E90Post
 


Alpine HID
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > new to bmw... need opinions for mods please!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
pn_e92
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 LCI 328i M Sport White/Red
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -

Posts: 509
iTrader: (1)

Cool new to bmw... need opinions for mods please!

a

Last edited by pn_e92; 04-01-2014 at 10:20 PM.
pn_e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 01:09 AM   #2
c_jeong89
Banned
 
Drives: E90 TiAg
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Irvine/Bay Area

Posts: 2,098
iTrader: (16)

i'll just give a few comments. Window tints, yes I have 35% and it's nice and subtle. I have black interior so I am not sure how it would look like with red. Spacers, yes if you don't plan on getting aftermarket wheels. Not sure how wide you need them my guess is anywhere between 12-15mm? Since it is a lease, I myself would keep it simple and easily reversible.
c_jeong89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 06:23 AM   #3
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
 
shazzy04's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 E90 6Spd Bsm
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 1,791
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to shazzy04 Send a message via MSN to shazzy04
Congrats and welcome

I would probably say 35% is nice because you want to see your interior.

I have rpi scoops as opposed to cyba. A little cosmetic difference, but the same thing. I like mine for cosmetic purposes.

imo i think debadging looks cleaner.

With coding you can do a lot of things. some examples are close your side mirrors (for earlier cars like mine), turn off the seatbelt chime, and some other neat tricks.

Car looks clean.
__________________

07 E90 328i| Eurocharged | Black Kidney Grille | GP Thunder 8.5k Halogens | aFe Dry Intake | BSM Splitters | C/F Emblems | Muffler Delete | 20mm Spacers | Blacklines | Rpi Air Scoops | CF Wrapped Trim| Rho Plate | Powdercoated 197s | Koni Yellows | H&R Sport
shazzy04 is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
benzo23
Colonel
 
benzo23's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: FL

Posts: 2,884
iTrader: (1)

You car is fine as is, Its very clean and I wouldn't ruin it with a bunch of crap, IF it were mine...

Debadge the 328 from the rear
Tint, ( I prefer dark so personally would go with 15% all around)
Bmw Performance Exhaust


and be done with it...id take that M fast sticker off the side too, looks lame and out of place.


This about sums it up start at 1.25

benzo23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
pn_e92
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 LCI 328i M Sport White/Red
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -

Posts: 509
iTrader: (1)

thanks for comments
pn_e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
pn_e92
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 LCI 328i M Sport White/Red
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -

Posts: 509
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo23 View Post
You car is fine as is, Its very clean and I wouldn't ruin it with a bunch of crap, IF it were mine...

Debadge the 328 from the rear
Tint, ( I prefer dark so personally would go with 15% all around)
Bmw Performance Exhaust


and be done with it...id take that M fast sticker off the side too, looks lame and out of place.


This about sums it up start at 1.25

nice vid haha and I agree 100%

but I don't want to pay a thousand dollars for an exhaust for a car on a lease.

Anything else that's cheaper and worthy of buying?
Again, I don't care about performance.
I only care about sound and design.
pn_e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #7
TommyK
Brigadier General
 
TommyK's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 3,326
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i LCI  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to TommyK
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_jeong89 View Post
i'll just give a few comments. Window tints, yes I have 35% and it's nice and subtle. I have black interior so I am not sure how it would look like with red. Spacers, yes if you don't plan on getting aftermarket wheels. Not sure how wide you need them my guess is anywhere between 12-15mm? Since it is a lease, I myself would keep it simple and easily reversible.
I totally agree.

Good advice Chris

Good looking car too
TommyK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
pn_e92
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 LCI 328i M Sport White/Red
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -

Posts: 509
iTrader: (1)

Tints getting done as I write this. I'll post pics when they are done.

Last edited by pn_e92; 09-02-2011 at 07:31 PM.
pn_e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #9
Vesar
Lieutenant
 
Vesar's Avatar
 
Drives: 320i Ε92 M-Sport
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece

Posts: 488
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 320i  [5.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to Vesar Send a message via Skype™ to Vesar
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo23 View Post
You car is fine as is, Its very clean and I wouldn't ruin it with a bunch of crap, IF it were mine...

Debadge the 328 from the rear
Tint, ( I prefer dark so personally would go with 15% all around)
Bmw Performance Exhaust


and be done with it...id take that M fast sticker off the side too, looks lame and out of place.


This about sums it up start at 1.25

Totally agrre with you! The only thing i dont like is the red emblems..
Vesar is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #10
Zoraster
First Lieutenant
 
Zoraster's Avatar
 
Drives: E36, E82, E90
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The First State

Posts: 339
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesar View Post
The only thing i dont like is the red emblems..
Must agree. Look like crap. No hate.
Zoraster is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #11
edirtaynine
Major General
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 6,094
iTrader: (0)

front lip
edirtaynine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 07:42 PM   #12
pn_e92
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 LCI 328i M Sport White/Red
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -

Posts: 509
iTrader: (1)

so here are the updated pics after tint and brought home...




Red interior is visible up close, but not really from far away or back window.
Obviously front window is not tinted, so can see red perfectly from there.
pn_e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #13
pn_e92
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 LCI 328i M Sport White/Red
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -

Posts: 509
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesar View Post
Totally agrre with you! The only thing i dont like is the red emblems..
I get mixed responses with red emblems. It's either a love or hate, but I think imma keep them for now. I personally think it looks better in person.

plus i wanna add more red to my car, its sorta a theme i got going on.

Red interior, red Crooks & Castles medusa hanging on rear view mirror, red emblems, tail lights are red.
btw, I also have red hair



Crooks & Castles Red Medallion
pn_e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #14
JunkStory
Major
 
Drives: naked.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 98230

Posts: 1,171
iTrader: (3)

nice car and very nice neighborhood.. love that house in the back
JunkStory is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #15
pn_e92
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 LCI 328i M Sport White/Red
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -

Posts: 509
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
front lip
what kind/color? from where?

I have seen on some cars, but it's like ehh

I feel like its good to prevent scratches on bottom of car though
pn_e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #16
pn_e92
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 LCI 328i M Sport White/Red
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -

Posts: 509
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkStory View Post
nice car and very nice neighborhood.. love that house in the back
thanks!
pn_e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #17
pn_e92
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 LCI 328i M Sport White/Red
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -

Posts: 509
iTrader: (1)

few more things please...

SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME BEST PRICES!!!

1. Spacers - friend offered me his used spacers for $80. They are H&R 15mm. He says only put on back wheels. front is dangerous and I don't need it?

2. HID fog lights - I want them to match my front lights as much as possible. I don't want them to be sooo bright to blind drivers, but I want them strong and white for day and night time use.

3. Exhaust - Again, I do not care about performance at all! All I care about aesthetics and sound. I want a nice aggressive sound. Nothing that sounds dirty. Something clean and unique sounding.

I want to keep my car clean, and besides what I have done and ^^^ I think I am done. Anything missing? Comments? Opinions?

Thanks!
pn_e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #18
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,295
iTrader: (86)

On the spacers 10s/12s is probably a good way to go. Many runs 15s in the back but you can get a little rubbing with them on large bumps.





Mike@N54Tuning.com is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #19
pn_e92
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 LCI 328i M Sport White/Red
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -

Posts: 509
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
On the spacers 10s/12s is probably a good way to go. Many runs 15s in the back but you can get a little rubbing with them on large bumps.





please pm me best pricing on 15mm spacers. i might need one pair for my back wheels if I decide to do it. if price it worth it I'll do it, otherwise I rather use my money for better exhaust


Thanks!
pn_e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2011, 09:38 AM   #20
benzo23
Colonel
 
benzo23's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: FL

Posts: 2,884
iTrader: (1)

Dont you dare think about putting a front lip on that gorgeous M sport front end! I think your car is fine the way it is now, and i know you dont want to spend the money on the bmw performance exhaust, BUT its well worth the money in every way shape and form. Plus keep your old exhaust for when you trade it back in and sell the PE...makes logical sense. I mean how long is the lease? 24? 36? either way your with the car for a cpl of years. I GUARANTEE that after you get the PE put on and its broken in you wont give 2 shits about the money you spent...
benzo23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #21
pn_e92
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 LCI 328i M Sport White/Red
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -

Posts: 509
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo23 View Post
Dont you dare think about putting a front lip on that gorgeous M sport front end! I think your car is fine the way it is now, and i know you dont want to spend the money on the bmw performance exhaust, BUT its well worth the money in every way shape and form. Plus keep your old exhaust for when you trade it back in and sell the PE...makes logical sense. I mean how long is the lease? 24? 36? either way your with the car for a cpl of years. I GUARANTEE that after you get the PE put on and its broken in you wont give 2 shits about the money you spent...
hell no am I putting a front lip! I haven't found any that look nice, I see them mostly as protection from scratches honestly.

regarding PE, I'm not really a crazy car fanatic, just want it to sound aggressive. my friend knows someone who can install something for $200 everything included. so idk. is it really worth paying $1,451.15 for the BMW OEM PE?! if i bought car, for sure yes. I got 2 years on lease left from january. but then how easily can i sell it for?


any videos or reviews or recordings of it on an 2011 e92?
thanks!

below is the link for the exhaust...
http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDet...edium=referral

Last edited by pn_e92; 09-06-2011 at 07:59 PM. Reason: corrected BMW PE price
pn_e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #22
benzo23
Colonel
 
benzo23's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: FL

Posts: 2,884
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parham2652 View Post
hell no am I putting a front lip! I haven't found any that look nice, I see them mostly as protection from scratches honestly.

regarding PE, I'm not really a crazy car fanatic, just want it to sound aggressive. my friend knows someone who can install something for $200 everything included. so idk. is it really worth paying $1,451.15 for the BMW OEM PE?! if i bought car, for sure yes. I got 2 years on lease left from january. but then how easily can i sell it for?


any videos or reviews or recordings of it on an 2011 e92?
thanks!

below is the link for the exhaust...
http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDet...edium=referral
you can get it cheaper then that i believe some ppl on here got it new for 1100? and you still have a year and a half...its still worth it, and the turn around to sell a PE on this forum is easy, you wont get what you have in it but ive seen them go for anywhere 500-800...so the hit isant that bad...here is a good video covering all angles...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5x9EMFts98
benzo23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
328 coupe, m package, new member, red, white

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST