E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Share dealing - anyone dabble?

08-26-2011, 07:26 AM   #45
Nick999
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
Sounds too good to be true.
Some times it's like printing money. Made 750 over night with RBS yesterday. Bought back into Barc at 154 yeaterday PM, but now at 153. Hopfully go up this afternoon, but if not I dont mind holding for a few days. Not greedy, only want to see a 3% rise. Dont really need to deal every day, maybe just a couple of times a week to make good monthly profit!
      08-26-2011, 07:29 AM   #46
TikoV
Captain

Drives: BMW 335d/X5 40d

I've been dealing in shares since 2009...My initial purchases were GKP, TRP and Kopane Diamonds. The first two were multi-baggers and think I made about 300% on my investment. The thing is when to buy and when to sell as all of you know. Nothing wrong in buying in again the same stock...just look at RBS!! I bought some in 2009 at 12p, let them hit 50 odds, sold and used the profit elsewhere. Now, bought in at 19p and hopefully we should see it return back to 30-40 Q1 2012. The downside is where I'm currently sitting. One stock MTA has bombed like Baghdad...and down -70%. However, luckily Patagonia Gold has softened the blow and averaged down the losses.

Though I can't iterate do your own research and try not to listen rampers or derampers!! Websites such as RHPS, can and sometimes do come out a gem of a stock but it's far and few between.

Good luck all..
      08-26-2011, 07:33 AM   #47
mowflow
Colonel

Drives: F20 125d

Putting big amounts into guaranteed risers doesn't really require talent or luck. That's not a criticism. It's sensible money but a slow and steady way to make small profits and like has already been said, you need to put big amounts in to make it worth while.
mowflow is offline   Scotland
      08-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #48
Nick999
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
Putting big amounts into guaranteed risers doesn't really require talent or luck. That's not a criticism. It's sensible money but a slow and steady way to make small profits and like has already been said, you need to put big amounts in to make it worth while.
Good post

Yep play safe with blue chip companies. The more you can aford to put in the better the profit.. Sometimes investing 50k will only see a 400/500 return!