E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Tea Party

Closed Thread

08-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
Bird_Dr

Drives: 2011 LeMans 335i

Tea Party

For those opposed to the Tea Party, what is it about them that irks you so much? Please don't bring up the usual rhetoric, have your own thoughts.
Bird_Dr is offline   Italy
      08-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird_Dr View Post
For those opposed to the Tea Party, what is it about them that irks you so much? Please don't bring up the usual rhetoric, have your own thoughts.
I think a better question is, why do you identify with such a small faction of a segment of the political pie? After all, there are more militia members, homosexuals, or white supremacists, but the teabaggers are getting the media now.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      08-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
1997gtx
Lieutenant

Drives: 08 328xi | 08 S5 | 02 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird_Dr View Post
They are extreme in that they won't compromise / deviate from their political beliefs no matter how many it hurts.
      08-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
1997gtx
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
I think a better question is, why do you identify with such a small faction of a segment of the political pie? After all, there are more militia members, homosexuals, or white supremacists, but the teabaggers are getting the media now.
They scream the loudest and have the most money.
      08-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #5
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

They can't do math
      08-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
mact3333
Captain

Drives: 11' Audi S4

how funny this is exact same thread as "how come you hate Obama" where demo's wanted smart and thorough questions/answers yet the same eact liberals give flippant smart ass answers.

Please answer the question, god knows you guys spend hrs on here arguing about lesser things...

liberals--educated and just smart enough to be dangerous yet dont understand the big picture

conservatives--semi-educated and just dumb enough to get things right by default rather than by critical thinking

teabaggers--a mixed bag of crazies just crazy enough to get the big picture...these people are the conservatives from 30 yrs ago...they respect the constitution, as our forefathers were thoughtful and intelligent enough to know what was best for our country, without being infected by the greed, stupidity bug and negligence.

One day people will realize anytime you totally associate yourself with any one group, you are not thinking for yourself...then "they" have won...they want to seperate you and to fight amongst yourselves so you take your eye off of the prize(money supply control) and keep you as the hamsters in the wheel cage that you are!...

More granite countertops, more American Idol, more Hummers...yeah...
      08-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #7
1997gtx
Lieutenant

My answer certainly wasn't flippant. It was clear and concise.
      08-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
mact3333
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997gtx View Post
They are extreme in that they won't compromise / deviate from their political beliefs no matter how many it hurts.
So if the biggest holders of US debt is our own social security fund which we know doesnt have a single penny to their name and then China and Japan who we know isnt buying much anymore....that leaves the feds to buy the paper...Feds already buying up 35-50% of the auctions in clandestine fashion...so if the Feds dont have any money either and must print it, this will cause inflation...if they keep doing this at some point we could get hyperinflation.

Doesnt this hurt everyone if this happens...the savers are forced to gamble given the low yield on fixed income products...their rate of return much lower than "real" inflation...buying power getting hammered.

Isnt this the real threat to all of society??...yet you say the demo's who want to kick the can down the road and cont big govt and cont the handouts isnt the real threat?.

And what about the repubs where Halliburton, Blackwater, Rand McNally etc want war to profit, essentially control the repub side?...they hurts us too by creating wars we dont need so their oil buddies can profit like they alweays do...this creates inflation also as we need to borrow to fund these wars...how come we dont go to war except in countries(or near countries) that have oil??.

But it is the libertarians who are the biggest risk to society when they want less taxes for all and smaller govt????....hmmmm

Last edited by mact3333; 08-03-2011 at 11:27 AM.
      08-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #9
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Perhaps it's their inability to truly marginalize the tea party. They've attempted to portray them as any number of things but have failed. How irritating that the tea party has real power and is not going anywhere. Also in the back of their minds there's this scratchy feeling that there's something else here. That something else is the sizable and energized electorate that, in repudiation of this administration, set a new record for going to the polls and turning out the bums. And those folks are still there.

p.s. But of course, the tea party is a real challenge for the Republican old guard too.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      08-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #10
1997gtx
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
So if the biggest holders of US debt is our own social security fund which we know doesnt have a single penny to their name and then China and Japan who we know isnt buying much anymore....that leaves the feds to buy the paper...Feds already buying up 35-50% of the auctions in clandestine fashion...so if the Feds dont have any money either and must print it, this will cause inflation...if they keep doing this at some point we could get hyperinflation.

Doesnt this hurt everyone if this happens...the savers are forced to gamble given the low yield on fixed income products...their rate of return much lower than "real" inflation...buying power getting hammered.

Isnt this the real threat to all of society??...yet you say the demo's who want to kick the can down the road and cont big govt and cont the handouts isnt the real threat?.

And what about the repubs where Halliburton, Blackwater, Rand McNally etc want war to profit, essentially control the repub side?...they hurts us too by creating wars we dont need so their oil buddies can profit like they alweays do...this creates inflation also as we need to borrow to fund these wars...how come we dont go to war except in countries(or near countries) that have oil??.

But it is the libertarians who are the biggest risk to society when they want less taxes for all and smaller govt????....hmmmm
Aren't they the only ones who won't deviate from their "beliefs"? Anyone who doesn't compromise is a risk to society. It would be no different if Democrats or Republicans didn't compromise. The tea party/libertarian view point is one of many. None of them deserve to be the only voice.

Besides, don't Tea Partier's tout the framer's as their model legislators? Certainly the framers understood the new for compromise. So, why can't tea partier's?

This whole debt limit debate seriously reduced the credibility of the tea party. Now the Democrats AND Republicans don't want to work with them.
      08-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #11
1997gtx
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Perhaps it's their inability to truly marginalize the tea party. They've attempted to portray them as any number of things but have failed. How irritating that the tea party has real power and is not going anywhere. Also in the back of their minds there's this scratchy feeling that there's something else here. That something else is the sizable and energized electorate that, in repudiation of this administration, set a new record for going to the polls and turning out the bums. And those folks are still there.

p.s. But of course, the tea party is a real challenge for the Republican old guard too.
Your ps is spot on. The tea party did two things wonderfully. They made their voice heard and they were well-organized. But they very quickly burned those bridges with the debt ceiling debate. They've now ostracized themselves from both sides of the aisle. The can service as the "right side" or of the right wing, but they can't survive as the "third party."
      08-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #12
11Series

My post wasn't flippant either. A number of Tea Party sloganeering shows a complete inability to do even basic math. They mindlessly chant nonsense that is simply mathematically clueless.

Bird Dr wanted what personally irks me, and I gave it to him.
      08-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #13
E90SoFlo
Banned

Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
My post wasn't flippant either. A number of Tea Party sloganeering shows a complete inability to do even basic math. They mindlessly chant nonsense that is simply mathematically clueless.

Didn't know Obama was part of the tea party
      08-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #14
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

The tea party represents the American working class. They're the mom and pop stores keeping this country up and the people standing in the way of their prosperity are the liberals and democrats that want to tie them down.
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States
      08-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #15
mact3333
Captain

Quote:

I am going to go to the Obama thread now and say "cause he is black"...

Basic math you say???

I am 25 years old and make 50K a yr...I drive a BMW 335, live in a 400K home now worth 200K...my food and gas bill going up and up...my credit card tab is 40K and I am making interest payments only...I really want to preserve my credit rating so I can keep the 10% interest(god forbid that 30% balloon interest kick in if I miss payments)....I kinda support my relatives(since they dont work) at 1000 a month as they arent doing well...I promised my relatives who think Im doing well 3000.00 a month as support over the next 10 yrs, as they have huge medical bills from the gastric bypass surgery gone wrong.....what am i going to do?...people around me think I am happy and doing well due to my exterior appearance but they dont understand my true dire situation...I have already tapped my 401K(SS) but nobody knows about this...shhh...my friends(media) all think I am quite stable and admire me.

My credit card company(china,japan) says I should consolidate all my debt into one card....they gave me until this Tuesday to do this...they told me to stop spending so much but they did increase my credit limit...hmm...I think I will as I think this will open up more credit which is good cause I really need a new fridge and HRE wheels for my 335i...why do people tell me to quit spending yet increase my spending limit when they know I have a spending prob?...guess I could at least "slow down" my rate of spending but in the end, its all good cause my credit limit went up.

My former husband was a hard core repub and wanted me to quit spending so much on shoes but he did promote the vacations to many many foreign lands....we used his friends travel agencies cause he owes it to them and we get great deals...airfare to Kabul was only 10K.

My current husband, hardcore democrat, wants me to cont to give abit more to my relatives as they are in a sad state and it isnt their fault they havent worked in 3 yrs due to bunions...he wants me to refi our mortgage and my credit cards so we can save 2% on interest payments and maybe we can get our credit limit raised again by another 30K...but he did say people with platinum cards should pay higher rates, cause afterall, they can afford the 100 yr annual membership fees...but they do spend alot at Nordstroms where i work and we did have to hire a few part timers due to this but at least we dont have to offer them benefits.

One of my firends, who happens to be crazy and on prozac, actually told me to just stop spending and start selling some stuff...this is what I literally did.......followed by.......I quickly kicked him in the nuts and told everyone I know this guy really is crazy and needs a full colonoscopy at the airport...heard TSA doing this for free.

Ok, I am done ranting...thx for listening...two things I know though, I did get an A once in 8th grade in math class and I also stayed in a Holiday Inn last week.

Last edited by mact3333; 08-03-2011 at 12:52 PM.
      08-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #16
11Series

Quote:
I am going to go to the Obama thread now and say "cause he is black"...

Basic math you say???

I am 25 years old and make 50K a yr...I drive a BMW 335, live in a 400K home now worth 200K...my food and gas bill going up and up...my credit card tab is 40K and I am making interest payments only...I really want to preserve my credit rating so I can keep the 10% interest(god forbid that 30% balloon interest kick in if I miss payments)....I kinda support my relatives(since they dont work) at 1000 a month as they arent doing well...I promised my relatives who think Im doing well 3000.00 a month as support over the next 10 yrs, as they have huge medical bills from the gastric bypass surgery gone wrong.....what am i going to do?...people around me think I am happy and doing well due to my exterior appearance but they dont understand my true dire situation...I have already tapped my 401K(SS) but nobody knows about this...shhh...my friends(media) all think I am quite stable and admire me.

My credit card company(china,japan) says I should consolidate all my debt into one card....they gave me until this Tuesday to do this...they told me to stop spending so much but they did increase my credit limit...hmm...I think I will as I think this will open up more credit which is good cause I really need a new fridge and HRE wheels for my 335i...why do people tell me to quit spending yet increase my spending limit when they know I have a spending prob?...guess I could at least "slow down" my rate of spending but in the end, its all good cause my credit limit went up.

My former husband was a hard core repub and wanted me to quit spending so much on shoes but he did promote the vacations to many many foreign lands....we used his friends travel agencies cause he owes it to them and we get great deals...airfare to Kabul was only 10K.

My current husband, hardcore democrat, wants me to cont to give abit more to my relatives as they are in a sad state and it isnt their fault they havent worked in 3 yrs due to bunions...he wants me to refi our mortgage and my credit cards so we can save 2% on interest payments and maybe we can get our credit limit raised again by another 30K...but he did say people with platinum cards should pay higher rates, cause afterall, they can afford the 100 yr annual membership fees...but they do spend alot at Nordstroms where i work and we did have to hire a few part timers due to this but at least we dont have to offer them benefits.

One of my firends, who happens to be crazy and on prozac, actually told me to just stop spending and start selling some stuff...this is what I literally did.......followed by.......I quickly kicked him in the nuts and told everyone I know this guy really is crazy and needs a full colonoscopy at the airport...heard TSA doing this for free.

Ok, I am done ranting...thx for listening...two things I know though, I did get an A once in 8th grade in math class and I also stayed in a Holiday Inn last week.
I'm assuming this is an entirely fictional story.

Did you have a point, other than showing you don't know the difference between a racist attack on someone for their racial status, and disagreeing with someone's political positions?
      08-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #17
mact3333
Captain

Quote:
I'm assuming this is an entirely fictional story.

Did you have a point, other than showing you don't know the difference between a racist attack on someone for their racial status, and disagreeing with someone's political positions?
Hope the wind didnt knock off your toupee?...
      08-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #18
11Series

Quote:
Hope the wind didnt knock off your toupee?...

Is this your idea of an apology for your great idea of posting a racist insult based upon Obama's racial status against Obama? A glib non sequitur personal attack against me, and smiley faces?
      08-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #19
mact3333
Captain

Quote:
Is this your idea of an apology for your great idea of posting a racist insult based upon Obama's racial status against Obama? A glib non sequitur personal attack against me, and smiley faces?
if you took that as a racist insult against Obama you are even more dumb than I originally thought......the insult was against your original post...did the blowdry feel good???...
      08-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #20
11Series

Quote:
if you took that as a racist insult against Obama you are even more dumb than I originally thought......the insult was against your original post...did the blowdry feel good???...
Wow. You STILL think that a racist attack on someone for their racial status, is the same as saying that you disagree with people's political math?

Here is an idea for you. How about saying something like:

"My bad, I realize that attacking someone based upon their skin color is a racist attack, and in no way compares to disagreeing with people's political math. It was a very bad parallel, and I understand that my idea of making a racist attack on someone for their racial status was wrong. Just like labeling Obama a Tar Baby was wrong."

Instead of taking personal responsibility, you AGAIN resort to yet another personal attack against me. Classy. Way to make the Tea Party look good in the "what irks you about the Tea Party" thread.
      08-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #21
mact3333
Captain

I get it now...ok, I will be your Huckleberry...yes please put more words in my mouth...yes I am a racist when I am a person of color myself...

You are desperate now I see...thx for the entertainment.

Quote:
Wow. You STILL think that a racist attack on someone for their racial status, is the same as saying that you disagree with people's political math?

Here is an idea for you. How about saying something like:

"My bad, I realize that attacking someone based upon their skin color is a racist attack, and in no way compares to disagreeing with people's political math. It was a very bad parallel, and I understand that my idea of making a racist attack on someone for their racial status was wrong. Just like labeling Obama a Tar Baby was wrong."

Instead of taking personal responsibility, you AGAIN resort to yet another personal attack against me. Classy. Way to look the Tea Party look good in the "what irks you about the Tea Party" thread.
      08-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #22
11Series

Quote:
I get it now...ok, I will be your Huckleberry...yes please put more words in my mouth...yes I am a racist when I am a person of color myself...

You are desperate now I see...thx for the entertainment.

Oh, now I get it.

It's <MY> fault that you suggested putting a post saying "cause he is black" in the thread that asks "What SPECIFICALLY about Obama's decisions do you dislike?" Way to take personal responsibility.

What does your race have to do with it?

Attacking someone based upon their skin color is a racist attack, no matter what skin you are in.
Closed Thread