E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Perry or Obama

09-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #67
driersheets
Banned
Rep

Drives: 335i

we need clinton back

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #68
11Series
Rep

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
The two pictures, quickly and succinctly, point out the difference between the two men (and virtually any other leader) clearly and immediately.

Perry's picture makes him qualified for US President? Are you trying to say that while serving as US President, they will be required to personally fly a C-130 transport plane in non-combat missions, so Perry has the experience needed?

And that while serving as the US President, they will never have to deal with any laws, so Obama leading the Harvard Law Review at ~22 and graduating with a law degree and Magna Cum Laude honors (somewhere between the top 5% and the top 20% of his class) will never be of any use?

I don't think you know what the US President does. This reminds me of Sarah Palin saying "As for that VP talk all the time, I'll tell you, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day?"

US Presidents don't fly C130 cargo planes as part of their job. I think you guys might be able to choose better candidates if you actually knew what Presidents and Vice-Presidents did once they get elected. The job you have in mind isn't called "President" it's called "Pilot".
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #69
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
So let me get this straight.

Some guy who hates Obama went out of his way to create this image in order to make Obama look bad and Perry look good.

He went to Time magazine's website and selected the photo of Obama from 1980 when Obama was 18 or 19 and lied and said it was from when Obama was 22.

http://www.time.com/time/photogaller...815160,00.html

Next, even though using full names brought nothing of value to the comparison instead of just using "Rick Perry" and "Barack Obama" as each of them refers to themselves, he puts the full names of both Presidential Candidates under the pictures.

And your claim you don't think this guy knew about the common internet meme of using Obama's middle name as an Islamophobic dog whistle? The same guy who lied about Obama's age? The same guy who decided to create a negative comparison in the first place? This same guy wasn't aware that he was using a dog-whistle?

It isn't that we disagree, it is that we live in alternate realities. To claim that this was an innocent use of full names is like claiming that John Hinkley Jr. wasn't trying to shoot Reagan. He just happened to be standing near the President when a gun happened to go off for no particular reason. Me, I can see into Hinkley's mind and heart enough to know that he intentionally wanted to kill Reagan, it's no huge leap in logic for me.

Your ability for blind denial is simply amazing! It's almost at the level of a superpower. Without your blind denial superpower, most normal people would just say"

"Yea, the guy who made this image definitely knew about using Obama's middle name as a dog whistle, and he did it to make Obama look as bad as he possibly could."

Everyone knows this is the truth, aside from those like you with your blind denial superpower. Don't worry, I don't expect you to actually admit that in your heart you also believe the person who created this image intentionally used a common dog whistle that everyone knows about. You can just change the topic so you don't have to admit it.
You seem to think all of this is stuff that didn't occur when we didn't have a black President. You seem like you are not here to discuss, nor debate. I get the impression that you're here to push an agenda on others. No point in engaging any further, as I seriously don't think you're capable of disagreeing with another human being without being a complete cock.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, my opinion, man....

EDIT: Just to make things clear, I don't wish you any ill will. Your opinion is your opinion, and I see where you're coming from, although I do not empathize, nor agree. Why does it make you so angry when people disagree with you? You do realize that opinions may vary from person to person, and the reasons for someone else's opinion varying from yours may very well not be because of racism or some other horrible thing, right NixonII?

Last edited by ragingclue; 09-30-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #70
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Perry's picture makes him qualified for US President? Are you trying to say that while serving as US President, they will be required to personally fly a C-130 transport plane in non-combat missions, so Perry has the experience needed?

Never said anything about Perry being qualified. But he has had a productive, contributing life as opposed to the lightweight.

And that while serving as the US President, they will never have to deal with any laws, so Obama leading the Harvard Law Review at ~22 and graduating with a law degree and Magna Cum Laude honors (somewhere between the top 5% and the top 20% of his class) will never be of any use?

Guess he used that extensive understanding of the law during his (woops) truncated and totally forgettable stint as a senator. He sure hasn't used it to propose any legislation that was important or solved anything. And of course, you know that he's supposed to execute, law is the purview of that other branch of government.

I don't think you know what the US President does. This reminds me of Sarah Palin saying "As for that VP talk all the time, I'll tell you, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day?"

And Sarah is responsible for nobama's lack of accomplishment. Thought is was Bush's fault?

US Presidents don't fly C130 cargo planes as part of their job. I think you guys might be able to choose better candidates if you actually knew what Presidents and Vice-Presidents did once they get elected. The job you have in mind isn't called "President" it's called "Pilot".

This president not only can't govern or lead but he also can't fly a plane so I guess you made your point? But the pilot experience came when Perry was serving his country, not organizing communities. BTW--in all that community organizing did he ever actually help anyone, solve a problem, fix anything?

Don't have to chose any better candidates, virtually all of the dogs and cats on the republican side are polling ahead or within single digits of your boy. This sitting president can't even pull away from the gaggle.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #71
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: M Coupe

A person can serve his or her country in ways besides joining the military.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #72
yakev724
Brigadier General
Russian Federation
Rep

Drives: 00 RX300

I have yet to read a sound analysis of the possibilities of having either in the white house for the next term, though as of right now, I'll be pretty disappointed to have to choose between them in my first election.

I'm baffled by the choice of republican candidates.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #73
11Series
Rep

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
You seem to think all of this is stuff that didn't occur when we didn't have a black President. You seem like you are not here to discuss, nor debate. I get the impression that you're here to push an agenda on others. No point in engaging any further, as I seriously don't think you're capable of disagreeing with another human being without being a complete cock.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, my opinion, man....
Of course racist dog whistles happened before Obama.

In fact, many of the same right-wingers who are using the "half-rican" dog whistles regarding Obama's mixed heritage, and the Islamophobic dog whistle regarding his middle name also used racist dog-whistles against WHITE candidates. For example, in 2000 when Bush supporters put out pamphlets suggesting that John McCain had fathered an illegitimate black baby.

All you've done is help establish a clear line of behavior of the usual suspects to re-use the same tactic of racist dog whistles. These were racist dog whistles when used against a White candidate, and they are racist dog whistles when used against Obama too.

I see you will never, ever address the fact that the ONLY logical conclusion about the person who created this graphic was that he what intentionally using a racist dog-whistle, just like Republican operative Warren Tompkins did to McCain in 2000.

I agree with what McCain said about folks who use racist dog-whistles:

“A lot of phone calls were made by people who said we should be very ashamed about her, about the color of her skin,” McCain told one interviewer. “Thousands and thousands of calls from people to voters saying ‘You know the McCains have a black baby.’ I believe that there is a special place in hell for people like those.”

Why am I angry? Why don't you ask McCain why he was angry when the same thing was done to him?

Does what was done to McCain disgust you? If not, you don't have a heart. If so, and you blow it off when it is done to Obama, you are an enabler and a sympathizer to those racists who are doing it now. That means I have a problem with you.

Frankly, if you read this post with even a half-open mind and you don't come away convinced NEVER to use or support or defend the use of the racist dog whistles commonly used against Obama, It becomes REALLY hard to conclude anything other than you've chosen willingly to side with the racists.

Since I don't actually think you are a bad person, let me humbly suggest that it is time for you to do an honest gut-check and decide who you really are. Don't let your dogged desire to bash my posts on this website cause you to re-define your values and beliefs to be something other than what you want them to be.

Last edited by 11Series; 09-30-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #74
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
obama is a person with (other than academic) absolutely no accomplishments whatsoever. Never built a business, never signed a paycheck, never served his country, the list of his "accomplishments" is very short.
You've said this probably 20 times, and it's still bullshit. Stop using this forum to convince yourself that Obama's not going to wipe the floor with any of the GOP fools.

Honestly, they're a bunch of losers, and you know it, that's why you're so angry. Perry's a dope who can't debate, who doesn't believe in evolution, and who once managed Al Gore's campaign. Romney is the father of what you call Obamacare, and he was governor of possibly the most liberal state. They have him on tape contradicting every platform he's now running on. And he believes in magic underwear.

Who else is there? Ron Paul has no chance in hell. The economy's recovering, and Obama will be reelected. Next.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #75
JUJ13
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
...Convenient that it's the disgraced GOP chair, who's a BISON (black in skin only). Are you buddies with Alan Keyes too? Now if you hung with Kanye West or Al Sharpton, you'd be talkin'.
Seriously? Are liberals that desperate nowadays that they have to redefine what it means to be "black"? I suppose that does make it simpler to decry racism when one disagrees with anyone in the approved list of "black" people.

Definitely explains a lot about the "racism" howling that's been going on in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #76
JUJ13
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
classy democratic since 1989?
Well, the usual strategy is to label someone a racist. If that fails, then it's time to throw the homophobia around. It's been a while since I've gotten involved in politichat in the internet, but I think the next thing you'll become is a woman-beater or maybe something worse, like a businessman, or a tax payer.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 10:46 PM   #77
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
I said the average unemployment during Reagans first four years was 7.5%. For one month it hit north of 10%.....just like BHO in 10/09 when it hit 10.1%. On average, unempoyment has been north of 9% during BHO's entire term. The difference is that Ronald Reagan was a leader and rectified the situation.
You're such a poor debator. Unemployment during Reagan hit 11%, and it was over 9% for 1.5 years. Learn how to read a chart. So Reagan's "leadership" was that he let unemployment rise from 7% to 11% during his first 2 years - way to go. Under Obama, unemployment stopped rising just 9 months in.
Quote:
BHO wants to start class warfare and steal from the rich. The top 1% pay half of the entire tax burden in this country. The top 10% pay 75%. We all know that 50% don't pay any income taxes. How about we start there and ask those to pony up? I never got a job from a poor person. Have you?.
What a crock of shit! Top tax rates have never been lower. Steal from the rich, are you kidding me?! We have always had a graduated tax, and for good reason, but now we're taking less from the rich than ever, and the wealth gap is growing. We all don't know that 50% don't pay taxes, cause it isn't true! And the "job creator" rhetoric is a crock - how bout you stop taxing me, and I'll help the economy by buying a lot of shit. Call me an "economy stimulator".

Quote:
I worked on the Steele campaign. If I revealed my real name you'd find it easily in the documents?.
What a self-important little man you are - who f-in cares?
Quote:
I think we all know here who the real racist is.
No we don't, please explain.
Quote:
Sorry pal....he was referred to as Barry when he entered college
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...me-barack.html
Wise up.
I'm not your pal, loser - you don't even know what you wrote. You said he went by Soetoro - Wrong.
Quote:
Clinton was much more liberal than Obama? Dude, pull your head out of your ass. Bill Clinton was left of center. BHO is left of left. Barack Obama's voting record (THIS IS PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE......GO READ IT FOR YOURSELF) was the most liberal of all in Congress prior to his election.
As a president, he's a moderate, as I've shown. The rest is in your head.
Quote:
What irks me with him? Seriously? Do you struggle with reading comprehension?
No, there's just no f-in words to comprehend! Did you delete the paragraph wherein you actually say something? Again, you're a terrible debator, no wonder you worked for Steele.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 10:54 PM   #78
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUJ13 View Post
Well, the usual strategy is to label someone a racist. If that fails, then it's time to throw the homophobia around. It's been a while since I've gotten involved in politichat in the internet, but I think the next thing you'll become is a woman-beater or maybe something worse, like a businessman, or a tax payer.
Happy reading
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
I'd argue that if you don't want religion do what the gay's do, try to justify everything.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 11:12 PM   #79
JUJ13
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Happy reading
Ok, so where's the rest of it? That sentence by itself doesn't tell me much without the rest of the context.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 04:04 AM   #80
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUJ13 View Post
Ok, so where's the rest of it? That sentence by itself doesn't tell me much without the rest of the context.
The post was made in one of the other threads here. We're getting off-topic.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 07:16 AM   #81
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
You've said this probably 20 times, and it's still bullshit.

Then refute my statements about the pitiful one's "accomplishments" and stop trying to change the subject.

The economy's recovering, and Obama will be reelected. Next.
You are delusional about the economy and its effect on real people and it's gonna cost you dems at the polls. The only way nobama gets reelected is if there's far right third party candidate to draw off the votes. Unless of course he "fixes" the world in the meantime and that ain't gonna happen.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #82
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Drives: Topless 135/Electric Boogaloo

I still dont understand why everyone rips obama's head off? Hes blocked on almost everything by the fucking 4 year olds that are currently in congress.

I mean seriously? We came closer to a government shutdown than we ever have before in august. It eclipsed how close we came in 1812, and that was because the British had invaded DC and burned down the capital building!

Obama would be half decent if he had a chance at any of legislation being passed. And as far as the GOP candidates go...yeeesh

So we have Migraine Lady with crazy eyes, George Bush on PCP, Oldy McOlderson, and Mitt Romney?

id make a better president than those fools
      10-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #83
STIHLBOLTS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Blocked on almost everything? What the heck do you call the Mammoth Health care debacle? You think things are ugly now, just wait in 2012 it's going to get worse. Famous words paraphrased " You have to read it to know what's in it" These are the Liberals that shoveled that garbage on us.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he first came into office. He had a chance to unite and he failed doing that. He had the majority, he got what he wanted in the social agenda and he's living with it now. The problem as I see it is not that it's not a worth wile cause, it's that he shoved it down our throats with the you will buy it mandate. What he should have done was regulate insurance companies to make it affordable. Change the law on hospitals to stop requiring them to help folks that don't pay. Carrot and stick, and everyone pays. But no he used the stick. Raceist, not me, but I don't call him my president. He's a AHOLE!

2008 - Z4MR BMWCCA / ZSCCA Member
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #84
alms211
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
I still dont understand why everyone rips obama's head off? Hes blocked on almost everything by the fucking 4 year olds that are currently in congress.

I mean seriously? We came closer to a government shutdown than we ever have before in august. It eclipsed how close we came in 1812, and that was because the British had invaded DC and burned down the capital building!

Obama would be half decent if he had a chance at any of legislation being passed. And as far as the GOP candidates go...yeeesh

So we have Migraine Lady with crazy eyes, George Bush on PCP, Oldy McOlderson, and Mitt Romney?

This piss poor excuse for a President had two years with majority in both houses and didn't do jack shit to help this economy. Who's fault is that? He was too busy shoving unconstitutional mandated healtcare down our throats. And found every fucking loophole to pass that pile of shit that the overwhelming majority of Americans don't want. The largest legislation in the history of this country and he had to circumvent normal approval process to get it passed. That speaks volumes to the type of guy he is. It's been "the economy stupid" since he raised his right hand on 1/13/10 and he is just now worried about unemployment......gee, I wonder why? It's campaign season. This guy is an abject failure in the biggest way.

His legislation is god awful and thats why it doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of passing. This latest pile of excrement he put in front of Harry Reid won't even be brought up in the SENATE that the DEM control. What the hell does that tell you? It's garbage.

Any single one of those Repubs that are running would be a 100% improvement over BHO. Shit, Hillary would have run circles around him.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #85
pt
Private
Rep

Drives: I miss my E12

Quote:

Others may not necessarily agree, but I think the biggest mistake he made was the healthcare legislation. WHen he first came into office, he had an entire country furious with the banking system. Had he actually acted on it, the repubs would've been backed into a corner and effectively neutered. This would've gained him a great deal of momentum to move onto other things he wanted to do.

Unfortunately, he installed Summers and Geithner to their respective positions, who defended the status quo on the banking system, ignored Volcker's recommendations and instead moved on healthcare, earning him the anger of the repubs, dems and a good deal of independents . This was a HUGE strategic blunder and is absolutely key to the difficulties he's having now.

He had the opportunity to really rise to the occasion and achieve greatness when he first came into office. But he squandered it, reducing himself to simply the latest dolt that overpromised and underdelivered.

This is what happens when unqualified people are elected into office at times of serious difficulty. Obama is the second guy in a row that screwed things up by sheer incompetence. In my opinion, there should be some minimal competencies signed into law for anyone running for government office. They don't pass the test and/or have the right resume, they can't run for office.

My 2 cents, anyway.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #86
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You are delusional about the economy and its effect on real people and it's gonna cost you dems at the polls.
You are delusional about the fact that Obama polls higher now against every GOP candidate, with Romney at about even. Those are the facts, not the crap you spew. Americans are also now in favor of raising taxes on the rich. The economy's vastly better now than when Obama took office, and it will continue to improve. And you just can't deal with that, eh?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #87
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This piss poor excuse for a President had two years with majority in both houses and didn't do jack shit to help this economy.
So the daily corporate bankruptcies, the bailouts, the Dow at 6500, the recession, the escalating unemployment, the tanking real estate market - those are all still the same? Funny, because it would seem you've had your head up your ass this whole time.

You disregard all the facts and reality of what's actually transpired, just so you can make profane tirades about the guy. You're the problem, you and your ilk are the reason there's a deep divide in govt and in the US population. Because you ignore facts and are purely driven by hate.

You are so delusional I had to go over Reagan's unemployment figures 3 times before you realized that your memories of him are fantasy.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #88
jkrig
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 07' e90 335i (SGM)

Quote:

Exactly!!!! Regardless of what side you are on you have to see this as fact....its like cutting of your nose to spite your face, it seems at this point it's just about getting a dem out of office than doing what is necessary to build this nations economy as a whole. The Rep party USED to stand for patriotism, but their actions as of late, don't seem to live up to that...And what bewilders me most of all is that people actually stand behind some of these dicision even when it goes against their best interest....
Appreciate 0