E90Post

jb4store

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > * *Amber H3 Cornering Bulb ? ? * *

08-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
e92LuNaTiC
Major
Mexico

Drives: Monaco Blue e92

Question * *Amber H3 Cornering Bulb ? ? * *

I was wondering if they exist for our BMW's?

I purchased a pair probably about 1 year ago from autolumination.com for a few bucks; H3 Amber Bulbs.

I went ahead and installed them on my early 07 e92 and nothin'
I got a error code as expected and they wouldn't even light up?!

I wanted them since they would match my Amber corners when I signal/turn.
I had GP Thunders H3's for a while, but having messed with many Angel Eye lighting options, you can't
even see the H3 bulb light up! Why? Any bulb application for e92's the inner ring is always a lot
brighter than the outer ring since the light has to travel a lot further through the larger outter ring.

I currently have installed Alpine's HID kit for my Angel Eye's, now those suckers are BRIGHT!
There was definitely NO WAY you can see the cornering bulb light up now since the
HID kit overpowers the inner ring as usual like all the other bulb applications.

I ended up throwing back in the OEM H3 cornering bulb, and now you definitely see the bulbs light up.

Can some of the vendors chime in on this please? Since my autolumination purchase I have gotten
my e92 coded and now have corner delete's (didn't want to see any Amber on my car till I signaled )

I definitely want to get rid of that OEM incandescent looking H3 bulb I have installed.
There's 3000k, 6500k, 8000k cornering bulb applications, why not AMBER??

08-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
e92LuNaTiC
Major
Mexico

09-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
e92LuNaTiC
Major
Mexico

09-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States

Drives: 2010 328i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
I'd say try the autolumination bulbs again. There's no reason to suggest why a halogen bulb could cause errors--actually, they can't. Unless you purchased one of the wrong wattage. Alternatively, you could work on designing an UBER LED based solution--5x 10 Watt Eagle EYE SMT Tower on some sort of custom base (or an entirely custom design) + some coding = a very very bright amber bulb