E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Stock market Thread II--Technical Analysis



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #45
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

Caution metal players...money flow into gold has been abit weak over past 3 wks despite price surge...money flow into silver abit weak when compared to price action over past 1 week...some caution is needed.

I am looking for SLV to get to 42ish level but at that level might have to peel some off due to risk....3-4 wks ago I saw money flowing into metals when prices were tanking...opposite now...still think SLV will run abit higher but some divergences shwoing up now.
mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #46
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

As I said yesterday, big money was coming out of silver/gold while actual prices going up...something smelled abit odd in silver yesterday...new metal players MUST use stops...if you have been for awhile, have stops in place...dont allow yourself to get into the red.

The mkt will try to scare you out of long equity positions, but the IT trend is up above 1307!...see you soon near 1340-50!....
mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #47
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Put this in your charts and smoke it.


The Head Of The World's Biggest Hedge Fund Sees "Economic Collapse" Due To Money Printing By Early 2013
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 07/18/2011 15:56 -0400

Bridgewater European Central Bank Greece Ray Dalio

As part of its most recent issue the New Yorker has released a must read interview with Ray Dalio - head of the world's biggest hedge fund, Bridgewater. Dalio's fund, which according to some may now be as large as $80 billion, continues to outperform even in this problematic environment, indicating that unlike various other managers who shall remain nameless, and whose wealth is built up almost exclusively on one trade (and that belonging to someone else in the first place), Dalio, despite rumors that he is preparing to leave his current position and is actively seeking a replacement, is still keenly able to adapt to changing macro conditions. Which is why his warning about future rounds of QE, which he sees as a certainty, should be heeded. Especially since it conforms 100% with the warnings of Zero Hedge - Dalio believes that future inevitable money printing will "lead to a collapse in currencies and bond markets." Dalio is even kind enough to give a time frame. "I think late 2012 or early 2013 is going to be another very difficult period." He is, to say the least, quite diplomatic.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/hea...ing-early-2013
__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #48
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

I respect Dalio quite abit...he is a smart guy...been following him for awhile...I too feel we top out late this yr or early next yr...I intend to pull everything out of mkt and look for short opportunities starting in early 2012...I think we enter a bear starting that time and wont end until we undercut the 2009 lows by a small fraction.



Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
Put this in your charts and smoke it.


The Head Of The World's Biggest Hedge Fund Sees "Economic Collapse" Due To Money Printing By Early 2013
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 07/18/2011 15:56 -0400

Bridgewater European Central Bank Greece Ray Dalio

As part of its most recent issue the New Yorker has released a must read interview with Ray Dalio - head of the world's biggest hedge fund, Bridgewater. Dalio's fund, which according to some may now be as large as $80 billion, continues to outperform even in this problematic environment, indicating that unlike various other managers who shall remain nameless, and whose wealth is built up almost exclusively on one trade (and that belonging to someone else in the first place), Dalio, despite rumors that he is preparing to leave his current position and is actively seeking a replacement, is still keenly able to adapt to changing macro conditions. Which is why his warning about future rounds of QE, which he sees as a certainty, should be heeded. Especially since it conforms 100% with the warnings of Zero Hedge - Dalio believes that future inevitable money printing will "lead to a collapse in currencies and bond markets." Dalio is even kind enough to give a time frame. "I think late 2012 or early 2013 is going to be another very difficult period." He is, to say the least, quite diplomatic.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/hea...ing-early-2013
mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2011, 11:40 PM   #49
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

Been trying to preach the bull train for awhile but nobody listening....

Will get even more aggressively on long side now...USD gonna sell off soon and take out May low...key level broken...USD down, equities and metals up...2 days ago I said "see ya at 1340-50 on ES/SPX"...well that didnt take long.

Need to consolidate for few days before next leg up...see ya at new all time highs in SPX by this fall.

Stocks climb a wall of worry and fall down a slope of hop.

http://screencast.com/t/gjbyOS3t


http://screencast.com/t/KkZmdimI
mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #50
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

very interesting.

mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #51
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
 
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO

Posts: 709
iTrader: (0)

I've been playing this market wrong all week. I'm fairly certain the markets will be down tomorrow as well. I've missed out on about 16% profits with SPXU bit won't mind gaining 4 or 5% tomorrow if markets are half as bad.
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #52
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
I've been playing this market wrong all week. I'm fairly certain the markets will be down tomorrow as well. I've missed out on about 16% profits with SPXU bit won't mind gaining 4 or 5% tomorrow if markets are half as bad.
Have I not been pumping AGQ for past 6 wks???....

Govt answer to everything is more money supply...more money more inflation.
mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #53
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

I have this weird feeling after SPX does obligatory snap back rally to 1263 we then tank....
mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #54
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
 
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO

Posts: 709
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
I have this weird feeling after SPX does obligatory snap back rally to 1263 we then tank....
Why? I unfortunately have this feeling too.... I did buy SPXU and Sdow this morning though and I added to my SLV position.
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #55
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
I have this weird feeling after SPX does obligatory snap back rally to 1263 we then tank....
1. SPX high 1260....tank...classic backtest of major trendline violated and tank.

2. AGQ rec'd at 160...now 235(+75).
mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #56
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
Why? I unfortunately have this feeling too.... I did buy SPXU and Sdow this morning though and I added to my SLV position.
why, did you look at the chart I posted 2 days ago???...your answer right there staring you in da face....
mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #57
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

Trailing stops hit on AGQ at 225...protecting profits there....we should see relief rally for awhile to relieve the selling pressure/exhaustion....we will make lower high and selling resumes.

Mkt's didnt hold 1250 which was crucial...mkts to new high by end of yr theory in seriously jeopardy now...we are now in confirmed downtrend on ST, IT, LT basis now for first time since 09'.
mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #58
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

Lower trendline that has held since 3/09 broken now.


mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #59
ES_TRADER
Colonel
 
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC

Posts: 2,464
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor (o ...  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [5.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [4.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [5.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Lower trendline that has held since 3/09 broken now.

on the money...i expect a pullback, now that the TL has been breached, to a LH or HH now to exit longs and enter shorts
ES_TRADER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #60
ES_TRADER
Colonel
 
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC

Posts: 2,464
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor (o ...  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [5.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [4.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [5.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
only way id get bullish is a close above 1275 on the week...so that we maintain that TL...but at this point, the chances of that are pretty dire....JOBS rept could possibly be a catalyst BUT that number would have to be Killer
ES_TRADER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #61
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpuer View Post
only way id get bullish is a close above 1275 on the week...so that we maintain that TL...but at this point, the chances of that are pretty dire....JOBS rept could possibly be a catalyst BUT that number would have to be Killer
agree.
mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #62
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

hasnt happened since the bull was confirmed in fall 09'....close up would show we closed below 75 wk moving avg...hmmm.

mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #63
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
 
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO

Posts: 709
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
I have this weird feeling after SPX does obligatory snap back rally to 1263 we then tank....
1. SPX high 1260....tank...classic backtest of major trendline violated and tank.

2. AGQ rec'd at 160...now 235( 75).
Ooo AGQ. Same happened with SLV but this fell twice as hard. Would AGQ be a good buy next week? It's $197 now from $235 this morning.
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2011, 11:05 AM   #64
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

the technicals show peoples fears, euphoric delusions and anxiety...the black boxes respect it also...Dow Theory sell signal in place now...transports and INDU both broke March lows.

But the final "marker" to mark THE top isnt quite in yet so I am now 60% convinced "the" top has been set...almost there...cash is king for now...if the bull train has officially ended we have plenty of time to get short as we are very early in this bear trend...if the bull is going to continue we better reverse course real soon.
mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #65
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
 
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO

Posts: 709
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
the technicals show peoples fears, euphoric delusions and anxiety...the black boxes respect it also...Dow Theory sell signal in place now...transports and INDU both broke March lows.

But the final "marker" to mark THE top isnt quite in yet so I am now 60% convinced "the" top has been set...almost there...cash is king for now...if the bull train has officially ended we have plenty of time to get short as we are very early in this bear trend...if the bull is going to continue we better reverse course real soon.
Yep. The S
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #66
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

for time stamping and book keeping purposes only.

http://screencast.com/t/bVmUXq4Rt
mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST