E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > lost.of.power.??



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-20-2011, 03:42 AM   #1
busta7777
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
641
Posts

 
Drives: RB N54 335iS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Downey

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to busta7777 Send a message via Yahoo to busta7777
lost.of.power.??

ok.so.i.have.a.335i.07.and.everytime.i.drive.the.c ar.hard.after.several.minutes..it.loses.complete.p ower,it,starts,going.reall.slow.like.no.boost.at.a ll?..no.check.engine.light.or.limp.mode?.it.only.h appens.when.i.drive.the.car.hard.it.doesnt.make.se nse.i.have.taking.the.car.to.dealer.and.say.nothin g.is.wrong.with.the....car.a.few.days.ago.racing.a .sti.my.car.overheated.the.red.oil.light.came.on.i .did.not.know.what.this.ment.until.i.looked.it.up. .has.anyone.had.any.problems.like.this?(sorry.spac e.bar.is.broken.).again.this.only.happens.if.i.kee p.driving.the.car.to.max.after.a.few.minutes.(few. runs)
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
e92LuNaTiC
Major
e92LuNaTiC's Avatar
Mexico
24
Rep
1,466
Posts

 
Drives: Monaco Blue e92
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ///310

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by busta7777 View Post
ok.so.i.have.a.335i.07.and.everytime.i.drive.the.c ar.hard.after.several.minutes..it.loses.complete.p ower,it,starts,going.reall.slow.like.no.boost.at.a ll?..no.check.engine.light.or.limp.mode?.it.only.h appens.when.i.drive.the.car.hard.it.doesnt.make.se nse.i.have.taking.the.car.to.dealer.and.say.nothin g.is.wrong.with.the....car.a.few.days.ago.racing.a .sti.my.car.overheated.the.red.oil.light.came.on.i .did.not.know.what.this.ment.until.i.looked.it.up. .has.anyone.had.any.problems.like.this?(sorry.spac e.bar.is.broken.).again.this.only.happens.if.i.kee p.driving.the.car.to.max.after.a.few.minutes.(few. runs)
Not sure if this may have to do with your loss of power but a red engine oil light on saying it's overheated has to do with you water pump. Don't drive the car any further, I had to replace mine around 50k miles which is where all BMW's water pumps seem to give out. Part is gonna cost around $500 and install all depends on the shop. I had a mechanic friend do it for $200, but I believe LTBMW does this too! Hit em' up!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
81
Rep
4,448
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA

iTrader: (0)

Now that the engine light came on it has stored an error. If you bring it back to the dealer they will be able to pull an error.

Then take the loaner they give you go to Best Buy and buy a new keyboard lol
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
busta7777
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
641
Posts

 
Drives: RB N54 335iS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Downey

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to busta7777 Send a message via Yahoo to busta7777
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92LuNaTiC View Post
Not sure if this may have to do with your loss of power but a red engine oil light on saying it's overheated has to do with you water pump. Don't drive the car any further, I had to replace mine around 50k miles which is where all BMW's water pumps seem to give out. Part is gonna cost around $500 and install all depends on the shop. I had a mechanic friend do it for $200, but I believe LTBMW does this too! Hit em' up!
even.if.the.car.doesnt.leak.water?.i.still.have.wa rranty.on.the.car.its.coverd.by.warranty.right?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
etc335i
Trainee
El Salvador
10
Rep
388
Posts

 
Drives: BUS PASS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: El Salvador

iTrader: (0)

I think a new keyboard should be first on your list lol
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #6
busta7777
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
641
Posts

 
Drives: RB N54 335iS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Downey

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to busta7777 Send a message via Yahoo to busta7777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@DetailAddict View Post
Now that the engine light came on it has stored an error. If you bring it back to the dealer they will be able to pull an error.

Then take the loaner they give you go to Best Buy and buy a new keyboard lol

lol..haha..thanks.man.just.took.the.car.in.coulden t.get.a.loaner.though.since...not.21.yet..-__-.but.will.but.the.,keyboard.asap.tired.of.this.!:t humbsup:
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #7
busta7777
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
641
Posts

 
Drives: RB N54 335iS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Downey

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to busta7777 Send a message via Yahoo to busta7777
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikf87 View Post
I think a new keyboard should be first on your list lol
haha.my.car.always.comes.1st..happyanim:
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 09:47 PM   #8
kiwi29
Team iTouge
kiwi29's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
2,074
Posts

 
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (9)

After hard driving in my car it went into limp mode like yours, I stopped and restarted it and went back to racing and bam! Car shut off completely, seems to be a big problem as far as safe mode goes, get it checked out asap before it shuts off like mine did
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm going to use a very simple analogy, I hope you'll understand.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST