E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > C63 Black series uncovered?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #67
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
 
wisesoul's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Ca

Posts: 1,631
iTrader: (0)

The CLK 63 BS was perfect, except it couldn't rev match downshifts. Wonder if there was any software to change that. Thankfully the new BS still has that motor and we will be hearing pretty much the same noise, this time from trapezoidal tailpipes
__________________
Current: Alpine White F10 M5|H&R springs|12mm/10mm spacers|Eisenmann Race
Sold:Imola Yellow RS4-KW V3|MTM 10mm spacers|Hotchkis rear sway bar|APR Stage 1|Milltek Catless|RNS-E|Euro RS4 Flat bottom Steering Wheel
Sold:E46 323i
wisesoul is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2011, 03:31 AM   #68
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
 
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
If the CRT and GTS are any indication, I'm not holding my breath.

Hence why most real enthusiasts are jumping ship to MB. I'm waiting to test drive a C63 AMG with P31 Coupe before I jump into a new car. BMW does offer nice services like free traffic info in their GPS system.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #69
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: audi
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cali

Posts: 204
iTrader: (0)



Mprofiler is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #70
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mprofiler View Post
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #71
stickypaws
Dictator
 
stickypaws's Avatar
 
Drives: people crazy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: where you want to be

Posts: 1,817
iTrader: (0)

stickypaws is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #72
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: audi
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cali

Posts: 204
iTrader: (0)

Mprofiler is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 07:33 AM   #73
gonzo
Brigadier General
 
gonzo's Avatar
 
Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

Posts: 4,980
iTrader: (0)

^ Not a black car guy but would really like to see the track pkg car in black.

I love white cars but the track would just seem to be more at home in black. Paint wing frame black...

May be a silly question, stickypaws maybe can answer, but why was the CLK BS nearly 125K and this one starts at 90K. Surely the track pkg is not 35K??
Maybe it is. I still love it.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
gonzo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #74
CJ421
Brigadier General
 
CJ421's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

Posts: 3,253
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Holy crap!
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
CJ421 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #75
Garduna
Brigadier General
 
Garduna's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i Sedona Red
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,009
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
^ Not a black car guy but would really like to see the track pkg car in black.


I love white cars but the track would just seem to be more at home in black. Paint wing frame black...


May be a silly question, stickypaws maybe can answer, but why was the CLK BS nearly 125K and this one starts at 90K. Surely the track pkg is not 35K??

Maybe it is. I still love it.
God Damn I need that car now!!! Full sinister black please!!!

I think it had to do with the timing of the CLK BS. It was their 2nd black series car (slk came first i think, but it's more of the darkhorse since not many ppl know about it). At the time, the CLK BS was the only thing Benz had at that caliber of a car. Plus not too many were made. That all adding up, makes for the high price.
Garduna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #76
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 4,765
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
God Damn I need that car now!!! Full sinister black please!!!

I think it had to do with the timing of the CLK BS. It was their 2nd black series car (slk came first i think, but it's more of the darkhorse since not many ppl know about it). At the time, the CLK BS was the only thing Benz had at that caliber of a car. Plus not too many were made. That all adding up, makes for the high price.
But luckily AMG resale values still apply and you can therefore find good ones in the $70K+ range.
TK-421 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2011, 03:12 AM   #77
stickypaws
Dictator
 
stickypaws's Avatar
 
Drives: people crazy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: where you want to be

Posts: 1,817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
^ Not a black car guy but would really like to see the track pkg car in black.

I love white cars but the track would just seem to be more at home in black. Paint wing frame black...

May be a silly question, stickypaws maybe can answer, but why was the CLK BS nearly 125K and this one starts at 90K. Surely the track pkg is not 35K??
Maybe it is. I still love it.
The pricing is all speculation at the moment. There's not even an actual release date yet. The final production number will determine the pricing. And the numbers available will be limited. So any of the figures out there are just assumptions at the moment.

Also the interior you see in those photos won't be available here. Those seats don't have airbags and will not be available for the US market. Instead the seats will be special BS seats from the new C63 coupe that can be certified in the US.

All the stuff and the pics, etc., is based on the Euro version launch car and not what's going to be imported here. Everything, including options, will be announced eventually by MBUSA. Right now there's no real factual info available.

As far as the CLK pricing in the past, remember that even though it's based on the W202 and W203 platforms, it was still positioned as an E Class coupe in the product line and priced accordingly. So the CLK63 was an "E63 coupe" and the CLK63 BS was considered a "step up" from the regular AMG E Class. This new C63 Black is a C Class coupe without pretensions of being an E Class. Mercedes has now dropped the CLK name and instead uses "E Class coupe" (even though it's still based on the W204 platform, go figure.) In the end it's just about product placement and positioning (and profit margins.)

Gonzo, not sure where you got that $90k figure from. The UK press says around 100k pounds sterling. This car will not be selling for $90k that's for certain. But again the pricing is all speculation at the moment. And EVO even removed their article on request from Mercedes. Nothing will be known until much later. You can place an order with a dealer to try to get on a list but that's about it.
stickypaws is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #78
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: audi
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cali

Posts: 204
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Also the interior you see in those photos won't be available here. Those seats don't have airbags and will not be available for the US market. Instead the seats will be special BS seats from the new C63 coupe that can be certified in the US.

Do you know if they will offer different color choices for seats in NA? Or is just going to be black like other BS.

I think this car will definitely be less than the clkBS here, since that car in Germany was about 142k euros while this is about 115k euros. If they price it like a GT3 here, since a GT3 in Germany cost about 117k euros, then it could be around 110k base... but who knows, could be cheaper or more expensive.

Last edited by Mprofiler; 07-28-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Mprofiler is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #79
stickypaws
Dictator
 
stickypaws's Avatar
 
Drives: people crazy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: where you want to be

Posts: 1,817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mprofiler View Post
Do you know if they will offer different color choices for seats in NA? Or is just going to be black like other BS.

I think this car will definitely be less than the clkBS here, since that car in Germany was about 142k euros while this is about 115k euros. If they price it like a GT3 here, since a GT3 in Germany cost about 117k euros, then it could be around 110k base... but who knows, could be cheaper or more expensive.
The seats will be the C63 Coupe seats but with a different stitching and color matching seat belts. They may be offered in a duo color choice like the regular AMG coupe, but I'm not positive about that.

Pricing will be determined when the production numbers have been set. It's still up in the air. But when they release a BS car, there is only one model at a time to choose from so it's not like they are competing with themselves among all models like the regular AMGs. As an exclusive product with limited production they can obviously command a higher price than is dictated by the usual product positioning among models.

This will be the fourth BS car produced.

1) SLK55 Black Series: 120 units offered during a 9 month period (not available for the US market.)

2) CLK63 Black Series: 700 units offered during an 11 month period.

3) SL65 Black Series: 350 units offered during an 11 month period.

4) C63 Coupe Black Series: TBA
stickypaws is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #80
Garduna
Brigadier General
 
Garduna's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i Sedona Red
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,009
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
The seats will be the C63 Coupe seats but with a different stitching and color matching seat belts. They may be offered in a duo color choice like the regular AMG coupe, but I'm not positive about that.


Pricing will be determined when the production numbers have been set. It's still up in the air. But when they release a BS car, there is only one model at a time to choose from so it's not like they are competing with themselves among all models like the regular AMGs. As an exclusive product with limited production they can obviously command a higher price than is dictated by the usual product positioning among models.


This will be the fourth BS car produced.


1) SLK55 Black Series: 120 units offered during a 9 month period (not available for the US market.)


2) CLK63 Black Series: 700 units offered during an 11 month period.


3) SL65 Black Series: 350 units offered during an 11 month period.


4) C63 Coupe Black Series: TBA

Holy Smokes, only 350 units for the SL Black....that is quite a small number~!
Garduna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #81
Davin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335xi - 92 MB 300E
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Trinidad & Tobago / NYC

Posts: 1,701
iTrader: (0)

White one looks great!
Davin is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #82
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: audi
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cali

Posts: 204
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Pricing will be determined when the production numbers have been set. It's still up in the air. But when they release a BS car, there is only one model at a time to choose from so it's not like they are competing with themselves among all models like the regular AMGs. As an exclusive product with limited production they can obviously command a higher price than is dictated by the usual product positioning among models.
Yeah for sure. It's just that I doubt MBUSA will be charging higher than the clkBS since the C63BS is cheaper than the clkbs in Germany (when it was available). Alot cheaper in fact. The pricing of the c63BS is also suprisingly close to the GT3 in Germany, so maybe they are taking a look at the market situation. I think it could be a similar scenario for the U.S. or maybe even 911 GTS type pricing if we're lucky.

I hope we know soon enough.

Not BS related, sls on the ring:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=opKDob0GbDo

Last edited by Mprofiler; 07-28-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Mprofiler is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST