E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > [Private Seller Review] OEM Style CF Lip // E92

08-16-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
banky
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 335i e92

[Private Seller Review] OEM Style CF Lip // E92

***PURCHASE INFO AT THE BOTTOM***

Hey guys, this is my first review, so bear with me.

I was searching for a while on an OEM Style CF lip and only found one website that listed it: e92-lighting.com. This review is about me finding someone else to purchase from because of all the mixed reviews on them. Basically a board member PM'd me and said he was able to get them and it was a shot in the dark but i went with him than as opposed to Derrick.

The guy's name is Shane and the whole process was really smooth and he has great communication. I received the lip exactly 2 weeks after i sent payment. It came painted in the middle and left it CF on the sides. the finish is really good quality but the cf weave doesn't wrap all the way around in the bottom. it wraps under about an inch. the painted middle is spot on and the finish is really nice. i asked him to send me pictures before shipping and he did. he also txted me back every time i sent him a txt, which was probably about every 2 days lol. he never txted me first though, i was always the initiator so I'm not sure how your experience would be if you just waited for him to txt you updates. i also think I'm the first person he sells to, to be honest.

As far as fitment, it was my first time installing a lip, but i noticed it was really tight. like to have the holes lined up, i had to put a moderate amount of force to get one screw on each side of the lip in. the other holes i didn't check because they're all broken on my underbody panel. i was careful not to flex too much but all in all I'm happy with the outcome.

PICS:

Untitled by bankyy, on Flickr

-----------------------------------------------

INTERESTED IN PURCHASING???

The guy i bought from isn't really active on the boards anymore. i told him id send people his way if anyone was interested. i guess id be like the middle man. if you have any questions before ordering or whatever just PM me and i promise ill do my best to answer any questions truthfully to the best of my knowledge.

all purchase information will be kept via PMs (phone numbers, emails, etc.).

please keep in mind, as always, your experience may not be the same as mine. in this situation i'd definitely buy again from him and he was a great communicator, which is half the buying experience. if you buy, you will not be talking with me, you'll be dealing directly with Shane, but ill be happy to help anyway i can.

Last edited by banky; 08-16-2011 at 09:42 PM.