E90Post
 


Bimmertech
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #2223
Clap135
Brigadier General
 
Clap135's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 N54
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sticky's Mom House

Posts: 3,464
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Lol if he's FBO+meth he will beat a Cobb stage 2 car
pump for pump he has no chance
Clap135 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #2224
themyst
Major General
 
themyst's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,598
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
pump for pump he has no chance
I know a FBO 6AT no meth Procede guy, i should run him on stage 2 no meth and see how it does. Same tranny same mods.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
themyst is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #2225
Joshboody
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: pickemuptruck
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 1,704
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
I know a FBO 6AT no meth Procede guy, i should run him on stage 2 no meth and see how it does. Same tranny same mods.
that's a great race if this person has the right procede settings... let us know.

ps. +6 troll potion works well.
Joshboody is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #2226
themyst
Major General
 
themyst's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,598
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
I do wonder if the Procede is a true passthrough on map 0 though. I could daily the Cobb AP and unmarry/switch on race days, at least until ATR.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
themyst is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #2227
Clap135
Brigadier General
 
Clap135's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 N54
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sticky's Mom House

Posts: 3,464
iTrader: (1)

Usually the people who actually try the things in question comment on them, if they havn't tried it and still comment, then no troll potion will work.
Clap135 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #2228
gearheadred
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 335i e90 6mt
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chicago

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Cobb AP installed - thanks Jeff!

Ordered my Cobb from Jeff @ Top Gear Solutions on Monday. Received and installed it last night. Very impressed! Thanks Jeff, for the great customer service!
gearheadred is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #2229
Alan l.
Brigadier General
 
Alan l.'s Avatar
 
Drives: LCI M-Sport 550i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Coast

Posts: 4,263
iTrader: (8)

A little birdie told me that stage 2 is dropping in a week or two

Stage 1+FMIC shortly (very shortly) after that

Alan
__________________

2014 LCI 550i M Sport | 3D Design Front Spoiler | BMW Performance Black Grills | BMW Performance Trunk Lip | BMW Performance Diffuser | Painted Reflectors | Wincos 30% Tint | Supersprint Exhaust | ACSSprings | MORR VS8.2 Rims 20x10R and 20x9F | Michelin PSS Tires |||More Photos of my car here|||
Alan l. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #2230
O HELLA BMW
I <3 My E93
 
O HELLA BMW's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335i vert
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PA

Posts: 3,071
iTrader: (21)

i heard stage 2 was going to be released in april and it never did lol.. i hope your right alan b/c im thinking of waiting until stage 2 comes out
__________________
08 BMW 335i E93
**Stance will make B!tches Dance**
CCW LM5T coming soon
O HELLA BMW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #2231
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
 
vasillalov's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 4,123
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
You know what's funny? People are giving high praises to Cobb which are mostly well deserved, but ONLY a few of us have actually been able to compare GIAC to Cobb. I wonder what will some of the people who switched from piggybacks to Cobb say when they drive an FBO GIAC Stage 2 car...

P.S.:
I know from personal experience the difference between Stage 1 on Cobb and GIAC... Cobb is like an unrefined moon shine: it gives you the kicks but its a bit of a wild ride (throttle closures galore) as to where GIAC is more like a fine aged scotch: not as powerful but has outstanding drivability on the street and on the track.
__________________
Equal Opportunity Harasser!
6MT | COBB | AR | AE | Forge DV | HPF | P3 Gauge | Hybrid Intake | O.S.Giken TCD | M3 bits
BMWCCA #447439
vasillalov is offline   Bulgaria
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 11:57 PM   #2232
Stangorang
Major
 
Stangorang's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,200
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
Works fine....just like Meth on the stock tune. There's nothing outside of a failsafe to intergeate. The e u does all the work instantly.
So assuming there will be some hotter maps with Stage 2, how do you guys or how does Cobb plan to integrate meth for those wanting to run one of these maps on a daily basis without filling up with 100 octane? What sort of "failsafe" features will be implemented?

I still have a meth kit sitting here, just haven't felt the urge to slap it on yet.
Stangorang is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #2233
mithiral67
That guy
 
mithiral67's Avatar
 
Drives: mineral white 335is coupe
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 5,564
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
P.S.:
I know from personal experience the difference between Stage 1 on Cobb and GIAC... Cobb is like an unrefined moon shine: it gives you the kicks but its a bit of a wild ride (throttle closures galore) as to where GIAC is more like a fine aged scotch: not as powerful but has outstanding drivability on the street and on the track.
Well you're analogy is how i felt going piggy to cobb. So GIAC sounds amazing. If only they could provide it in a cobb like package.
mithiral67 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #2234
ducati955
Lieutenant Colonel
 
ducati955's Avatar
 
Drives: lifted tacoma on 38's & ducati
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: long island ny

Posts: 1,718
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Guys, use a BMS downpipe fix and leave it in there for service.
+1 i have it w no tune, cel went off instantly, my mechanic was like holy shiiit! this thing is great, no drive cycle on my car, love it..

next is fmic and a tune, i have fob other than that
__________________
car totaled out !!AW335i, oem aero lip, m3 csl rims, oem m3 sides, vorst csl carbon trunk, tinted, lowered on H&R sport, AR DP's, Bastauck dual exhaust, BMS intake, etc

NEW RIDE white GTR!
ducati955 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #2235
Wohsho
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: United States

Posts: 48
iTrader: (0)

is 230-240F normal for a stage 1 bone stock 93 map? The needle doesn't move past 240 no matter how hard i'm driving... but it still seems high... any suggestions?
Wohsho is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #2236
mithiral67
That guy
 
mithiral67's Avatar
 
Drives: mineral white 335is coupe
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 5,564
iTrader: (4)

240-250 is normal operating temp
mithiral67 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #2237
boom
could fuck up a rock fight...
 
Drives: 08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA

Posts: 1,233
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
You know what's funny? People are giving high praises to Cobb which are mostly well deserved, but ONLY a few of us have actually been able to compare GIAC to Cobb. I wonder what will some of the people who switched from piggybacks to Cobb say when they drive an FBO GIAC Stage 2 car...

P.S.:
I know from personal experience the difference between Stage 1 on Cobb and GIAC... Cobb is like an unrefined moon shine: it gives you the kicks but its a bit of a wild ride (throttle closures galore) as to where GIAC is more like a fine aged scotch: not as powerful but has outstanding drivability on the street and on the track.
WHatever dude. I have zero throttle closures with COBB on every map that I've used - on two different 335xis. I've got a stock car now and no troubles. I don't disagree that some experience throttle closures but I would bet anything they're caused because of breathing mods or some mechanical issue and not the tune.
boom is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #2238
Clap135
Brigadier General
 
Clap135's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 N54
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sticky's Mom House

Posts: 3,464
iTrader: (1)

I have zero throttle closures as well. The only thing they need to work on is making it more linear.
Clap135 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #2239
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
 
vasillalov's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 4,123
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
I have zero throttle closures as well. The only thing they need to work on is making it more linear.
So check this out:

Running v3.00 firmware and 93 octane map. Cruising normally on 6th gear on the highway on my way to botanical gardens. All of a sudden, there was a pop, the engine went into limp mode and the brake light came on the dash. I pulled over and with the engine idle-ing the rpm needle was wobbly - going down to 400 rpms and jumping up to 1000 rpms.

I shut off the engine, I popped the hood, inspected all the plumbing I could see and everything was normal. I started the car back again and everything was fine.

Came home, plugged the BT tool in and I pulled the following information out of the ECU:

Quote:
2D59:
2D59 DME digital motor electronics, internal failure: control actual torque??
Error will cause a warning light
Error is not currently present
Test conditions have been completed

Freeze Frame Information
Event 1Odometer 38488kms 23915miles
speed control 3,264.00 rpm
motor torque nominal value control 364.00 Nm
motor torquet actual value control 508.00 Nm
nominal value motor torque 0.00 Nm

Note the major difference between the nominal and actual torque values.

I don't know about what you think or believe, but Cobb has some serious work ahead of them.
__________________
Equal Opportunity Harasser!
6MT | COBB | AR | AE | Forge DV | HPF | P3 Gauge | Hybrid Intake | O.S.Giken TCD | M3 bits
BMWCCA #447439
vasillalov is offline   Bulgaria
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #2240
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
 
vasillalov's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 4,123
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
WHatever dude. I have zero throttle closures with COBB on every map that I've used - on two different 335xis. I've got a stock car now and no troubles. I don't disagree that some experience throttle closures but I would bet anything they're caused because of breathing mods or some mechanical issue and not the tune.
Funny you say that, but there are ZERO users reporting problems with GIAC software. When I had GIAC Stage 1, I had the EXACT same mods as now and the driveability was fantastic.
__________________
Equal Opportunity Harasser!
6MT | COBB | AR | AE | Forge DV | HPF | P3 Gauge | Hybrid Intake | O.S.Giken TCD | M3 bits
BMWCCA #447439
vasillalov is offline   Bulgaria
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #2241
Clap135
Brigadier General
 
Clap135's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 N54
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sticky's Mom House

Posts: 3,464
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
So check this out:

Running v3.00 firmware and 93 octane map. Cruising normally on 6th gear on the highway on my way to botanical gardens. All of a sudden, there was a pop, the engine went into limp mode and the brake light came on the dash. I pulled over and with the engine idle-ing the rpm needle was wobbly - going down to 400 rpms and jumping up to 1000 rpms.

I shut off the engine, I popped the hood, inspected all the plumbing I could see and everything was normal. I started the car back again and everything was fine.

Came home, plugged the BT tool in and I pulled the following information out of the ECU:




Note the major difference between the nominal and actual torque values.

I don't know about what you think or believe, but Cobb has some serious work ahead of them.
You do realize what caused this though right? The throttle in not linear, in some cases going 50 percent throttle in a high gear will go wot, no one wants to ever load up a car like that.

You want to start listing where GIAC needs improvement? Cause that list is alot longer

1. It slower
2. You can't install it
3. You can't log with it
4. You can't clear codes with it
5. You have to pay for additional maps

Like I said many times, personally i dont care about staged maps, the only thing I personally care about is the release of ATR
Clap135 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #2242
kdiggz
Captain
 
kdiggz's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 ///M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY

Posts: 604
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
You do realize what caused this though right? The throttle in not linear, in some cases going 50 percent throttle in a high gear will go wot, no one wants to ever load up a car like that.

You want to start listing where GIAC needs improvement? Cause that list is alot longer

1. It slower
2. You can't install it
3. You can't log with it
4. You can't clear codes with it
5. You have to pay for additional maps

Like I said many times, personally i dont care about staged maps, the only thing I personally care about is the release of ATR
+1. Glad you are liking GIAC but you got ripped off. When ATR comes out and all of our cars are running better/faster than yours then you will want to sell it and get Cobb. Oh wait...you can't. Oops. That money is gone forever

So add #6 to that list: Resale value. I bought my cobb for $750 and I'll probably sell it for $700 when I'm done
kdiggz is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #2243
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
 
vasillalov's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 4,123
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
You do realize what caused this though right? The throttle in not linear, in some cases going 50 percent throttle in a high gear will go wot, no one wants to ever load up a car like that.

You want to start listing where GIAC needs improvement? Cause that list is alot longer

1. It slower
2. You can't install it
3. You can't log with it
4. You can't clear codes with it
5. You have to pay for additional maps

Like I said many times, personally i dont care about staged maps, the only thing I personally care about is the release of ATR

Dude, save it. I respect your technical knowledge and the amount if info you are contributing here, but I think you don't know what you are talking about.

I was CRUISING in 6th gear. Not accelerating, not slowing down, I was maintaining constant speed. How much do you need to press the gas pedal on your car to keep it cruising? On mine: barely! That's not even 50% throttle. Probably under 20%. Shiit, the car idles at 11% throttle angle.

Cobb:
1. Poor driveability on the track. Impossible to modulate the throttle correctly when coming out of a corner. Imprecise power delivery and boost control.
2. Lots of people seeing throttle closures.
3. Lots of people seeing DTCs and all kinds of other weird issues.
4. Can't switch maps instantly. Must turn off engine.

GIAC:
1. Yes you can log it. Use a BT tool and it logs everything for you.
2. Yes you can clear codes with it. Use BT tool to do everything you need.
3. Instant map switching with the hand-held switcher.
4. ZERO, ABSOLUTELY ZERO complaints from every single GIAC user.

In all honestly, so fucking what that GIAC is bit slower than Cobb!! It's driveability is MILES above it. When it comes down to driving on the track, I am willing to bet you anything that a good driver with a well sorted tune will perform a lot better than the same driver with a choppy unrefined tune.

When are you people going to learn that 1/4 mile runs and dyno numbers DO NOT tell the whole story!

</rant>
__________________
Equal Opportunity Harasser!
6MT | COBB | AR | AE | Forge DV | HPF | P3 Gauge | Hybrid Intake | O.S.Giken TCD | M3 bits
BMWCCA #447439

Last edited by vasillalov; 08-27-2011 at 07:31 PM.
vasillalov is offline   Bulgaria
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2011, 07:27 PM   #2244
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
 
vasillalov's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 4,123
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdiggz View Post
So add #6 to that list: Resale value. I bought my cobb for $750 and I'll probably sell it for $700 when I'm done
Umm why would you want to sell something that works not just well, but it works GREAT?

Are you leasing your car perhaps?
__________________
Equal Opportunity Harasser!
6MT | COBB | AR | AE | Forge DV | HPF | P3 Gauge | Hybrid Intake | O.S.Giken TCD | M3 bits
BMWCCA #447439
vasillalov is offline   Bulgaria
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST