Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Looking for wheel help



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.
 
TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %
                     
Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
MrLong
Private
 
MrLong's Avatar
 
Drives: 325xi
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Looking for wheel help

Hey guys Im new here and also new to the BMW seen. I recently purchased a 06 325xi and cant stand the the wheels. I'm looking at the 19" Miro 111s and was wondering what kind of off set and rim width I should go with. I know I have to go square due to the AWD.

As far as the tire pressure sensors, can I use the ones in my OEM wheels?

Sorry for the noob questions and thanks in advance for your help.
MrLong is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
rovensail
Skipper
 
rovensail's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Coast of Somewhere Beautiful...

Posts: 118
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
more than likely, yes
__________________
Owning:
2007 335i Ext:Black Sapphire Metallic/ Int:Black
Owned:
2006 325i Ext:Electric Red/Int:Black
1985 528e Ext:Baltic Blue/Int:Pacific Blue
rovensail is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #3
Nugget64
Banned
 
Drives: 325i Sport Pkg
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 283
iTrader: (0)

look for offsets in the 30-40 range and you will be fine... rim widths in the 8-9 range
Nugget64 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
MrLong
Private
 
MrLong's Avatar
 
Drives: 325xi
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget64 View Post
look for offsets in the 30-40 range and you will be fine... rim widths in the 8-9 range
Thanks man, I was looking at 8.5s but wasn't sure what offset or if 8.5 would be wide enough.
MrLong is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
BKV122
Major
 
BKV122's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,087
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [4.75]
If you have an 06 model it uses FTM rather than tpms. FTM uses data off wheel speed to determine if the pressure goes to low, so you dont need to worry about buying tpms. As for the square setup you can go staggard setup as i am AWD and have a staggard setup with no problems
__________________

Monaco Blue 330xi - Terra Interior/6-MT/Sport/Premium/Cold/CSL's/M3 Spoiler Lip/Black Kidney's
BKV122 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #6
Nugget64
Banned
 
Drives: 325i Sport Pkg
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 283
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLong View Post
Thanks man, I was looking at 8.5s but wasn't sure what offset or if 8.5 would be wide enough.
8.5 would be plenty wide if you're running a square set-up.. personally I run stagg but there are plenty of benefits for running square (neutral handling, rotating)

What you should be looking for with a 8.5 wheel is an offset in the mid 30's like 34 or 35 and you will be perfect.

The Miro 111's come in an offset of 35 in a 8.5" rim so if you just get four of those.. you'd be looking to wrap them in a 235 tire for a good fitment
Nugget64 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
EngineCo52
Major
 
Drives: 2007 Montego 328xi CPE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Havre de Grace, MD

Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (2)

ive heard that the Miro's bent and or crack easy, or easier then a lot of other brands, i dont have any experience with them though. maybe someone with some past experience or wheel expert can chime in...just wanted to give you a heads up from what ive heard, maybe do some more research on them
__________________
E92 328xi Mods-KW V1-BMW Performance Exhaust-Matte Black Grill-CF Mirror Covers-CF B-Pillars-20% Tint-Coming soon:AG M310's, M3 Rep Front, Black Roof, Vinyl Window Trim

E9x Picture Game-8 Points-Roundabout, Something Remarkable(stack of 50 g's), Cruise Memorabilia, Dirt Road w/ Trees, Michael Jackson, Police Station ,Dress-Up Funny, TPMS
EngineCo52 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #8
MrLong
Private
 
MrLong's Avatar
 
Drives: 325xi
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKV122 View Post
If you have an 06 model it uses FTM rather than tpms. FTM uses data off wheel speed to determine if the pressure goes to low, so you dont need to worry about buying tpms. As for the square setup you can go staggard setup as i am AWD and have a staggard setup with no problems
Thanks alot! I didnt know that about the 06, Mind sharing the sizes?
MrLong is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
MrLong
Private
 
MrLong's Avatar
 
Drives: 325xi
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget64 View Post
8.5 would be plenty wide if you're running a square set-up.. personally I run stagg but there are plenty of benefits for running square (neutral handling, rotating)

What you should be looking for with a 8.5 wheel is an offset in the mid 30's like 34 or 35 and you will be perfect.

The Miro 111's come in an offset of 35 in a 8.5" rim so if you just get four of those.. you'd be looking to wrap them in a 235 tire for a good fitment
Thanks again for your help. I see alot of guys talking about wheel spacers, would they be needed do to the square setup?
MrLong is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #10
Nugget64
Banned
 
Drives: 325i Sport Pkg
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 283
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLong View Post
Thanks again for your help. I see alot of guys talking about wheel spacers, would they be needed do to the square setup?
Personally I would steer clear of wheel spacers. It is better to stick to offsets that work.
Nugget64 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #11
pruettfan
Major
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oro Valley, AZ

Posts: 1,482
iTrader: (0)

Take a look in the wheel and tire area. You will find plenty of info
pruettfan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
MrLong
Private
 
MrLong's Avatar
 
Drives: 325xi
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget64 View Post
Personally I would steer clear of wheel spacers. It is better to stick to offsets that work.
I was hoping to hear this. Your help is much appreciated! Have a great day.
MrLong is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #13
MrLong
Private
 
MrLong's Avatar
 
Drives: 325xi
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Take a look in the wheel and tire area. You will find plenty of info
Will do, thanks!
MrLong is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #14
MrLong
Private
 
MrLong's Avatar
 
Drives: 325xi
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineCo52 View Post
ive heard that the Miro's bent and or crack easy, or easier then a lot of other brands, i dont have any experience with them though. maybe someone with some past experience or wheel expert can chime in...just wanted to give you a heads up from what ive heard, maybe do some more research on them
I've tried a bunch of searchs and came back with nothing about them bending easy. One guy was very upset with the quality of the finish. I guess when buying cheaper wheels that is expected. Thanks for the heads up.
MrLong is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST