad I cleaned up the CCC issue, I still have something telling the radio to wake the car constantly. Either that or the CIC has in internal fault and tells itself to wake up. I am going to try and see where the CIC gets turn on/off power from. Should be the JBE but I want to monitor and see if i can tell if the JBE is sending power when it shouldn't.
Well getting somewhere i guess. Is there anything external/aftermarket connected to the CIC? Android unit etc?

Hows the combox coding does it all work ok?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 06:27 PM   #15
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgAu View Post
Well getting somewhere i guess. Is there anything external/aftermarket connected to the CIC? Android unit etc?

Hows the combox coding does it all work ok?
Nothing aftermarket. I did it a while back and it works great. The coding was deleting and adding a few VO entries. Then you have to get buy a blank bmw male plug and move pins from the old MULF and TCU plugs to the one plug for the combox. There is a pin to pin guide I followed that worked perfectly. The battery drain is another issue. But I think it may be a bad CIC unit, just not sure yet. Tonight I plan to remove my glovebox and fuse panel to see if I have the problem with a loose/burnt battery connection at the back. Then I will be checking out the JBE and see if that looks bad or if it ever got wet, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2024, 12:13 AM   #16
TiAgAu
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Nothing aftermarket. I did it a while back and it works great. The coding was deleting and adding a few VO entries. Then you have to get buy a blank bmw male plug and move pins from the old MULF and TCU plugs to the one plug for the combox. There is a pin to pin guide I followed that worked perfectly. The battery drain is another issue. But I think it may be a bad CIC unit, just not sure yet. Tonight I plan to remove my glovebox and fuse panel to see if I have the problem with a loose/burnt battery connection at the back. Then I will be checking out the JBE and see if that looks bad or if it ever got wet, etc.
Let us know how you go. Did you have this battery drain before the combox? Might be worth checking the combox coding too. Check if $639 is there? Remove it and add $644. I'm sure the rest is done like build date and $6VC.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2024, 07:38 AM   #17
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep

The drain came way after the combox. I also disconnected it and the drain kept happening. I can't remember exactly the coding but I know I had to remove TCU + MULF and add combox. Right now I'm dedicated to finding out this power drain issue. I'm going take some time today and remove the fuse panel to see if I have that problem of the burnt positive wire at the back. I'm also going to open up my JBE box and look for any obvious overheating or moisture intrusion. It just occurred to me that it lies below the glove box and the cup holders so water could have even gotten in there at some point.

Last edited by JonEQuest; 05-23-2024 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2024, 02:03 PM   #18
brlight
Rep
Drives: BMW E91

Quote:
I read I may need to update the I-level of my car so the car doesn't expect me to have a CCC system.
If by I-Level update you mean (Just updating your modules to the lastest version) that wonŽt remove the CCC-ASK and CCC-ANT from the list of modules in ISTA-D.
IŽll just post here a solution from another user "SaNGRia", I personally did not tried it yet but it seems better than messing with I-Level.
Solution posted by user SaNGRia:
I have fixed the issue and cant tell you how happy I am. The forum member hypertech (cartechnology) suggested that if you remove the $609 from the order list car will see the CIC but not the CCC anymore in ISTA D and will not cause any problem.

I tried it. It worked immediately. No need to mess with iLevel Only the thing is VO does not show CIC module anymore but I do not needed.

I am in the process of retrofitting the PDC and Rear camera. So I tired adding the $609 to VO and FA Write CAS/FRM without default coding any module, CIC came to list immediately, SO whenever I need to code the CIC I will do that.

Another thing I noticed that because the MOST system was confused with CCC ASK not being there, when the radio is running if I lock the doors, The radio was turning off and the speaker was making a weird short noise to cut the sound.

As soon as I removed the $609, MOST never countdown on ISTA D anymore then I realized everything working like it is used to. Then I tried to lock the doors while the radio on, Sound shut down smoothly like its used to.

If you wanna get rid off the CCC ANT/ASK just do this. No need to mess with iLevel #Cheers

Here is the screenshot :

And here is the 2 min ista Run (It was 10 min before correcting the issue due to missing module and MOST configuration)

Save

Credit to user SaNGRia

The issue regarding your Battery drain:
I had the same issue and my problem was that my MOST connection was not closed (Removed the CD changer and left the MOST connector open, without loop connector), after closing it (using a loop connector) I had no more issues with Battery drain, donŽt know if it is any help, but at least with me, that solved the problem.

Last edited by brlight; 05-23-2024 at 02:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2024, 04:02 PM   #19
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brlight View Post
If by I-Level update you mean (Just updating your modules to the lastest version) that wonŽt remove the CCC-ASK and CCC-ANT from the list of modules in ISTA-D.
IŽll just post here a solution from another user "SaNGRia", I personally did not tried it yet but it seems better than messing with I-Level.
Solution posted by user SaNGRia:
I have fixed the issue and cant tell you how happy I am. The forum member hypertech (cartechnology) suggested that if you remove the $609 from the order list car will see the CIC but not the CCC anymore in ISTA D and will not cause any problem.

I tried it. It worked immediately. No need to mess with iLevel Only the thing is VO does not show CIC module anymore but I do not needed.

I am in the process of retrofitting the PDC and Rear camera. So I tired adding the $609 to VO and FA Write CAS/FRM without default coding any module, CIC came to list immediately, SO whenever I need to code the CIC I will do that.

Another thing I noticed that because the MOST system was confused with CCC ASK not being there, when the radio is running if I lock the doors, The radio was turning off and the speaker was making a weird short noise to cut the sound.

As soon as I removed the $609, MOST never countdown on ISTA D anymore then I realized everything working like it is used to. Then I tried to lock the doors while the radio on, Sound shut down smoothly like its used to.

If you wanna get rid off the CCC ANT/ASK just do this. No need to mess with iLevel #Cheers

Here is the screenshot :

And here is the 2 min ista Run (It was 10 min before correcting the issue due to missing module and MOST configuration)

Save

Credit to user SaNGRia

The issue regarding your Battery drain:
I had the same issue and my problem was that my MOST connection was not closed (Removed the CD changer and left the MOST connector open, without loop connector), after closing it (using a loop connector) I had no more issues with Battery drain, donŽt know if it is any help, but at least with me, that solved the problem.
Yes, that is what I ended up doing. Removing #609 from all modules caused big problems so I simply added it again, then removed it ONLY from CAS and NFRM and that worked. So now the CCC boxes are gone and I have all green modules. BUT I have an underlying problem of a battery drain issue that I can't nail down. So I was trying to at least eliminate any wonky things going on with my car first. Now that I have done that I STILL have the battery drain. ISTA+ showed it was my RAD2 waking up 38 times in one night. I at least I know it isn't the car looking for CCC modules. I suspect it is either a bad JBE module turning on the RAD2 (radio) or it may be a defective CIC or associated unit.
Appreciate 0