E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Official New England Chat Forum (#2)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #551
hmmcolor
Second Lieutenant
 
hmmcolor's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boston

Posts: 259
iTrader: (0)

Hot. Get the cracks fixed? Keeping the CS7s?
__________________
2000 Dodge Dakota 4.7
2007 335i 6MT
hmmcolor is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #552
TL
Brigadier General
 
TL's Avatar
 
Drives: Happy on H&R coil overs
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Hub

Posts: 3,100
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.50]
thanks, yep I'm keeping the CS7 cuz i'm still not sure how i feel about the black wheels...bit too aggressive for me. If i do go with them i feel i would have to black out my window trim and get black kidney grille to go with the "murder out look"
TL is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #553
hmmcolor
Second Lieutenant
 
hmmcolor's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boston

Posts: 259
iTrader: (0)

They do completely change the look. Or maybe I'm just used to seeing your car in HDR
__________________
2000 Dodge Dakota 4.7
2007 335i 6MT
hmmcolor is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #554
ibeclueless
What
 
ibeclueless's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 328xi
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Quincy, MA

Posts: 9,334
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL View Post
thanks, yep I'm keeping the CS7 cuz i'm still not sure how i feel about the black wheels...bit too aggressive for me. If i do go with them i feel i would have to black out my window trim and get black kidney grille to go with the "murder out look"
looks pretty good to me but definitely need to black everything else out
__________________
E92 328xi Space Gray
Aero Lip | M3 Side Skirts | CF Performance Spoiler | ACS Roof | Gloss Black Grilles | LUX H8 Angels | BMW Performance Exhaust

My E92 Photos
ibeclueless is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #555
TL
Brigadier General
 
TL's Avatar
 
Drives: Happy on H&R coil overs
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Hub

Posts: 3,100
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeclueless View Post
looks pretty good to me but definitely need to black everything else out
and that means spending some $$ as i would have to fix 2 of the rims and get the trims wrap in black and get black kidneys.....i think about that next summer
TL is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #556
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
 
dwells's Avatar
 
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New England

Posts: 1,511
iTrader: (5)

Those of you running 335is, are any of you rocking a tune? It's getting to that point where I want some more power (car's feeling a bit sluggish lately, I wish there was a nearby dyno). However, I still have the CPO warranty and go to the dealer for everything including oil changes, so the thought of having to get into the ECU and remove a PROcede/JB4 each time kinda bothers me. Leaning toward the COBB at this point just for ease of use.

How much do you think I'm going to harm my car running a fairly conservative tune (hoping for 370hp-ish after an intake and tune)? I don't want to have to deal with blown turbos at 100K and I've seen people on here complaining about blown turbos. Is powertrain damage something I really need to worry about it, or is that something that only happens in the 450hp/meth injection range?
__________________
| 335i coupe | Monaco Blue | JB4 G5 ISO | Style 313M | Huper 40% tint | Aero lip | CSL trunk spoiler | M3 sideskirts
| Paint-matched grilles | Painted reflectors | GP Thunder II angel eyes | Smoked LED sidemarkers | Self-coded |
dwells is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #557
cyphr
Major
 
cyphr's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335xi coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,216
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL View Post
and that means spending some $$ as i would have to fix 2 of the rims and get the trims wrap in black and get black kidneys.....i think about that next summer
Do eeeeeet! You know what they say about going black....

Also, I can't see your pic of the wheels mounted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Those of you running 335is, are any of you rocking a tune? It's getting to that point where I want some more power (car's feeling a bit sluggish lately, I wish there was a nearby dyno). However, I still have the CPO warranty and go to the dealer for everything including oil changes, so the thought of having to get into the ECU and remove a PROcede/JB4 each time kinda bothers me. Leaning toward the COBB at this point just for ease of use.

How much do you think I'm going to harm my car running a fairly conservative tune (hoping for 370hp-ish after an intake and tune)? I don't want to have to deal with blown turbos at 100K and I've seen people on here complaining about blown turbos. Is powertrain damage something I really need to worry about it, or is that something that only happens in the 450hp/meth injection range?
JB4 would be be a good choice for your needs. It's really not that hard to remove it as long as you get the PnP harness.
cyphr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #558
TL
Brigadier General
 
TL's Avatar
 
Drives: Happy on H&R coil overs
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Hub

Posts: 3,100
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphr View Post
Do eeeeeet! You know what they say about going black....

Also, I can't see your pic of the wheels mounted.



JB4 would be be a good choice for your needs. It's really not that hard to remove it as long as you get the PnP harness.
what's ur email address, i'll send you the link
TL is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #559
TL
Brigadier General
 
TL's Avatar
 
Drives: Happy on H&R coil overs
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Hub

Posts: 3,100
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.50]
never mind, i found it and sent it to ur gmail
TL is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #560
cyphr
Major
 
cyphr's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335xi coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,216
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL View Post
never mind, i found it and sent it to ur gmail
Got it. Looks great as it is. Aggressive but still classy, no need to go with the full murder look. I say fix em and run em. And while you're having a blast with your new wheels I'll make sure your CS7s aren't neglected
cyphr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #561
TL
Brigadier General
 
TL's Avatar
 
Drives: Happy on H&R coil overs
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Hub

Posts: 3,100
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphr View Post
Got it. Looks great as it is. Aggressive but still classy, no need to go with the full murder look. I say fix em and run em. And while you're having a blast with your new wheels I'll make sure your CS7s aren't neglected
thanks, i think there's a line of ppl interested to also know what i plan to do with my CS7s
TL is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2011, 08:07 AM   #562
darkrom
Lieutenant Colonel
 
darkrom's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Shore MA

Posts: 1,521
iTrader: (3)

Well I test fitted the replica Mtech rear last night Horrible horrible fitment. I hope to get my cash back and maybe save for the OEM mtech kit after the winter.
darkrom is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #563
TL
Brigadier General
 
TL's Avatar
 
Drives: Happy on H&R coil overs
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Hub

Posts: 3,100
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Well I test fitted the replica Mtech rear last night Horrible horrible fitment. I hope to get my cash back and maybe save for the OEM mtech kit after the winter.
hope you didnt pay a lot for it.......i got a replica aero kit and the fit wasn't as great but i decided to just keep it
TL is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #564
cyphr
Major
 
cyphr's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335xi coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,216
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Well I test fitted the replica Mtech rear last night Horrible horrible fitment. I hope to get my cash back and maybe save for the OEM mtech kit after the winter.
How far off is it? Usually aftermarket kits and even OEM need a bit "massaging" to fit well. If it's way off then it might be a good idea to ask for a return.
cyphr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2011, 12:31 PM   #565
darkrom
Lieutenant Colonel
 
darkrom's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Shore MA

Posts: 1,521
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphr View Post
How far off is it? Usually aftermarket kits and even OEM need a bit "massaging" to fit well. If it's way off then it might be a good idea to ask for a return.
I've dealt with aftermarket before and my buddy helping me has built a few race cars and works for BMW. This was way past the usual massaging I almost expect from aftermarket. It is past wailing lol. Definitely not fitting close to right. Even if it did the material really sucks too. Hopefully I hear back real soon.
darkrom is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #566
cyphr
Major
 
cyphr's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335xi coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,216
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphr View Post
How far off is it? Usually aftermarket kits and even OEM need a bit "massaging" to fit well. If it's way off then it might be a good idea to ask for a return.
I've dealt with aftermarket before and my buddy helping me has built a few race cars and works for BMW. This was way past the usual massaging I almost expect from aftermarket. It is past wailing lol. Definitely not fitting close to right. Even if it did the material really sucks too. Hopefully I hear back real soon.
Sounds pretty bad all around. Hope it works out for ya. Do you mind pming me the name of the company?
cyphr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #567
darkrom
Lieutenant Colonel
 
darkrom's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Shore MA

Posts: 1,521
iTrader: (3)

I can try to look up the name of the company, but I got in on a group buy with another member here. The member from here is a good guy and easy to work with so I don't blame him at all. He handled basically everything for me so I have to look to even find out the company name. No need to PM it either, it should be open for discussion. I mean I can't imagine any company sells nothing but poorly fitting parts. Bad fitment happens, as long as they give me my money back then they are still a good company in my book.
darkrom is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #568
TL
Brigadier General
 
TL's Avatar
 
Drives: Happy on H&R coil overs
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Hub

Posts: 3,100
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.50]

World Trade Center by GQjai, on Flickr
TL is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #569
3_runner
Second Lieutenant
 
3_runner's Avatar
 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cape Cod

Posts: 197
iTrader: (1)

Great Pics, especially 9-11 tribute lights and freedom tower.
3_runner is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #570
TL
Brigadier General
 
TL's Avatar
 
Drives: Happy on H&R coil overs
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Hub

Posts: 3,100
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.50]
thanks
TL is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #571
jopa489
BMW/Detailing Addict
 
jopa489's Avatar
 
Drives: Estoril F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New England

Posts: 6,561
iTrader: (8)

I think I've finally settled on waiting for F30 rather than ordering an E92 now. Might even wait for F32, but don't know if I can hold out that long.

The new car bug sucks..
__________________

jopa489 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #572
darkrom
Lieutenant Colonel
 
darkrom's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Shore MA

Posts: 1,521
iTrader: (3)

TL I've never been particularly interested in photography, but your pics make me stop and check it out every single time. Nice work.


Jopa I wish I had those kind of problems lol.
darkrom is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST