E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Jobs for grads!!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-09-2011, 02:36 AM   #45
my nuts on your face
Banned
1
Rep
38
Posts

 
Drives: bigger than yours
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: your mom's twat

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
Stay focused, good grades will never hurt you, just remember to have fun. Youth truly is wasted on the young. i worked and went to school and didn't really have the "college experience" something I occasionally regret, however there are some benefits.

I also believe that the most important things that you learn in college are social skills, and how to ask (internally and literally) the right questions. All the good grades in the world won't get you past a bad interview.

Wow, do I sound like an old dude who has had a couple drinks and is having an episode....huh
I completely agree. I didn't get, and am not getting, the "college experience" either. I'm 29 and back in school. That's the big reason i'm taking it seriously. I'm too old to f*ck around this time! Haha. I just wanna do the best i can and hopefully retain some of it! Lol
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 06:08 AM   #46
slo_guy
Lieutenant
slo_guy's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
401
Posts

 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles, Ca

iTrader: (3)

CSC is an excellent company to work for. I've worked for both competitors in the past (IBM Global Services and EDS), and if you are looking for a resume builder and good experience, you should take advantage of doing Oracle for them. A close friend of mine started there and left to do Oracle consulting. He makes about $220K and works from home 80% of the time. Just my .02...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #47
Slops
Major General
Slops's Avatar
South Africa
61
Rep
5,367
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_guy View Post
CSC is an excellent company to work for. I've worked for both competitors in the past (IBM Global Services and EDS), and if you are looking for a resume builder and good experience, you should take advantage of doing Oracle for them. A close friend of mine started there and left to do Oracle consulting. He makes about $220K and works from home 80% of the time. Just my .02...
Thanks man, I graduated in 2004 and I'm up there already! It's not only great to get CSC on your resume, but think of all the experience you gain be working for them as they put you on projects with other great companies as well! If you ask me it's the best thing you can do early in your career for a thousand reasons. One biggest being a huge buildup of references and experiences on projects! That way when you get older you may have a better idea for what type of company or industry you want to finally work in and settle down!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 07:59 AM   #48
Express
Major General
Express's Avatar
Israel
129
Rep
8,701
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Promise Land

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [4.15]
Quote:
Originally Posted by my nuts on your face View Post
I completely agree. I didn't get, and am not getting, the "college experience" either. I'm 29 and back in school. That's the big reason i'm taking it seriously. I'm too old to f*ck around this time! Haha. I just wanna do the best i can and hopefully retain some of it! Lol
so you spent too much time with your nuts on someones face
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #49
my nuts on your face
Banned
1
Rep
38
Posts

 
Drives: bigger than yours
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: your mom's twat

iTrader: (0)

^^^pretty much, but she liked it! Lol
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #50
jasonX
First Lieutenant
4
Rep
361
Posts

 
Drives: 09 e92 335i 6-Speed
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (5)

Too bad your target cities don't include NJ/NY metro area. I just finished my Masters in BIS.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #51
Slops
Major General
Slops's Avatar
South Africa
61
Rep
5,367
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonX View Post
Too bad your target cities don't include NJ/NY metro area. I just finished my Masters in BIS.
Hey, that doesn't prevent you from trying to join CSC. Check out their careers page and mention me as your referral. There are a ton of jobs in NY that I know for a fact!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST