E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Navigation by Name



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-28-2007, 04:04 PM   #23
Bill-SD
Private First Class
 
Bill-SD's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i / '14 328i
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

My March build can search by name. One thing it seems to be missing, that I had in my M3 and 540 navs, is search by restaurant type. Like, Chinese, Italian, fast food, etc. I used that a lot and it was very handy. I only had my car for a week in Munich, but I couldn't find that option. Is it not there or did I just miss it???
Bill-SD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-28-2007, 04:06 PM   #24
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
 
JSpira's Avatar
 
Drives: Fünfer, Dreier, +
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, München, Wien

Posts: 5,245
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-SD View Post
My March build can search by name. One thing it seems to be missing, that I had in my M3 and 540 navs, is search by restaurant type. Like, Chinese, Italian, fast food, etc. I used that a lot and it was very handy. I only had my car for a week in Munich, but I couldn't find that option. Is it not there or did I just miss it???
It´s there.
__________________
Freude am Fahren.

Jonathan




E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired


Nominated: Most Contributing Member
JSpira is offline   Austria
0
Reply With Quote
      05-28-2007, 05:39 PM   #25
Bill-SD
Private First Class
 
Bill-SD's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i / '14 328i
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpira View Post
It´s there.
Cool!!! I'll dig deeper once I get my car back. It would have helped me out in Munich. I just searched for restaurants (not by type), and since the names were in German, I couldn't tell what I was looking at.

Thanks for the info!
Bill-SD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2007, 11:30 AM   #26
Kimo
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: e90 e85 e46 e31
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Maryland

Posts: 345
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-SD View Post
Cool!!! I'll dig deeper once I get my car back. It would have helped me out in Munich. I just searched for restaurants (not by type), and since the names were in German, I couldn't tell what I was looking at.

Thanks for the info!
When in Germany, would one search for "German Food" -- or just "Food"?
__________________
Kimo --
His: ............2001 (e46) 330i, Jet Black
Hers:...........2006 (e90) 330i, Sapphire Black
Ours #1:....2008 (e85) Z4 3.0si, Jet Black
Ours #2:....1992 (e31) 850i, Jet Black
Kimo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2007, 05:00 PM   #27
Bill-SD
Private First Class
 
Bill-SD's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i / '14 328i
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo View Post
When in Germany, would one search for "German Food" -- or just "Food"?
I couldn't find where to brake it down by type. In the states, you can usually guess the type by the name, not so easy in Germany. One night we choose the Hong Kong Cafe (or something like that), figuring it was Chinese food. That was the rare exception to the rule.

I'm glad to hear this is something I just missed and not an option that went away!
Bill-SD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST