E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > **********s such a bs!!



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
curamie
Lieutenant
31

 
Drives: 08 e90 335i SG
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Irvine


Posts: 437
iTrader: (3)

**********s such a bs!!

I purchased my cobb ap for 800 and this is the best price i could get out of them and I was in local and willing to pick it up.

now I saw a lot of people who aren't in local and got it for mid 700

Thank you very much for gilbert and alan.

I highly doubt this isnt good for local member..I wouldnt recommend them at all..

Last edited by curamie; 08-23-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
aw335can
Private
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2007-335i, 2009 AW M3 CPE
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Laguna Nigel


Posts: 60
iTrader: (0)

I was quoted $620. Damn should have taken it...
__________________
InJen DCI - Cobb AP - Macht Schnell - HKS Legamax - OE Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
curamie
Lieutenant
31

 
Drives: 08 e90 335i SG
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Irvine


Posts: 437
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw335can View Post
I was quoted $620. Damn should have taken it...
620..now this is harder to believe. people watch out for the pricing. you can pick your cobb ap for 620
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
410

 
SpmnE9zero's Avatar
 
Drives: JB 33ZERO
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: City of Champions


Posts: 35,576
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
I understand your frustration, but if you dont like the price, then dont buy it.

Don't make a thread about a company and call them "bs" because they wouldn't cut you a deal because you are local!

Have you purchased thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of modifications from them that would entitle you to a discount of some sort? If so then I see your complaint, if not then you are a nobody to them and they do not owe you anything but msrp as far as that concerned.
__________________
Eurocharged V5 | ROW's / CC Delete | K&N's | H&R Springs | Single Fin G.B. Grill | Mode Carbon Diffuser | JBSpeed CF Spoiler |
Arkym Style CF Splitter | CF Mirror Caps | 5% Tints | 12mm Spacers |
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
curamie
Lieutenant
31

 
Drives: 08 e90 335i SG
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Irvine


Posts: 437
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
I understand your frustration, but if you dont like the price, then dont buy it.

Don't make a thread about a company and call them "bs" because they wouldn't cut you a deal because you are local!

Have you purchased thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of modifications from them that would entitle you to a discount of some sort? If so then I see your complaint, if not then you are a nobody to them and they do not owe you anything but msrp as far as that concerned.
I see where you getting at, but the whole system of " pm for pricing" is just a unfair system for customers. They could always post a set price for local pick up and shipped price. I know its just way for them to make more profits but it still doesn't look good to me. And this is the place where I share my feeling/comments toward vendors. I am posting this topic to another forums as well for people to know real price for cobb ap.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
tres
Major
United_States
18

 
tres's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 bmw 335is 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: maryland


Posts: 1,335
iTrader: (6)

I know sometimes you end up paying more because of state taxes. Out of state buyers get a break on taxes.
__________________
Member #431510
oem perf cf spoiler and front lip/m3strut brace/m3 subframe bushings/wavetrac lsd/ TMS solid diff bushings/akg solid tension strut bushing/MR adjustable toe arms/MR adjustable upper link/full m3 suspension/ecs tuning ss brake lines/GC coilovers./CPE dci's,catless dp,intercooler,charge pipe bov/BMS OCC/tuningtechfs tuned/RB pcv valve/defiv diff lockdownkit
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
curamie
Lieutenant
31

 
Drives: 08 e90 335i SG
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Irvine


Posts: 437
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres View Post
I know sometimes you end up paying more because of state taxes. Out of state buyers get a break on taxes.
For me it was 800+tax which was 866
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
tres
Major
United_States
18

 
tres's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 bmw 335is 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: maryland


Posts: 1,335
iTrader: (6)

wow thats messed up I've been seeing alot of complaints about mobargins lately.
__________________
Member #431510
oem perf cf spoiler and front lip/m3strut brace/m3 subframe bushings/wavetrac lsd/ TMS solid diff bushings/akg solid tension strut bushing/MR adjustable toe arms/MR adjustable upper link/full m3 suspension/ecs tuning ss brake lines/GC coilovers./CPE dci's,catless dp,intercooler,charge pipe bov/BMS OCC/tuningtechfs tuned/RB pcv valve/defiv diff lockdownkit
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #9
Mike@ModBargains
United_States
21

 
Mike@ModBargains's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 1721 E Lambert Rd #C, La Habra, CA 90631


Posts: 407
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Mike@ModBargains
We appreciate and value your business. There really is no need for a thread here. All you had to do is call us or e-mail us, show us the quote you received, and if it's from a LEGIT RESELLER we would have issued you store credit towards your next purchase for the price difference. It wouldn't have been such a big deal, and really there is no reason for an imflammatory thread here.

We do our best to offer the lowest prices. COBB dictates to us that we cannot advertise this lower than $895. Being that we are a DIRECT AUTHORIZED dealer for COBB (you can look us up on their website, which you cannot say for some other dealers that we compete against) we have to play by their rules. This is because they support our company and our customers since we are direct with them.

We want to earn every customer, but making negative threads about a sale like this is uncalled for. This easily would have been resolved if you had just contacted us. It still can be resolved if you pick up the phone instead of blasting us from behind your keyboard and hurting our ability to succeed as a business.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #10
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
484

 
Drives: JB E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1721 E. Lambert Rd #C, La Habra, CA 90631


Posts: 13,594
iTrader: (51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by curamie View Post
I purchased my cobb ap for 800 and this is the best price i could get out of them and I was in local and willing to pick it up.

now I saw a lot of people who aren't in local and got it for mid 700

Thank you very much for gilbert and alan.

I highly doubt this isnt good for local member..I wouldnt recommend them at all..
I do understand that everyone is out there to get a good deal and that's totally fine. You mentioned that E92-Lighting gave you price of $800 and we did price offer you a price match. Sales tax is unavoidable and that's something that is out of my hands. If you've gotten a quote that's lower from another vendor, feel free to send it to me in an email or PM and I'd be able to honor yet another price match to help you out. I can always issue you a store credit for the difference so that you can use it on a future purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw335can View Post
I was quoted $620. Damn should have taken it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by curamie View Post
620..now this is harder to believe. people watch out for the pricing. you can pick your cobb ap for 620
I highly doubt that any vendors would have quoted $620 for a COBB AP for a BMW. If they have, feel free to drop me a PM or email me with the quote given and I'd be more than happy to address it privately with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
I understand your frustration, but if you dont like the price, then dont buy it.

Don't make a thread about a company and call them "bs" because they wouldn't cut you a deal because you are local!

Have you purchased thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of modifications from them that would entitle you to a discount of some sort? If so then I see your complaint, if not then you are a nobody to them and they do not owe you anything but msrp as far as that concerned.


Quote:
Originally Posted by curamie View Post
I see where you getting at, but the whole system of " pm for pricing" is just a unfair system for customers. They could always post a set price for local pick up and shipped price. I know its just way for them to make more profits but it still doesn't look good to me. And this is the place where I share my feeling/comments toward vendors. I am posting this topic to another forums as well for people to know real price for cobb ap.
Again, we do do our best to offer the lowest prices to our customers. As a direct authorized dealer, we do have to follow the rules. The real price for the COBB AP is $895 MSRP. We did do you a favor by honoring a price match for you in the first place and are still willing to work with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres View Post
I know sometimes you end up paying more because of state taxes. Out of state buyers get a break on taxes.
^ +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres View Post
wow thats messed up I've been seeing alot of complaints about mobargins lately.
The thing about complaints is that everyone jumps on the bandwagon. To be fair, I think we do deal with quite a bit more customers than most as well. Here is an example of some of the positive threads from this past week alone:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574690
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573493
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573568
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573238
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574265
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574132
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573742
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573550
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489588
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568097
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571702
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=567712
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549099

Last edited by ModBargains.com; 08-24-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #11
curamie
Lieutenant
31

 
Drives: 08 e90 335i SG
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Irvine


Posts: 437
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike************ View Post
We appreciate and value your business. There really is no need for a thread here. All you had to do is call us or e-mail us, show us the quote you received, and if it's from a LEGIT RESELLER we would have issued you store credit towards your next purchase for the price difference. It wouldn't have been such a big deal, and really there is no reason for an imflammatory thread here.

We do our best to offer the lowest prices. COBB dictates to us that we cannot advertise this lower than $895. Being that we are a DIRECT AUTHORIZED dealer for COBB (you can look us up on their website, which you cannot say for some other dealers that we compete against) we have to play by their rules. This is because they support our company and our customers since we are direct with them.

We want to earn every customer, but making negative threads about a sale like this is uncalled for. This easily would have been resolved if you had just contacted us. It still can be resolved if you pick up the phone instead of blasting us from behind your keyboard and hurting our ability to succeed as a business.

I asked for best price picked up two times on the phone and gilbert told me 800 is best price you guys could do. And thank you for price matching system. I called you guys up to get better pricing not the price match!!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #12
Mike@ModBargains
United_States
21

 
Mike@ModBargains's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 1721 E Lambert Rd #C, La Habra, CA 90631


Posts: 407
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Mike@ModBargains
Quote:
Originally Posted by curamie View Post
I asked for best price picked up two times on the phone and gilbert told me 800 is best price you guys could do. And thank you for price matching system. I called you guys up to get better pricing not the price match!!
So you're complaining about getting a discount? We already violated COBB's pricing policy which risks our account standing with them just to price match another company (that isn't even direct with COBB) and earn your business and you're still pissed off at us?

You're still trying to blast us from behind a keyboard instead of calling us to work this out. Do you want a store credit or not buddy? Call or e-mail Gilbert and show him proof of a price match and we can work it out. We are trying to help you here but if you continue on with this thread when we are trying to earn your business that's not very fair to us and I am sure the forum members will agree.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #13
curamie
Lieutenant
31

 
Drives: 08 e90 335i SG
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Irvine


Posts: 437
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike************ View Post
So you're complaining about getting a discount? We already violated COBB's pricing policy which risks our account standing with them just to price match another company (that isn't even direct with COBB) and earn your business and you're still pissed off at us?

You're still trying to blast us from behind a keyboard instead of calling us to work this out. Do you want a store credit or not buddy? Call or e-mail Gilbert and show him proof of a price match and we can work it out. We are trying to help you here but if you continue on with this thread when we are trying to earn your business that's not very fair to us and I am sure the forum members will agree.
I dont need a store credit for overpriced products. And I am not doing this to get store credit. I am letting everyone knows what happened to me by dealing with **********s. And this is section where I write about experieces with vendors. I am waiting more forum members to see my thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #14
B.Corso
First Lieutenant
Germany
8

 
B.Corso's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bamberg, Germany


Posts: 359
iTrader: (3)

Sounds like **********s is being more than reasonable.

OP - Stop trying to be a keyboard hero, do some research, and shop around before making a purchase.
__________________
Performance |Dinan Stage 3 Software|Dinan IC|Dinan OC|UUC/Corsa Exhaust|Koni FSD Shocks and Struts|Eibach Spings|Hotchkis Anti Sway Bars|6MT|Style |Aero Lip|Aero Rear|M3 Spoiler|BMW Gloss Black Kidney Grills|BMW Aluminum Pedals|BMW LCI Tail Lights|HID Fog Lights|25%Tint|Advan AVS Model F7 19" Rims|Lux V3 AEs|Premium|Sport|Comfort Access|
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #15
PKL
Colonel
67

 
PKL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Santa Monica


Posts: 2,467
iTrader: (0)

Unrelated to this thread, the whole concept of "PM for a price" unfuriates me. Why can't the price be the same for everyone? If different taxes or shipping costs come in to play, fine, but the price for the ITEM should be the same for everyone. "PM for price" should be banned on this forum. EQUALITY FOR ALL
__________________
2011 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #16
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
410

 
SpmnE9zero's Avatar
 
Drives: JB 33ZERO
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: City of Champions


Posts: 35,576
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Geez o man guys, you are acting like they sold you some rubbish you didnt want or misled you to buy something that didnt fit.
They did nothing like that here. If you dont like their pricing go somewhere else. Very simple... they aren't the only gig in town.

Almost like a personal vendetta against them or something.
A rep from **********s made a comment pertaining to Cobbs pricing and violating their agreement with them. Do you guys understand the risk behind that? If they compromise their agreements they can lose their license to sell Cobb.
**********s has been around for quite some time now, and maybe this is why. Other smaller and less credible companies will come and go and for this reason right here. They lose their integrity with their suppliers and go down the crapper because they have no one beating down their door to get them products.

I agree with getting the best price, I am known for it on here (lol) but if I dont get it from a vendor, I dont go and bad mouth them.... srs come on guys how old are we here?
__________________
Eurocharged V5 | ROW's / CC Delete | K&N's | H&R Springs | Single Fin G.B. Grill | Mode Carbon Diffuser | JBSpeed CF Spoiler |
Arkym Style CF Splitter | CF Mirror Caps | 5% Tints | 12mm Spacers |
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #17
curamie
Lieutenant
31

 
Drives: 08 e90 335i SG
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Irvine


Posts: 437
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
Geez o man guys, you are acting like they sold you some rubbish you didnt want or misled you to buy something that didnt fit.
They did nothing like that here. If you dont like their pricing go somewhere else. Very simple... they aren't the only gig in town.

Almost like a personal vendetta against them or something.
A rep from **********s made a comment pertaining to Cobbs pricing and violating their agreement with them. Do you guys understand the risk behind that? If they compromise their agreements they can lose their license to sell Cobb.
**********s has been around for quite some time now, and maybe this is why. Other smaller and less credible companies will come and go and for this reason right here. They lose their integrity with their suppliers and go down the crapper because they have no one beating down their door to get them products.

I agree with getting the best price, I am known for it on here (lol) but if I dont get it from a vendor, I dont go and bad mouth them.... srs come on guys how old are we here?
What..do you work for **********s? I bet you do. Why do i need to care about their businesses? I am a consumer here that reporting for dishonest price. they will rip you off if you arent in the market for long enough. I have right to post this.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #18
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
410

 
SpmnE9zero's Avatar
 
Drives: JB 33ZERO
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: City of Champions


Posts: 35,576
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by curamie View Post
What..do you work for **********s? I bet you do. Why do i need to care about their businesses? I am a consumer here that reporting for dishonest price. they will rip you off if you arent in the market for long enough. I have right to post this.
Work for **********s... no.
Just a fellow enthusiast among the rest of you.

How is it a dishonest price?
They dont charge you 20.00 over the phone and hit 25.00 when charging you, they tell you pricing up front. You can decide to buy or not buy.

Listen I dont mean to try and tear you or your thread apart, but there are people on here who try and blame vendors for all their problems. When in reality, if the buyer just does a bit of research, they wont get burned. Like you... you knew better than to buy it for 800.00 so you didnt. I just dont get why you are so mad.
__________________
Eurocharged V5 | ROW's / CC Delete | K&N's | H&R Springs | Single Fin G.B. Grill | Mode Carbon Diffuser | JBSpeed CF Spoiler |
Arkym Style CF Splitter | CF Mirror Caps | 5% Tints | 12mm Spacers |
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #19
curamie
Lieutenant
31

 
Drives: 08 e90 335i SG
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Irvine


Posts: 437
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
Work for **********s... no.
Just a fellow enthusiast among the rest of you.

How is it a dishonest price?
They dont charge you 20.00 over the phone and hit 25.00 when charging you, they tell you pricing up front. You can decide to buy or not buy.

Listen I dont mean to try and tear you or your thread apart, but there are people on here who try and blame vendors for all their problems. When in reality, if the buyer just does a bit of research, they wont get burned. Like you... you knew better than to buy it for 800.00 so you didnt. I just dont get why you are so mad.
Can you link for the price below than 800 for cobb ap? When I serarched a bit 800 sounded fair since they said it is lowest price I can get. Well, then you are saying that we should never trust the price quote from vendor?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #20
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
410

 
SpmnE9zero's Avatar
 
Drives: JB 33ZERO
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: City of Champions


Posts: 35,576
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by curamie View Post
Can you link for the price below than 800 for cobb ap? When I serarched a bit 800 sounded fair since they said it is lowest price I can get. Well, then you are saying that we should never trust the price quote from vendor?
I am not trying to bash you or your thread, I guess I am just see things from both perspectives ya know.

I am glad you were able to find better pricing.
__________________
Eurocharged V5 | ROW's / CC Delete | K&N's | H&R Springs | Single Fin G.B. Grill | Mode Carbon Diffuser | JBSpeed CF Spoiler |
Arkym Style CF Splitter | CF Mirror Caps | 5% Tints | 12mm Spacers |
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #21
FastBimmerN54
Banned
Italy
6

 
Drives: Seats and a Steering Wheel
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Around


Posts: 376
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
Yep they are definitly not the best when it comes to price..should have hit up Jeff@topgearsolutions
Werd!

OP
Technically vendors are not allowed to sell below retail so you are lucky you got it for what you payed. Next time around you should be a better shopper. It's not the vendors fault you agreed to the pricing LOL
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #22
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
30

 
Drives: 335ix
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MD


Posts: 1,979
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by curamie View Post
What..do you work for **********s? I bet you do. Why do i need to care about their businesses? I am a consumer here that reporting for dishonest price. they will rip you off if you arent in the market for long enough. I have right to post this.
You seem to be completely overreacting here and I'm not sure what you want.

Every vendor is free to set their own pricing and it is up to the consumer to determine if that price is fair. If not, then the consumer should go elsewhere.

This holds true for cars, parts and toothbrushes.

If a store is willing to pricematch, then you should consider yourself lucky and have some assurance of getting a decent price.

I hate "call for price" but I understand it.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST