E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > front bumper question

12-04-2005, 03:28 PM   #1
06325iCC

Drives: bmw

front bumper question

I know this has been discussed, and I also searched for this..but I was wondering about the front tag. I seen the post about the ED delivery, but I am not doing Ed delivery. I seen one say they don't drill the front bumper for the tag anymore, is this true? I was hoping the tag was attached from underneath. I can't believe they still don't use a set up like this by now. I am going to possibly get a 06325i next week, but forgot to ask about the tag in the front. Someone please let me know if they still do that. I had to keep reminding them on my last one (2000 328Ci) that I did NOT want holes in the front... thanks for any info
      12-04-2005, 03:38 PM   #2
YYdoodle
Captain

Drives: E92 M3 fanatic

First, welcome to the forum! I think the answer to this question depends on what state you're in and your particular dealer's practice. Most dealers in states that require plates drill the bumper automatically, but there have been plenty of people here who didn't want holes drilled and all they had to do was talk to their dealership and give instructions not to drill the bumper.

Just make sure you give directions to your CA to make sure they don't drill the bumper and you should be fine. Good luck with the car you're gonna love it!
      12-04-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
coco
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Bimmmer

I've yet to see a dealership in the states that use the same system that ED does (attaching tag from underneath). Like Terps said just call them up and tell them not to drill holes... shouldn't be a problem fulfilling that request (especially if NC has no law requiring front plates).
      12-04-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
06325iCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps
First, welcome to the forum! I think the answer to this question depends on what state you're in and your particular dealer's practice. Most dealers in states that require plates drill the bumper automatically, but there have been plenty of people here who didn't want holes drilled and all they had to do was talk to their dealership and give instructions not to drill the bumper.

Just make sure you give directions to your CA to make sure they don't drill the bumper and you should be fine. Good luck with the car you're gonna love it!

thanks, I'm sure I'll love it..I did not order the car, the car I wanted was at another dealer, so they had it delivered there. So I am sure the bumper is drilled. The dealer here where I live, I noticed some have tags on front. So whether the state requires front plates does not matter. The tags were the dealerships logo. I guess I was checking to see if they did the sensible thing and have a bracket that attached from underneath, but I'm sure they don't. that would be too easy lol
      12-04-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
YYimports
First Lieutenant

Drives: TitanSilver E90

Congrats on your soon to be E90! Have you thought about using bumperplugs if the bumper turns out to be drilled?

12-04-2005, 04:31 PM   #6
06325iCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost8found
Congrats on your soon to be E90! Have you thought about using bumperplugs if the bumper turns out to be drilled?

Hi, your car looks great and thanks.. I was just looking at bumperplugs.com, I seen the black ones, I guess they would match? If it is drilled I will have to get those but I hope its not!

PS what tint is that on yours?
      12-04-2005, 04:32 PM   #7
06325iCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost8found

I just noticed you have the plugs, what was involved in doing that??
      12-04-2005, 04:35 PM   #8
YYimports
First Lieutenant

Drives: TitanSilver E90

Not my car, that's Ioman's car and he has 35% tint.. here's his thread
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ht=bumperplugs

What color is your car going to be? If it's dark colored, the bumperplugs are almost invisible, and it's not even that noticeable on light colors, like on Ioman's car.

Here's installation instructions on bumper plugs from a member:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=48350

Here's some thread from someone who home-made bumperplugs with parts from Home Depot.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=48350
      12-04-2005, 04:53 PM   #9
06325iCC

What color is your car going to be? If it's dark colored, the bumperplugs are almost invisible, and it's not even that noticeable on light colors, like on Ioman's car.

Oh OK, thanks, the car is Black, I thought maybe they came black and I just popped them in? If it has the holes and tag up there I sure hope it not scratched up underneath there!! :mad:
      12-04-2005, 05:29 PM   #10
Jason
Administrator

Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06325iCC
Oh OK, thanks, the car is Black, I thought maybe they came black and I just popped them in? If it has the holes and tag up there I sure hope it not scratched up underneath there!! :mad:
I think bumperplugs that you buy from bumperplugs.com are prepainted. That one link up there was instructions from a guy who made plugs himself based on parts from Home Depot and painting with touch-up paint.
Jason is offline   United_States
      12-04-2005, 06:34 PM   #11
BMW F22
Major General

Drives: ///M235i

just call your dealer and tell them not to drill it if it's not drilled by the other dealer. I had mine trucked from another dealer too. It was rfom some other state. I was lucky that they didnt drill it. I dont wanna get your hopes up but chances are it wont b drilled.
BMW F22 is offline   United_States
      12-04-2005, 07:39 PM   #12
06325iCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
just call your dealer and tell them not to drill it if it's not drilled by the other dealer. I had mine trucked from another dealer too. It was rfom some other state. I was lucky that they didnt drill it. I dont wanna get your hopes up but chances are it wont b drilled.
Hey I called and left a message about that..he had left me one saying my car arrived yesterday.. Then last night it hit me about the tag! I love your positive attitude, I'll try to keep one too
      12-05-2005, 07:20 PM   #13
06325iCC

Hey Good news, he called me back today and said.. NO HOLES ARE DRILLED IN BUMPER!! He said they don't drill for tags unless it's requested!!