E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Debt Limit

07-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #155
number335
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 Coupe

During the Bush era, my company laid off over 200 people and had pay freezes for the FIRST time in 30 years of being in business. We started hiring again and have increase wages over the past 2 years. Yes, unemployment is still high, but what do you suggest Obama do? Force corporations to stop off-shoring jobs? Force corporations to stop using technology and use manual/human labor? Spend more to create government jobs? Recruit people into the military? Provide tax breaks for corporations that already don't pay taxes? I haven't heard a good solution yet on how Obama can directly create jobs. Some of you have unrealistic expectations on how quickly the mess we are in can be fixed.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #156
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Dont' worry, you can't get graded on these posts, so don't worry about your 6th grade history teacher failing you again.
i died laughing
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #157
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States

Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

Alright, I took 6th grade history two years ago so I know for a fact I earned an A in that class.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #158
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
Alright, I took 6th grade history two years ago so I know for a fact I earned an A in that class.
obviously not...
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #159
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States

But in all seriousness Obama's spending of the equivalent of more than was spent on WW2 doesn't justify the fact that he.... Whatever he did. (stopped unemployment from hitting 20%?)
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #160
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
But in all seriousness Obama's spending of the equivalent of more than was spent on WW2 doesn't justify the fact that he.... Whatever he did. (stopped unemployment from hitting 20%?)
You keep throwing-out these Fox News talking points, but you're not making any sense, nor do you have any substance behind these words. What is Obama exactly spending money on, other than the normal govt budget? Years ago there was the stimulus, which worked incredibly well, since the US auto industry was saved, and is now healthy, saving millions of American jobs. This is why flip-flop Romney was booed when he went to Detroit. And much of the stimulus loans have been paid back with interest. You clearly don't know what you're saying.

Why don't I hear any complaints about Bush's incredible spending and growth of govt for starting 2 massive decade-long wars, the dept of homeland security, and sending everybody in america a check, twice, all of which wasn't paid for?

As has been repeatedly said, TARP was Bush. So what the hell are you talking about Obama's spending? And comparing today's budgets to a budget from 65 years ago is just stupid. I mean, the new Harry Potter movie grossed more on it's weekday opening than the total revenue of Gone With the Wind, so f-ing what?

Go look at the recession during Reagan's first term, and then tell me that this recession is any different. I don't know it for a fact, but you act exactly like a spoiled little rich kid, whose business-owning parents despise democrats, so you've been raised on the altar of the right-wing, no?

And by the way, ".... Whatever he did" has been spelled out in this thread about a dozen times, so you can drop the "people say he did something but I'll be damned if I can figure it out" act.

Last edited by ScotchAndCigar; 07-16-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #161
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States

You want indisputable facts? Obama wants to increase spending and raise taxes. That's his solution for all our troubles. You know Europe went down this path and failed? Now they're turning to conservative policy because they know the high taxes and spending don't work. You keep going back to Bush and the repubs thinking americans like them too. No, they're just not as bad as democrats and know what the democrats are doing is ruining this nation, that's why we got 70 house seats last November.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #162
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States

Quote:
You want indisputable facts? Obama wants to increase spending and raise taxes. That's his solution for all our troubles.
Perhaps you should lookup the word fact, what you keep providing is simply a view into your own bias. Any sentence containing the phrases "Obama wants", "Obama thinks", "Obama would like to" is, by definition, not a fact.
Quote:
You know Europe went down this path and failed? Now they're turning to conservative policy because they know the high taxes and spending don't work. You keep going back to Bush and the repubs thinking americans like them too. No, they're just not as bad as democrats and know what the democrats are doing is ruining this nation, that's why we got 70 house seats last November.
Yes, and in 2006, democrats won every contest for the same exact reason. You need to stop thinking that the history of the world started a few years ago. Whenever there's a recession, people vote out those in power. There's no inherently better way of governing, otherwise we'd all just do whatever the Clinton administration did, right?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #163
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Quote:
You want indisputable facts? Obama wants to increase spending and raise taxes. That's his solution for all our troubles.
Perhaps you should lookup the word fact, what you keep providing is simply a view into your own bias. Any sentence containing the phrases "Obama wants", "Obama thinks", "Obama would like to" is, by definition, not a fact.
Quote:
You know Europe went down this path and failed? Now they're turning to conservative policy because they know the high taxes and spending don't work. You keep going back to Bush and the repubs thinking americans like them too. No, they're just not as bad as democrats and know what the democrats are doing is ruining this nation, that's why we got 70 house seats last November.
Yes, and in 2006, democrats won every contest for the same exact reason. You need to stop thinking that the history of the world started a few years ago. Whenever there's a recession, people vote out those in power. There's no inherently better way of governing, otherwise we'd all just do whatever the Clinton administration did, right?
Ok fine, Obama's PUSHING for higher taxes and more spending.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #164
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States

Quote:
Ok, then - higher taxes and more spending on what?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #165
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States

Here's an example of actual facts, which should end this idiotic propaganda assault once and for all, happy reading!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_538556.html
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #166
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Here's an example of actual facts, which should end this idiotic propaganda assault once and for all, happy reading!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_538556.html
Haha, written by an uber-liberal newspaper. Yea they're paying less taxes, because their incomes got smaller.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 01:22 AM   #167
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States

Quote:
Haha, written by an uber-liberal newspaper. Yea they're paying less taxes, because their incomes got smaller.
You're really not qualified to debate. It's not an opinion piece, it's a report. Go lookup their facts and references anywhere. You also display a lack of understanding of what "tax rate" means.

Those are the facts. I'm done debating with the uninformed.

Last edited by ScotchAndCigar; 07-18-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #168
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
... You keep going back to Bush and the repubs thinking americans like them too. No, they're just not as bad as democrats and know what the democrats are doing is ruining this nation, that's why we got 70 house seats last November.

We'll stop going back to Bush and the Republican "Don't Tax and Spend Even More" policies that have put us in the economic mess we are in the minute you invent a time machine, and go back and stop them from doing it.

We'll keep going back to the FACTUAL historic record every time you guys pretend it never happened.

The Republican political election strategy of unilaterally blocking raising the debt limit by unilaterally launching a political war (tying the vote to unrelated legislation) is failing.

"Republicans in Congress fare the worst, with just 21 percent backing their resistance to raising taxes...only 21 percent of the people surveyed said they approved of Republicans' handling of the negotiations, while 71 percent disapprove."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...50-503544.html

So don't be surprised when the "Vote the Bums Out" politics of House elections results in the Republican Bums being voted out in 2012.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #169
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States

Haha. I read that same poll too this morning, you forgot that only 31% support the democrats. Both are in the shitter because nothings getting done.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #170
11Series

Quote:
Haha. I read that same poll too this morning, you forgot that only 31% support the democrats. Both are in the shitter because nothings getting done.

Now you are starting to understand. The House will continue to whiplash between Republican Party and Democratic Party majorities as long as nothing gets done. The "Throw the Bums Out" works against whatever party holds the most seats.

In the 2012 elections, it is the Republicans who have the most seats to lose when the bums are thrown out.

You seem to think that 21% approval rate for Republicans, 71% disapproval for Republicans is fine, as long as only 10% more folks approve of the Democrats. Think again.

The math is simple. There are a few hundred seats that are solidly held by both parties, and are safe in 2012. There are also about 70-95 House swing seats that are in play in 2012. These seats have been flipping between both parties in the last few elections. Republicans currently hold the vast majority of these seats. If the voters throw the bums out, it will be Republicans who lose these seats as they flip yet again. Just like it was Democrats who lost these seats in 2010, and Republicans who lost them in 2008.

See how the "Throw the Bums Out" becomes a revolving door? Learn from history, especially when it repeats itself with such clear and regular patterns.

Last edited by 11Series; 07-18-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #171
11Series

Quote:
Again, you are factually wrong.

Obama is pushing for 3 Trillion in spending CUTS. Cuts are the opposite of "more spending".

The Republicans are only pushing for 2-2.5 Trillion in spending cuts. LESS spending cuts than President Obama. If you want spending cuts, why are you backing the guys who are pushing .5 to 1 Trillion LESS? You just sound silly saying Obama wants to increase spending, when he is pushing for .5 to 1 Trillion LESS spending than the guys you back.

And Obama isn't pushing for higher taxes as much as he's pushing for raising 1 Trillion in revenue by closing tax loopholes and cutting tax fraud. The Republicans are rejecting this, because they refuse to raise a single penny of revenue by closing tax loopholes.

Who was it that wanted to raise revenue by closing tax loopholes and cutting tax fraud? Oh yea, that was you:

Quote:
If you want tax revenue raised then do what even republicans want and that is to close loopholes and fraud that present themselves in the current tax code.

It is just hilarious that you bash Obama for actually trying to raise 1 Trillion in revenue EXACTLY the way you suggested yourself, but now that it is something that Obama is pushing, you are suddenly against it. You look pretty stupid. How can you continually and consistently be factually incorrect over and over in the same thread before you actually take the time to fact check your statements before posting?

Last edited by 11Series; 07-18-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #172
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States

Yea Obama's plan would lower the deficit by $4 trillion except that he'll also in the same time increase the deficit by increasing the debt ceiling. And if anyone should be afraid in 2012 it's Obama and the democrats. You have over 24 seats to protect in the senate whereas the republicans only have to protect eight. I for a fact know you'll lose Missouri to the republicans because Senator Claire McCaskil is very unpopular here. So you're already fighting an uphill battle. Obama's approval is 42-44% in almost every major poll and with numbers like that he's screwed too. With unemployment being 9.2% there's no way he'll get to be president again and the economy and unemployment dominate voters priorities.
Obama's plan was to cut $4 trillion and the republicans is the same but for $2 trillion because they don't want tax increases. Not everything everyone wants will get passed but I think that there will be some sort of debt ceiling raise that will be accompanied by a couple trillion in cuts. I know any easy way to cut $2 trillion off the bat though, repeal Obama's healthcare reform. That's something a lot of people want (look at its polls).
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #173
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States

Yes Obama's pushing for higher taxes, increase them to 39.6% for anyone making $250,000 . (then it'll be close to 50% for these people because of other taxes they have to pay like state and local, etc) My thoughts on this stupid number of $250,000 is that this salary is nothing. Maybe in small towns that's a lot but in cities like NY, Chicago and LA that can barely get you by. Why were rich people considered those making over $1 million during clintons years? It doesn't make sense that it's less now. I think taxes should be at the most 30% for the highest earners in order to keep government size in check. As you can see since the beginning of this decade big government = bad economy and country. And you can cite polls of people thinking taxes should be raised all you want, nothing is stopping them from paying higher taxes yet they do not. Hypocrites.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #174
11Series

Quote:
Yea Obama's plan would lower the deficit by $4 trillion except that he'll also in the same time increase the deficit by increasing the debt ceiling. ... Obama's plan was to cut $4 trillion and the republicans is the same but for $2 trillion because they don't want tax increases...
Why the "except" with President Obama's plan, and no "except" with the Republican plan? Are you under the mistaken impression that the Republican plan to increase the debt ceiling along with 2 Trillion in cuts doesn't include an increase in the debt ceiling? Are you that blind that you can't see your own double standard?

Pres Obama: Raise the debt ceiling and lower the deficit by 4 Trillion.
Republicans: Raise the debt ceiling and lower the deficit by 2 to 2.5 Trillion.

Obama cuts the deficit more. No "except" about it.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 11:36 PM   #175
Turkeybaster115
Banned

Drives: 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Why the "except" with President Obama's plan, and no "except" with the Republican plan? Are you under the mistaken impression that the Republican plan to increase the debt ceiling along with 2 Trillion in cuts doesn't include an increase in the debt ceiling? Are you that blind that you can't see your own double standard?

Pres Obama: Raise the debt ceiling and lower the deficit by 4 Trillion.
Republicans: Raise the debt ceiling and lower the deficit by 2 to 2.5 Trillion.

Obama cuts the deficit more. No "except" about it.
With this guy, your arguing with the fox news brainwash machine, whose job is to corral the idiots, and distract them from their painful realities. Our once great nation has fallen, and even God himself can't save us right now. I don't think there will ever be a second American resurgence, no matter what those in power do. So, let him write whatever anti-Obama stuff he wants. At least it'll make him feel better. Won't change his reality though.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 04:42 AM   #176
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 View Post
With this guy, your arguing with the fox news brainwash machine.
I think Angelin is a girl, and she's rich (Angelin is rich), and drives an X5M, which is a seriously expensive ride, especially if she's 18 yrs old (unless that was an inside joke, but I think not).
Appreciate 0