E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Ottawa Members Thread (#2)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #419
laser99
Private
 
laser99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
M3 / Rainbow / Sunset in one photo.
I was surprised to see a rainbow at sunset last night as I stopped to fill up on the way to the grocery store:



Anyone else in the East End notice this strange phenomenon?
Nice photo !
laser99 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2011, 01:01 PM   #420
clairvoyant
Major
 
clairvoyant's Avatar
 
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 4519′20″N, 7550′0″W

Posts: 1,033
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 335i  [2.62]
Question

Does anybody here want to help me installing a RPI intercooler (for the price of beer or lunch or dinner [the price cannot be combined])?
clairvoyant is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #421
ns2000x
Converted
 
ns2000x's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post
Does anybody here want to help me installing a RPI intercooler (for the price of beer or lunch or dinner [the price cannot be combined])?
My immediate projects are all house DIY. I haven't even had time to wash my car for a month now.
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
ns2000x is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #422
duong
New Member
 
Drives: BMW Z4
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

hey guys,

i have a z4 atm 2003 (non-xenon) i was wondering if you know anywhere that will do a xenon conversion + angel eyes?

Thanks
duong is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #423
ns2000x
Converted
 
ns2000x's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Jerez Black / Fox Red / Aluminum Trim / Pre-Lci / 220M M3

Jerez Black / Fox Red / Aluminum Trim / Pre-Lci / 220M E90 M3

Last night I was driving my wife's GTi home from Rona with a trunk full of bamboo flooring when I saw a flock of Mustangs and a dark BMW pull in to the parking lot.

I realized it was an E90 M that looked very similar to mine, so I did the car guy (stalker) thing and looped around, parked and walked over to the guy getting out of his car with all of his Mustang buddies.

I mentioned my car is very similar and we chatted a little bit about any others we had seen. I'm pretty sure he felt I was full of shit as he watched me climb back in my wife's red GTi and crawl out of the parking lot.

__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
ns2000x is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #424
clairvoyant
Major
 
clairvoyant's Avatar
 
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 4519′20″N, 7550′0″W

Posts: 1,033
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 335i  [2.62]
Cool

I had no shame in the game two years ago. I got on the OC Transpo bus after talking to a M3 owner. Then we met on the BMW 5 series launch party at Otto's. Yes, I was drunk and disorderly too at that party [yet entertaining enough not to be kicked out of the event].


Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
Jerez Black / Fox Red / Aluminum Trim / Pre-Lci / 220M E90 M3
Last night I was driving my wife's GTi home from Rona with a trunk full of bamboo flooring when I saw a flock of Mustangs and a dark BMW pull in to the parking lot.
I realized it was an E90 M that looked very similar to mine, so I did the car guy (stalker) thing and looped around, parked and walked over to the guy getting out of his car with all of his Mustang buddies.
I mentioned my car is very similar and we chatted a little bit about any others we had seen. I'm pretty sure he felt I was full of shit as he watched me climb back in my wife's red GTi and crawl out of the parking lot.

clairvoyant is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #425
ns2000x
Converted
 
ns2000x's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
hey guys,

i have a z4 atm 2003 (non-xenon) i was wondering if you know anywhere that will do a xenon conversion + angel eyes?

Thanks
I'm not sure about the conversions for BMW's. In the past I've used conversion kits that just replace the halogen bulbs with HID units and accompanying ballasts and there are lots of options to pick them up. Just determine the bulb fitment on your Z4 (for example my Audi was H7). Expect to pay between $250 and $325 for a set.

I bet you can get sets for less in the USA right now.
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
ns2000x is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #426
duong
New Member
 
Drives: BMW Z4
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

i actually have a set... from whati know it is what many z4 owners use but how good are they? i feel like they could screw something up.
duong is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #427
AeroTriGuy
New Member
 
Drives: 2006 Arctic 330xi
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

so...was at petsmart today and a blue yaris put a nice door ding stripe on my front passenger door handle...after waiting for 2 hours I left a note with number

guy did the right thing and called...got his name, number and insurance info...

So...2 questions:

1. Where should I go to get an estimate to fix it
2. should I still report this? (police etc)
AeroTriGuy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #428
AeroTriGuy
New Member
 
Drives: 2006 Arctic 330xi
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
hey guys,

i have a z4 atm 2003 (non-xenon) i was wondering if you know anywhere that will do a xenon conversion + angel eyes?

Thanks
I picked up a set for my civic from a place in the states...paid 150 or so including shipping duties etc. most kits are plug and play...plug connection from old bulb into ballast, plug ballast into HID and you're good to go...

the only hiccup, I believe (but not 100% sure) is that in (some of) the newer cars they detect an issue if you change your bulbs (e.g. your bulbs are out message) but I am pretty sure there are ways around it...

try one of the forum sponsors, I believe they have kits but I cant say I've used them...
AeroTriGuy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #429
MirelZ
New Member
 
MirelZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 325xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Quebec

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

sup all, im a new owner of an e90 in ottawa/gatineau region

anyone know a good spot to repaint my front bumper? it has a little chip on the bottom part and a good sand/repaint is needed

pics:

you can see it a little bit , left bottom corner
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4301/e901r.jpg
MirelZ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #430
Etch52
Most roads are too short and too straight
 
Drives: 2007 M Coupe - Premium Package
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ottawa, ON

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MirelZ View Post
sup all, im a new owner of an e90 in ottawa/gatineau region

anyone know a good spot to repaint my front bumper? it has a little chip on the bottom part and a good sand/repaint is needed
Otto's on Hunt Club brought in a fellow (Ty I think was his name) from the Richmond Road location (Otto's Subaru) for minor work on my Coupe. Great job and inexpensive. He fixed a front fang for me after I touched a curb with my M coupe.
__________________
2010 Honda Pilot Touring, 2011 328i xDrive Sport Coupe, 2007 M Coupe
Etch52 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #431
ns2000x
Converted
 
ns2000x's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch52 View Post
Otto's on Hunt Club brought in a fellow (Ty I think was his name) from the Richmond Road location (Otto's Subaru) for minor work on my Coupe. Great job and inexpensive. He fixed a front fang for me after I touched a curb with my M coupe.
Sexy looking M-Coupe!
Must see at a meet.
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
ns2000x is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2011, 04:32 AM   #432
rvladescu
335d
 
rvladescu's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

I can attest that Ottos did an amazing paint job on my front bumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch52 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MirelZ View Post
sup all, im a new owner of an e90 in ottawa/gatineau region

anyone know a good spot to repaint my front bumper? it has a little chip on the bottom part and a good sand/repaint is needed
Otto's on Hunt Club brought in a fellow (Ty I think was his name) from the Richmond Road location (Otto's Subaru) for minor work on my Coupe. Great job and inexpensive. He fixed a front fang for me after I touched a curb with my M coupe.
rvladescu is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2011, 04:34 AM   #433
rvladescu
335d
 
rvladescu's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Do you guys know anyone in Ottawa with a 335d sport package or m package? I need a vin in order to find the part number for ZSP springs
rvladescu is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #434
ns2000x
Converted
 
ns2000x's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvladescu View Post
Do you guys know anyone in Ottawa with a 335d sport package or m package? I need a vin in order to find the part number for ZSP springs
Sorry Rob,
you are the only guy I know with a 335d.
A guy on the M3 forum in Toronto (4nroots) has a 2011 335d but I'm not sure if it has the sport package, I can only assume that it does however. You could try sending him a PM.

Say James with the Jerez M3 sedan thought he might be able to help.
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
ns2000x is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #435
clairvoyant
Major
 
clairvoyant's Avatar
 
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 4519′20″N, 7550′0″W

Posts: 1,033
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 335i  [2.62]
Question

Try WBAPN7C50BA950661

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvladescu View Post
Do you guys know anyone in Ottawa with a 335d sport package or m package? I need a vin in order to find the part number for ZSP springs
clairvoyant is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #436
TheRox
Colonel
 
TheRox's Avatar
 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

Posts: 2,312
iTrader: (2)

I'm selling my 18" style 313 wheels with michelin pilot super sport tires in the general section

and a roof rack, new
and 10 oil filters, new in bag
and a set of wiper blades, new in box

all from tischer bmw, maryland. all local.

pm me if questions arise.
TheRox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #437
ns2000x
Converted
 
ns2000x's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
I'm selling my 18" style 313 wheels with michelin pilot super sport tires in the general section

and a roof rack, new
and 10 oil filters, new in bag
and a set of wiper blades, new in box

all from tischer bmw, maryland. all local.

pm me if questions arise.
Have you picked up a replacement for the BMW or will you stick to driving the P-Car?
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
ns2000x is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #438
MirelZ
New Member
 
MirelZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 325xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Quebec

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

ill go check out otto thx alot

also , anyone coding around Ottawa/Gatineau?
MirelZ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #439
ns2000x
Converted
 
ns2000x's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirelZ View Post
ill go check out otto thx alot

also , anyone coding around Ottawa/Gatineau?
I know of at least the one forum member Rob (BDMBimmer).
He has coded my buddies 328i, and a couple of the guys cars on this thread at least.

Nice guy too.
__________________

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
ns2000x is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #440
cc_25
Private First Class
 
cc_25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON

Posts: 107
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
I know of at least the one forum member Rob (BDMBimmer).
He has coded my buddies 328i, and a couple of the guys cars on this thread at least.

Nice guy too.
Coded mine as well. Great guy, definitely send him a message if you need some coding done.
cc_25 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST