E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > CPO warranty questions and what is covered

05-27-2011, 01:02 AM   #1
Titanium3Series
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 330i

CPO warranty questions and what is covered

I bought a used 300i with 78000 miles on it in Feb. Since then 2 problems have arose. First off my airbag light comes on and sometimes will not go off for a long period of time. Secondly my headlight got some moisture inside of it and my adaptive headlight warning is on and my passenger side light does not go up or down upon testing when starting up.

The first problem I know is that it is the occupancy sensor in passenger seat. I am aware there was a recall on some cars and called BMWNA to ask if my vehicle was affected and she informed me that it was not. She then told me that since my 330i at one point was purchased as a certified pre owned that i still have the remanding miles until 100k for the warranty, and also said something about a maintenance package until 100k as well.

Does anyone know if these two problem under some circumstances has been handled under the CPO warranty and what all is covered.

Also Does a dealer mind getting warranty work or do they think of it more as a hassle. I understand somethings are not covered but if they are ,do the dealers mind performing the work.
      05-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
BKV122
Major

Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 330xi  [4.75]
As per BMW website...

Quote:
Our warranty has broad coverage that includes: engine, automatic/manual transmission, final-drive assembly, steering, hydraulic brake parts, anti-lock braking system, electrical, air conditioning/heating system, cooling system and fuel system.
But Ive gotten things covered under my CPO that aren't said in the above statement. Dealer wont care bc they are still getting paid

Monaco Blue 330xi - Terra Interior/6-MT/Sport/Premium/Cold/CSL's/M3 Spoiler Lip/Black Kidney's
BKV122 is offline   United_States
      08-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
Ocelaris
Private

Drives: 328xi

I'm going to raise a flag, I've had a hell of a time getting warranty work done, you're going to have to fight for it every step of the way. I was told that my headlight was "electronics" and it wasn't covered under my extended warranty. Granted I have brought it in 3 times before when it was under regular warranty and they didn't fix it, I'm pissed... it's better than nothing, but don't expect them to play nice.
Ocelaris is offline   United_States