E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > ATTENTION Ron Paul Supporters

08-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #23
M3Bahn
Lieutenant

Drives: M3

Ron "13th Floor In A Hotel" Paul Media Blackout

Pretty sad the daily show is only place reporting this.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...-the-top-tier?

Last edited by M3Bahn; 08-16-2011 at 11:06 AM.
      08-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #24
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post

john stewart is funny
      08-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #25
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

News Wire Special Report:

We break into our regular scheduled programming to bring you this Special Report coming out of the Ron Paul For President Campaign:

This just breaking: Paultards are pissed that when Ron Paul says something, nobody cares except fellow Paultards.

With this shocking news, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. Your re-run of Hee-Haw will now resume.
      08-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #26
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?

Drives: Bandwagon

While I agree Ron Paul is no messiah. It is refreshing to see someone capable of thinking for himself. Fiscally conservative and Socially liberal. He is kind of a nut job.

I see myself as a fiscally conservative person with a few liberal opinions concerning our social concerns. But, some of his ideas are down right scary concerning our military, amongst other things.
      08-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #27
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Ron Paul is Fiscally conservative and Socially liberal.
How's that? He's a staunch anti-abortionist, just like all the teabagging anti-freedom types.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      08-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #28
11Series

Quote:
While I agree Ron Paul is no messiah. It is refreshing to see someone capable of thinking for himself. Fiscally conservative and Socially liberal. He is kind of a nut job.

I see myself as a fiscally conservative person with a few liberal opinions concerning our social concerns. But, some of his ideas are down right scary concerning our military, amongst other things.
He does have his moments of apparent lucidness, like decriminalizing pot. But that is just the rare intersection between his 100% dogma driven beliefs, and pragmatic reality. It doesn't really mean he's right, it is just that his dogma sometimes intersects with pragmatic rational policies that happen to be right.

It's like a blind man driving a car who happens to drive through a busy intersection when the light is green.
      08-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #29
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post

Lol. I like Ron Paul. If he were to run as an independent he'd beat both the democrat and republican.
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States
      08-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #30
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

Ron Paul looks like he's head of the American Association of Cookie Bakeries or something and Michelle Bachman looks like an Amway flight attendant. She wouldn't win either, she's too over confident and high right now and women don't even like her.
      08-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #31
ghosthi32
Banned

rick perry looks like the male version of bachman. overconfident sob

Last edited by ghosthi32; 08-17-2011 at 11:29 AM.
      08-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #32
mact3333
Captain

Drives: 11' Audi S4

They marginalize Ron Paul cause they are afraid of his message...people that marginalize him hang onto issues such as abortion...lol...like who gives a rats ass about that...we have bigger issues...he hasnt wavered in his message in 10 yrs.

He wins all the internet polls yet he doesnt get mentioned...please explain why this is ok...he comes in second in straw polls yet gets ignored...why is this ok?...it happens because they fear him and his message.

He wants smaller govt, lower taxes, lower inflation, get rid of the Fed Reserve who cannot uphold their mandate.

Do I agree with him about abortion and his religious overtone?..no...but he is still much smarter about the economy than any other candidate by a wide margin on either side...the economy needs to be the number priority right now..anyone who disagrees with this statement is prob not very astute when it comes to the economy as its clear we are headed for disaster soon.
      08-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #33
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

I now know that it'll be Perry vs Obama 2012. That much is certain.
      08-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #34
ghosthi32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
thanks fortune teller. it hasn't been a week since perry announced LOL
      08-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #35
Echo M3
Major

Drives: E90 M3

Quote:

He's libertarian, not a social liberal. Not quite the same thing.

But I get your point. In a weird way, he appeals to both liberals and conservatives.

Personally, what appeals to me is his strong belief in our constitutional freedoms and liberties. Unlike most politicians, he refuses to compromise in this area, which is refreshing to see. That, and he doesn't infuse his personal beliefs into his policies (at least, not as much as others).
Echo M3 is offline   No_Country
      08-17-2011, 12:18 PM   #36
Echo M3
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
All the other GOP candidates are VERY uninspiring. I think they should take the risk and nominate Paul. With the strength of the Tea Party movement, and his ability to attract people on both sides of the isle with his common sense, I think he's their best shot.

No way in hell would I vote for Rick Perry. I really want a leader focused on action- not getting a large group of people together to try to solve their problems with magic, as Perry will do tomorrow.

If the GOP would drop their draconian social agendas they'd have a LOT more support.
This is my issue with the GOP, and why I really can't support any of their candidates. It is ironic to me that they are so hell-bent on financial and economic freedom, yet they are very willing to impinge on our social freedoms.

And that is why I usually end up voting democrat, even if I dislike their entitlement and economic agendas.
      08-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #37
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

If you don't like the republicans and democrats, why would you vote for the democrats?
      08-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #38
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
Quote:
thanks fortune teller. it hasn't been a week since perry announced LOL
Well according to a Rasmussen Poll Perry has 29% of the vote, Romney has 18% and Bachman's at 13%.
      08-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #39
11Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
They marginalize Ron Paul cause they are afraid of his message......he hasnt wavered in his message in 10 yrs.
Correction: He hasn't wavered in his message in 25 years. He's still repeating his same talking points from his 1988 failed Presidential bid. He formed his dogma-based policies in the early 1980's, and has stayed locked in the same dogma ever since.
      08-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #40
11Series

Quote:
I hope you are right. You know that Obama hopes you are right too. He's dying to run against PArry. That's why Obama was telling everyone to give PArry some slack on PArry's gaff's on his first days campaigning for President.
      08-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #41
mact3333
Captain

Personally, I wont even bother to vote unless Ron Paul is a candidate.

Anyone else just promotes the status quo which is a waste of time imho.

If you want "true change"(didnt Obama run on this slogan last time lol?), it has to be Ron Paul...everyone else is same ol same ol.

Ron Paul will bring some financial pain in the short run but he will save us in the long run...everyone else will cause the system to come down sooner rather than later...deficit is 14.5 trillion now and growing...Obama sets up super committee to cut 1.5T ...yeah right..we all know even if they make these cuts the debt will still grow over the next 10 yrs by another 7-8 trillion.

We try to solve all "crisis" with money expansion that works great for the people who have access to it, but unfortunately it isnt the common person...jobs is where it is at and there isnt job expansion(we should be seeing 500K plus jobs per month during a real recovery)...most co's know were close to another recession and wont hire.

There is a 95% chance we see at least a slight recession when looking at high bind yields...better brace for it.

If you're going to pour trillions into a supposed recovery, do it for real job expansion by lowering the red tape and taxes for small businesses since they employ 75% of the people...invest in the future with renewable energy...real FDR-esque jobs...build nuclear power plants(safely I might add), fix roads and bridges...dont spend 15% of the stimulus for such endeavors, spend 80% of the money on this type of investment...quit giving it to the thieving bankers who gamble with it but dont credit.

The Feds expanded their balance sheet over the past 3 yrs by probably 4-5TTTTT!...this money went to BAC, GS, and even to FOREIGN banks...The Fed Reserve paid trillions for worthless junk CDS's and bad mortgages...we are paying for this through inflation!!!...thats is what the people dont understand...its all about the money supply...when the feds print money, we all pay through high food and gas prices...so next time you applaud the Fed, try to remember this simple concept nobody will discuss(kinda like Ron Paul and the 13th floor haha).
      08-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #42
mact3333
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Correction: He hasn't wavered in his message in 25 years. He's still repeating his same talking points from his 1988 failed Presidential bid. He formed his dogma-based policies in the early 1980's, and has stayed locked in the same dogma ever since.
Wow, is that the best you got?.......Paul must have some valid points if that is the best argument against him since I know you hate Paul-tard...

BTW, I dont hate Obama, just think he is a coward and puppet...he had his change to offer "change", but he took the easy way out and tried to kick the can down the road just like every other repub and demo.
      08-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #43
Echo M3
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Personally, I wont even bother to vote unless Ron Paul is a candidate.

Anyone else just promotes the status quo which is a waste of time imho.

If you want "true change"(didnt Obama run on this slogan last time lol?), it has to be Ron Paul...everyone else is same ol same ol.

Ron Paul will bring some financial pain in the short run but he will save us in the long run...everyone else will cause the system to come down sooner rather than later...deficit is 14.5 trillion now and growing...Obama sets up super committee to cut 1.5T ...yeah right..we all know even if they make these cuts the debt will still grow over the next 10 yrs by another 7-8 trillion.

We try to solve all "crisis" with money expansion that works great for the people who have access to it, but unfortunately it isnt the common person...jobs is where it is at and there isnt job expansion(we should be seeing 500K plus jobs per month during a real recovery)...most co's know were close to another recession and wont hire.

There is a 95% chance we see at least a slight recession when looking at high bind yields...better brace for it.

If you're going to pour trillions into a supposed recovery, do it for real job expansion by lowering the red tape and taxes for small businesses since they employ 75% of the people...invest in the future with renewable energy...real FDR-esque jobs...build nuclear power plants(safely I might add), fix roads and bridges...dont spend 15% of the stimulus for such endeavors, spend 80% of the money on this type of investment...quit giving it to the thieving bankers who gamble with it but dont credit.

The Feds expanded their balance sheet over the past 3 yrs by probably 4-5TTTTT!...this money went to BAC, GS, and even to FOREIGN banks...The Fed Reserve paid trillions for worthless junk CDS's and bad mortgages...we are paying for this through inflation!!!...thats is what the people dont understand...its all about the money supply...when the feds print money, we all pay through high food and gas prices...so next time you applaud the Fed, try to remember this simple concept nobody will discuss(kinda like Ron Paul and the 13th floor haha).
Agree with you on everything but the last part. The inflation has not really been borne out, as yet. Our inflation has been staggeringly low over the last 3 years. And no, I refuse to factor in non-core items like oil. As you can see, oil has plummeted in the last few weeks, due to dollar appreciation and decreases in supply risks, among other things. We've already discussed this in past threads, but I've explained to you already why money supply expansion does not necessarily equal inflation.

However, it does concern me that we're expanding the money supply. Why? Because who knows when we hit that tipping point, and inflation takes off? The Fed is really treading on new territory, by expanding the money supply so aggressively. In the past, it wasn't such a large issue; but if this trend continues, and it works and the economy starts to grow, we COULD theoretically end up in a hyperinflationary situation, which would stifle all growth.
      08-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #44
mact3333
Captain

You have to take core into it cause we have to pay for core inflation...nobody is giving you free food or gas correct?...the real inflation rate is twice as high as the govt is saying....why did a recent poll say that 95% of people polled say that they are paying more for food now then they did 1-2 yrs ago...why is my gas still 4.00 a gallon despite oil going down into 80's?...its because it doesnt matter much what crude oil does cause the gas station owners wont lower the gas price unless oil has been crushed for many months cause every nickel adds to their bottomline(I know several gas station owners).

People are paying more for bread and gas than they ever have so how is inflation not high?...esp since our wages havent gone up over the past decade...common sense....dont fall for the govt numbers game.

If you slowly create money and credit, it isnt necessarily bad I will agree, but we have increased our debt by 3T over the past 2-3 yrs!...money supply increase plus added velocity is what is important(true M3)...what epople dont understand is this, when the bond mkt wakes up they wake up with a fury and inflation can increase very rapidly very quickly...like all bubbles inclduing the stock mkt in late 99' and eventually gold, things can go up and DOWN quickly depending on social mood and etc...when things let go they let go hard and fast...it is a vicious cycle.

If the bond vigilantes demand more yield cause our debt keeps going up and up...its a catch 22 situation cause the amount of money to service our debt will increase rapidly as interest rates go up and also in an environment where baby boomers will be using more medicare and SS, the debt and inflation can spiral out of control quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
Agree with you on everything but the last part. The inflation has not really been borne out, as yet. Our inflation has been staggeringly low over the last 3 years. And no, I refuse to factor in non-core items like oil. As you can see, oil has plummeted in the last few weeks, due to dollar appreciation and decreases in supply risks, among other things. We've already discussed this in past threads, but I've explained to you already why money supply expansion does not necessarily equal inflation.

However, it does concern me that we're expanding the money supply. Why? Because who knows when we hit that tipping point, and inflation takes off? The Fed is really treading on new territory, by expanding the money supply so aggressively. In the past, it wasn't such a large issue; but if this trend continues, and it works and the economy starts to grow, we COULD theoretically end up in a hyperinflationary situation, which would stifle all growth.