E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > CARCHEX Warranty anyone?

11-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
NDNchief

Drives: 2007 335i Alpine

CARCHEX Warranty anyone?

I just purchased a used 2007 335i. 45k miles and 5 mo left on orig warranty.
BMW's extended warranty: $3200
CARCHEX "Ultimate Titanium" warranty: $2800 + $100 deduct (may be able to negotiate this to $50)

I have an 02 Denali and broke even on the 100K mile extended warranty I purchased after all the repairs I had done on it. It now has 120K on it and I know enough about it to do most repairs. But I don't know all this little tips and tricks of working on this BMW motor and the system is significantly more complex!

Seems most are not down with extended warranties. But I do plan to keep the car for 5 more years. & Drive about 13K-15K miles per year.

Has anyone used CARCHEX?

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
      11-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Muggie
Private

Drives: e90 335i

I recently purchased my extended through Carchex. The buying process was a breeze. All that they do at Carchex is sell you another companies extended warranty and then profit a couple hundred dollars. I went around and tried to purchase the extended warranty from the company that they work with and could not get it down to Carchex's price.

You're not able to negotiate with them on the prices or deductibles. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I went back and forth with them for about a month looking over the contract and coming up with enough "what if" questions to write a book about it.

Note: I have not used the warranty yet, but I'm getting close to the 50k mark now.
      10-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
alphajen

Drives: '07 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Well I wish I would have gotten that price. I purchased my warranty through carchex for $3200, 48 mo/60,000 mi, $100 deductible. I've had it for a year and today is the first day that I've had to use it.
My car has been drinking oil lately and frankly it's quite annoying. I took it in for a half engine light and told that the dealership that I think that it is leaking oil (I could smell it when I got out of the car but never could see it on the concrete. Come to find out that i needed my valve cover gasket and control arm bushings replaced. stealership price: $1625. I'm paying $147 (they don't pay for shop fees). I asked my SA if he had any problems dealing with them and he said not at all. Fastest pre-authorization he's rec'd in a long time. I hope my future dealings are as pleasant.

'07 335i: Alpine White/Black Dakota 6MT (all stock for now )
      10-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
queensfield
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 330i E90

What were the symptoms of bad control arm bushings? Neighbor is having a wheel noise and car steering to the right problem (alignment done recently). Could it be control arm bushning related.
queensfield is offline   United_States
      10-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
alphajen

Drives: '07 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I honestly couldn't tell you. It's something that they found while looking for the oil leak that I mentioned. The SA said that it could have sounded like a pop when the car was coming to a stop. I never heard this though. Only thing I can think of is the car being loud with squeaks from the front end after going over speed bumps. But I thought that was due to worn out shocks. I have 75,000 miles on my car and have some pretty crappy streets around here and yes, I have hit quite a few potholes.
added bonus: a free alignment due to the replacement of this part.

'07 335i: Alpine White/Black Dakota 6MT (all stock for now )