E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Car damaged prior to delivery



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
Xtype0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 335xi Special Edition
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Xtype0
Car damaged prior to delivery

Has anyone had any experience with their vehicle being damaged on delivery and the dealer unable to find another similar spec vehicle/price range? I'm curious to hear what the dealer/BMW Canada would offer to move you to either a higher spec model or another series?

Thanks.
__________________
'11 E90 335xi, ZRS, ZRW, ZKK

'11 Honda CBR250RAB
Xtype0 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
Auto Pilot
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 SG CR 335xi e92, M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GTA, Ontario

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

I don't think they would offer you anything to move you up to a higher spec or different series. Nice to daydream about it though.
Auto Pilot is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
SGxi
Major General
 
Drives: E90 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,805
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
I hope you have switched dealers since the previous incidents?
__________________
MY07 A22 E90 N52Nxi
SGxi is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
335BBS
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Pilot View Post
I don't think they would offer you anything to move you up to a higher spec or different series. Nice to daydream about it though.
Exactly. Sounds like someone is looking for something for nothing...............
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGxi View Post
I hope you have switched dealers since the previous incidents?
Why should he switch? Don't you mean previous ACCIDENT? Probably didnt do it on purpose. Have you ever had an accident of any sort????
335BBS is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
Xtype0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 335xi Special Edition
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Xtype0
Well, I know they do offer incentives on incidents/accidents that they cause, because i have received them in the past.....but this one is new to me as its prior to delivery with contract and all signed, but its at the end of the production year, so I doubt they can just build another one to the same spec.

No, I didn't switch cause they gave me a good deal on this one too. I'm just bad luck with cars I guess, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaker View Post
Exactly. Sounds like someone is looking for something for nothing...............


Why should he switch? Don't you mean previous ACCIDENT? Probably didnt do it on purpose. Have you ever had an accident of any sort????
__________________
'11 E90 335xi, ZRS, ZRW, ZKK

'11 Honda CBR250RAB
Xtype0 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,643
iTrader: (0)

well, if you are leasing then it does not really matter much to you as you will be just dropping off the keys and walk away. As long as the incident is noted on pre delivery and the dealer agreed to fix the damage. You can request some sort of compensation from the dealer and/or BMW Canada for your inconvenience.
bobblehead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #7
335BBS
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtype0 View Post
Well, I know they do offer incentives on incidents/accidents that they cause, because i have received them in the past.....but this one is new to me as its prior to delivery with contract and all signed, but its at the end of the production year, so I doubt they can just build another one to the same spec.

No, I didn't switch cause they gave me a good deal on this one too. I'm just bad luck with cars I guess, lol.
This has happened to you before?? Yikes. They will probably offer you something for the inconvenience of waiting. Too bad.
335BBS is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2011, 08:35 AM   #8
335BBS
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
well, if you are leasing then it does not really matter much to you as you will be just dropping off the keys and walk away. As long as the incident is noted on pre delivery and the dealer agreed to fix the damage. You can request some sort of compensation from the dealer and/or BMW Canada for your inconvenience.
I guess youre right but I'd always be thinking about it. Paint is never the same. I'd see if I could have a different car.
335BBS is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #9
Xtype0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 335xi Special Edition
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Xtype0
Its not a lease this time because the residuals are horrible now and the lease rates aren't attractive as they were before.

Well, they said they found another one that is exactly the same, but they have to negotiate with another dealer to get the car. Nonetheless, its going to take time and god for bid they should damage this one in transit again.
Xtype0 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #10
Xtype0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 335xi Special Edition
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Xtype0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaker View Post
I guess youre right but I'd always be thinking about it. Paint is never the same. I'd see if I could have a different car.
Agree.....it wasn't like a scratch as the sales guy described it, it was like a dent the size of a coffee cup lid with heavy scuffing/paint transfer on both sides of the sunroof. Definitely more than $1k worth of damages.
Xtype0 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #11
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,643
iTrader: (0)

Yikes. That's ugly (have big dent & paint damage).

Since you are buying, you should wait for the response from the dealer in regards to the swap. But then, why would the other dealer give your dealer a good car and in return, they get the damaged one, it does not make sense.

Just beware that your dealer will make you all kinds of promises to get it right, but always get that in writing.

Sorry to hear your experience.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtype0 View Post
Agree.....it wasn't like a scratch as the sales guy described it, it was like a dent the size of a coffee cup lid with heavy scuffing/paint transfer on both sides of the sunroof. Definitely more than $1k worth of damages.
bobblehead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #12
Xtype0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 335xi Special Edition
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Xtype0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Yikes. That's ugly (have big dent & paint damage).

Since you are buying, you should wait for the response from the dealer in regards to the swap. But then, why would the other dealer give your dealer a good car and in return, they get the damaged one, it does not make sense.

Just beware that your dealer will make you all kinds of promises to get it right, but always get that in writing.

Sorry to hear your experience.
I don't think they are trading the damaged one. More than likely they will fix and depending if they can get away with selling it, sell to someone else or drive it around as a demo and sell it as is.
__________________
'11 E90 335xi, ZRS, ZRW, ZKK

'11 Honda CBR250RAB
Xtype0 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #13
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,643
iTrader: (0)

Hopefully everything will work out.

Maybe it's time to squeeze the dealer for a performance exhaust or performance power kit (if you are into modding the car)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtype0 View Post
I don't think they are trading the damaged one. More than likely they will fix and depending if they can get away with selling it, sell to someone else or drive it around as a demo and sell it as is.
bobblehead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #14
m-technik
Captain
 
m-technik's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335, E36 Ti, Porsche 986
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Posts: 787
iTrader: (0)

There was a bird crap mark on the hood of the car I bought when I went to pick it up. BMW paid for a repaint of the hood and gave me a $300 detailing voucher.
__________________
Monaco Blue E92 335 - i-Forged Senekas, KW V2 Coilovers, OEM Bmw Aero lip, AFE DCI, LUX H8
Lapis Blue Porsche 986 -Aero kit, 996 5-spoke wheels
Jet Black E36 Ti - E36 M3 drivetrain, Full M-Tech, H&R Coilovers, 3.73 LSD, M-Clubsport interior and much more...
m-technik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #15
335BBS
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-technik View Post
There was a bird crap mark on the hood of the car I bought when I went to pick it up. BMW paid for a repaint of the hood and gave me a $300 detailing voucher.
Yikes.....repaint is always softer. I would never take a repainted car. A good detailer could have gotten that out.
335BBS is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #16
SGxi
Major General
 
Drives: E90 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,805
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaker View Post
Why should he switch? Don't you mean previous ACCIDENT? Probably didnt do it on purpose. Have you ever had an accident of any sort????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtype0 View Post
Well, I know they do offer incentives on incidents/accidents that they cause, because i have received them in the past.....but this one is new to me as its prior to delivery with contract and all signed, but its at the end of the production year, so I doubt they can just build another one to the same spec.

No, I didn't switch cause they gave me a good deal on this one too. I'm just bad luck with cars I guess, lol.
OP had an indicent with his previous car at a GTA dealer, that's why I ask if it's from the same dealer or if he has switched.
__________________
MY07 A22 E90 N52Nxi
SGxi is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST