E90Post
 


Alpine HID
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Grand Venus Roll Call



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #45
fthrower
Floating Along on Grand Venus
 
Drives: 2012 335is Titanium Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
I wonder if today's epic rain will slow down the process
It's not raining out here yet. Is Santa Monica getting a little rain? As long as the grapevine doesn't get shut down, you're still in good shape. The Grand Venus won't be in for another 4 days but I think, short of a hurricane, those giant ships are pretty much unaffected. BTW, my dealership still shows the GV unloading in PH on 10-11 while all the marine information shows it arriving on 10-9.
fthrower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #46
PKL
Colonel
 
PKL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i 6MT Performance
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Santa Monica

Posts: 2,462
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fthrower View Post
It's not raining out here yet. Is Santa Monica getting a little rain? As long as the grapevine doesn't get shut down, you're still in good shape. The Grand Venus won't be in for another 4 days but I think, short of a hurricane, those giant ships are pretty much unaffected. BTW, my dealership still shows the GV unloading in PH on 10-11 while all the marine information shows it arriving on 10-9.
I forget exactly where you are located, north or south of me?

Yes it is definitely raining here in Los Angeles.

I wonder if Platinum Ray is unloading today or if it was unloaded yesterday.
__________________
'11 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT Performance Edition
BMW Performance Exhaust

PKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #47
fthrower
Floating Along on Grand Venus
 
Drives: 2012 335is Titanium Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
I forget exactly where you are located, north or south of me?

Yes it is definitely raining here in Los Angeles.

I wonder if Platinum Ray is unloading today or if it was unloaded yesterday.
I'm about 90 miles east of you, half hour from Palm Springs - My guess is they are unloading both days - A lot depends on where they parked your car. Hopefully, it was right by the ramp.
fthrower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #48
PKL
Colonel
 
PKL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i 6MT Performance
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Santa Monica

Posts: 2,462
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fthrower View Post
I'm about 90 miles east of you, half hour from Palm Springs - My guess is they are unloading both days - A lot depends on where they parked your car. Hopefully, it was right by the ramp.
Theoretically "Prioerity 1" cars get preferential treatment throughout this whole process, so whether it's by the ramp or not, they should "deal" with P1 orders first. I hope...
__________________
'11 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT Performance Edition
BMW Performance Exhaust

PKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #49
PKL
Colonel
 
PKL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i 6MT Performance
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Santa Monica

Posts: 2,462
iTrader: (0)

I just called the 1-800 # for shits and giggles to see what it said.

Apparently my car is back in Germany at the port awaiting a shipping vessel.

IDIOTS.
__________________
'11 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT Performance Edition
BMW Performance Exhaust

PKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #50
fthrower
Floating Along on Grand Venus
 
Drives: 2012 335is Titanium Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
I just called the 1-800 # for shits and giggles to see what it said.

Apparently my car is back in Germany at the port awaiting a shipping vessel.

IDIOTS.
lol - I always tell everybody if they hear a message like that from the BMW tracking system, they should look out in their driveway and see if it's there.
fthrower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #51
fthrower
Floating Along on Grand Venus
 
Drives: 2012 335is Titanium Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Port Hueneme's new schedule is out. I'm posting the link because, depending on where you access it, you may view a dated file. They don't seem to know where to consistently publish the document. I'm hoping the GV will actually unload two days ahead of schedule as it should arrive early Sunday (10-9) morning. Anyway, this is the current pdf - http://www.portofhueneme.org/documen...1007085330.pdf
fthrower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #52
PKL
Colonel
 
PKL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i 6MT Performance
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Santa Monica

Posts: 2,462
iTrader: (0)

I wouldn't be surprised if it unloads 1 day ahead but I don't know about 2. But that's my opinion based on nothing. Getting overly excited throughout this process always seems to lead to dissapointment!

I'm just praying I can sign for my car by the end of the day tomorrow! Really don't want to wait until Monday
__________________
'11 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT Performance Edition
BMW Performance Exhaust

PKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #53
fthrower
Floating Along on Grand Venus
 
Drives: 2012 335is Titanium Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it unloads 1 day ahead but I don't know about 2. But that's my opinion based on nothing. Getting overly excited throughout this process always seems to lead to dissapointment!

I'm just praying I can sign for my car by the end of the day tomorrow! Really don't want to wait until Monday
I don't blame you. Good luck!
fthrower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #54
fthrower
Floating Along on Grand Venus
 
Drives: 2012 335is Titanium Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

On schedule for arrival Sunday morning - nearing Ensenada. Will they let her dock and unload on Sunday or Monday? That is the question.
Attached Images
 
fthrower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #55
fthrower
Floating Along on Grand Venus
 
Drives: 2012 335is Titanium Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Setback

For whatever reason Grand Venus just turned 90 degrees to the right and is headed for Ensenada. Now they are showing an arrival date/time of 10-10 late morning at Port H. Oh well - at least there's football today.
Attached Images
 
fthrower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #56
fthrower
Floating Along on Grand Venus
 
Drives: 2012 335is Titanium Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Unloading on Original Date

The Grand Venus is about to drift by Catalina but only at 10 knots after cruising in circles fishing for rock fish most of yesterday. Realistically, it shouldn't get into Port H until about 5 PST. That puts it back to the original date but, at least, it should be ready to unload early tomorrow. I'm guessing the VPC has plenty of cars based on the time it is taking for cars to be delivered from the Platinum Ray (unloaded 10-5). And, of course, today is a federal holiday so customs agents will be drinking beer rather than doing body cavity searches on those ED vehicles. A bunch of hyundias & kias are being unloaded today but I doubt if too many people take delivery of those overseas. The customs process for not-yet-delivered vehicles is pretty much paperwork. I would assume that BMW employees work today so maybe they will catch up. Now is the time to start thinking about ordering things like genuine BMW rubber floor mats and nice high quality license frames to replace those tacky dealership ones.
Attached Images
 
fthrower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #57
fthrower
Floating Along on Grand Venus
 
Drives: 2012 335is Titanium Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

At Port Hueneme

As everyone is probably aware, the Grand Venus docked at Port H just in time for cocktail hour and Monday Night Football. Lets all hope the next few days will be filled with competency and efficiency, resulting in a lot of happy drivers this coming weekend.
fthrower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #58
PKL
Colonel
 
PKL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i 6MT Performance
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Santa Monica

Posts: 2,462
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fthrower View Post
As everyone is probably aware, the Grand Venus docked at Port H just in time for cocktail hour and Monday Night Football. Lets all hope the next few days will be filled with competency and efficiency, resulting in a lot of happy drivers this coming weekend.
My car docked on a Wednesday and its now the following Tuesday with no car... I would be very surprised if anyone took delivery this weekend.
__________________
'11 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT Performance Edition
BMW Performance Exhaust

PKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #59
fthrower
Floating Along on Grand Venus
 
Drives: 2012 335is Titanium Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
My car docked on a Wednesday and its now the following Tuesday with no car... I would be very surprised if anyone took delivery this weekend.
I prefer to be optimistic - And for you - the day isn't over yet. Here's a shot of the Waggoners truck ready to hall mine away. lol - well, at least it's a static visual to stimulate your interest.
Attached Images
 
fthrower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #60
fthrower
Floating Along on Grand Venus
 
Drives: 2012 335is Titanium Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Well - I'm finally in the "Finishing Touches" stage on Owners Circle. That probably means nothing more than they scanned the vin at the VDC but, at least it's not just sitting forgotten in one of those giant parking lots.
fthrower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #61
fallintotherhyme
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: M316 xi
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 349
iTrader: (0)

mine just got to port via another ship in the east coast.....5 business days to count!
fallintotherhyme is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #62
fthrower
Floating Along on Grand Venus
 
Drives: 2012 335is Titanium Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallintotherhyme View Post
mine just got to port via another ship in the east coast.....5 business days to count!
Don't worry. It just FLIES by . . . . NOT!
fthrower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2011, 02:44 PM   #63
fallintotherhyme
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: M316 xi
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 349
iTrader: (0)

you got your car already fthower?
fallintotherhyme is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #64
fthrower
Floating Along on Grand Venus
 
Drives: 2012 335is Titanium Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallintotherhyme View Post
you got your car already fthower?
Not yet - just waiting for a call. My dealership calls when the vehicle is "released to trucking" as they have a better idea then. Last time it only took 3 to 4 days from the ship's arrival but, based on the volume of cars this time, if I had to make a bet, my guess would be next Tuesday. Oh well.
fthrower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #65
fallintotherhyme
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: M316 xi
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 349
iTrader: (0)

how do you know the volume of the incoming cars? My hat's off to you by the way. I placed my order a bit over a month ago and it's at port now. I can't imagine tracking a vessel through the panama canal all the way up to cali again.
fallintotherhyme is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #66
PKL
Colonel
 
PKL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i 6MT Performance
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Santa Monica

Posts: 2,462
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallintotherhyme View Post
how do you know the volume of the incoming cars? My hat's off to you by the way. I placed my order a bit over a month ago and it's at port now. I can't imagine tracking a vessel through the panama canal all the way up to cali again.
It's soooo worth the wait when you get a gorgeous car EXACTLY how you wanted it!
__________________
'11 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT Performance Edition
BMW Performance Exhaust

PKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
grand venus, hueneme

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST